• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the best looking PlayStation console?

What is the best looking PlayStation console?

• Total voters

Chronicle

I love 5 digital edition. Mine has a disc though. Still looks great. 3 and 2 nice as well. They all sexy except 1

Monokrom

On first place Playstation Net Yaroze , Playstation 3 Slim second place and Playstation Vita on third.

59tfjp2rsez51.jpg

Last edited:
OG ps1
PSX
OG ps3 without chrome (but ughh that spiderman font)

OG ps2 gets honorable mention
ps3 super slim is pure trash.

Last edited:

sachos

OG PS1, PS2 Slim, PS4 Slim are top 3 i think. PS4 Pro and PS3 Slim could be the next two. You decide the order.

Codes 208

PSP/vita and the og PS4 take my votes on this one. The PS2 was also not bad-looking (design-wise id take over the dreamcast, GC or xbox)

But theres something about the (literal) edginess of the PS4 that made it such a damn cool looking console

And though i have the digital ps5, it still looks like a over-designed toy compared to prior consoles

Winter John

PS One. Simple. Classic. Followed by PS4. Modern and compact. Fucking Christ I despise the PS5 design. Mine’s is hulking out under the TV and every so often I have to fight the urge to throw the fucking thing in the trash because of how ugly it is. It’s definitely the fat step child of the PlayStation family

calistan

I liked that the PSone had those rounded edges on the controller plugs to match the console. Very nice. But it has to be the PS2 slim with the vertical stand. I’ve still got mine, it’s just a gorgeous little thing. I bought one when it came out, then offloaded my PS2 Fat (for a profit, there was a shortage that Christmas).

Does anyone have a picture of PS2 slim next to the later Playstation models? That would really show what was amazing about it. So tiny, and no fan at all. It still seems kind of futuristic to me.

Filldo

PS5 all the way. The matte covers contrasting with the glossy inside. Dual colors. I also love the use of lights. Oh and the stand makes it look like it’s floating in the horizontal position.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
PlayStation 2 is amazing, but PlayStation is just sublime. Easily #1.

PS5 is like a prostate exam without lube. Not great.

Trunx81

1. Original PlayStation. Such an iconic design. Remember that we’ve came from an era where consoles have been considered kids toys. Sony took a look at the snes and the genesis, then at their own hardware they produced during that time, and made this beautiful, mature looking beauty. It looks techy, adult and with its sharp corners like the best product of its time.
2. PS4. Probably the pinnacle of Sony design, a powerhouse of a console and perfect in sync with modern machines of its time. Still small enough. Timeless design.

Celcius

°Temp. member
The slim PS One, followed by the phat PS3, followed by the original ps2.

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
They are all too ugly so I will go with the PS5 as it has the best looking games. Who the fuck cares what the box looks like anyways?

Barakov

PIggy-backing off of Celcius Celcius 's excellent thread. I'm only including base models in this poll. No special editions (just too many)

PlayStation
playstation-1996-all-playstation-consoles-altar-of-gaming.jpg

PS One
ps-one-2000-all-playstation-consoles-altar-of-gaming.jpg

PlayStation 2
playstation-2-2000-all-playstation-consoles-altar-of-gaming.jpg

PlayStation 2 Slim
playstation-2-slim-2004-all-playstation-consoles-altar-of-gaming.jpeg

PlayStation 3
playstation-3-2009-all-playstation-consoles-altar-of-gaming.jpg

PlayStation 3 Slim
playstation-3-slim-2012-all-playstation-consoles-altar-of-gaming.jpg

PlayStation 3 Super Slim
playstation-3-2012-super-slim-all-playstation-consoles-altar-of-gaming.jpg

PlayStation 4
playstation-4-2013-all-playstation-consoles-altar-of-gaming.jpg

PlayStation 4 Slim
playstation-4-slim-2016-all-playstation-consoles-altar-of-gaming.jpg

PlayStation 4 Pro
playstation-4-pro-2016-all-playstation-consoles-altar-of-gaming.jpg

PlayStation 5
playstation-5-all-playstation-console-models-generations_compressed-scaled.jpg

PlayStation 5 DE
ps5-product-thumbnail-01-en-14sep21
PS2 slim. At the time, It was pretty crazy they were able to shrink the innards of the PS2 down to that size.

coffinbirth

Playstation 2, and it's no contest.
For 15 years I had it hooked up with the horizontal stand. (not my pic)

vqyEZpkOx2x55U7ACMTSbUycNkmJtuNV8QSXvaJIa-I.jpg

And for the past 7 years it's been behind my tv, not hooked up, with the vertical stand. Every once in a while I walk by it and it catches my eye and I smile.

PS2-Fat-Console-Vert.jpg

Always wanted to get the other stand and the external HDD, just need to catch a good deal!

EB0b4JlU4AEjom9.png

Dreamcast is the best looking console of all time though.

sddefault.jpg

Crayon

Interesting. I usually would say ps2. It seems after 2 years for the shock to wear off, I might like the ps5 more.

UnNamed

Banned
PS2 Slim is the GOAT.

But my favourite is PSONE. I still have my modded SCPH1002 model PSX but I would love to buy one.

SCPH100.jpg

EDIT: and since it's not in the poll, PSP is the best of the best among handheld consoles:
1200px-Psp-1000.jpg

Last edited:

cireza

They are all ugly in this list except PSOne. PS Vita or PSP look fine as well.

Last edited:

itshutton

I actually think Sony has incredible designs throughout. All of these consoles are beautiful in their own way for their own time.

Special mention to the MGSV PS4 special edition.

Top Bottom