• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the best looking PlayStation console?

What is the best looking PlayStation console?

• Total voters

Alan Wake

I'm in the minority but I really like the launch PS3. Looks so powerful. The white standard PS4 also looks great. PS5 is probably my least favorite, just terrible. I like the controller, the UI and all, but the design... Ugh.

Last edited:

Kaachan

uwu

xQKru7j.jpg

Mattyp

Gold Member
I still want one.

1082037859.jpg
They’re quite cheap $100 bucks or so, and if you’re in the US don’t need step converter like when I use mine in Australia.

If you travel to Japan they’re even cheaper at book-off but weight a fair bit to cart around.

Point of this thread, PS2 and it’s not even close.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Did Sony get new designers in the mid-2000s or something? I ask because the PlayStation/PSOne, PS2/Slim, and original PS3 are all great looking, as is the PSP. Then, starting with PS3 Slim through PS4, they just got kind of boring. Then with PS5 they decided to go the other way and built a monstrosity.

Last edited:

gimmmick

OG ps4 ranks as my favorite design for consoles. Too bad it sounds like a jet motor when it’s being pushed to its limits.

Filben

PS2 Slim.

Especially if you consider what such a small console back then could achieve. Playing GT4 on that thing was mind-blowing.

Coconutt

Gold Member
Playstation 2 is still one of the greatest console designs, the slim improves on it which is why it got my vote.

Top Bottom