• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what is the secret to not getting permanently banned from NeoGAF.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Man

Why would you call your corndog fancy? That's like putting ketchup on a hot dog and calling it a 4th of July feast.
The fact that you would put ketchup on a hot dog already lets me know that you're not worth responding to. Get out a little bit more and see what kind of corndogs the world has for you to experience before asking a question like that. Have you ever even eaten a delicately breaded wiener, lathered with a light coat of mustard, with a stick placed firmly into its rear? I bet you haven't.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
It's really hard to get permed if you're not a completely crap poster. Even Otrebor Nightmarecoat kept getting second chances.

oh yea if someone makes a disparaging remark towards a generally agreed upon opinion about a certain topic.

feel free to insult them.

basically if you see like 4 posters insulting someone including the quote of the poster they're insulting.

feel free to jump on that insult bandwagon.

MIMIC

Banned
Also, how do most users know if a member has been perm'd? Do other members just ask a mod or does the perm'd member contact other members, who then spill the beans?

At another forum I post on, I recently found out that the mods keep a regularly updated list of all of banned/permanently banned members and it's viewable to all members.

Know the mods in that section of the board and more importantly view what they like and dislike. I've seen posts that'd be regular in Gaming lead to perma-bans in OT.

More importantly, try to stay away from any topics or posts that deal with something controversial. GAF has become more politically correct than ever, so be afraid when topics such as abortion, dating, racism, tipping, and old lady's getting harassed in busses.
Even if it could result in an interesting discussion, it's usually not worth it.

Final piece of advice - when in doubt, assume democrat.

People shit on feminism constantly on GAF.

That's what I thought. I got a one month ban from it. Probably because I only read the OP and posted some insult on page 6. But it was horrible being banned. Can you image 30 days without GAF? I had to go on Reddit, for heaven's sake.

Emitan

Also, how do most users know if a member has been perm'd? Do other members just ask a mod or does the perm'd member contact other members, who then spill the beans?

At another forum I post on, I recently found out that the mods keep a regularly updated list of all of banned/permanently banned members and it's viewable to all members.

If someone's permed they'll complain in the Facebook group.

M-PG71C

what if its fancy ketchup

Always rely on our master, Ronald McDonald, to provide us the world of fancy ketchup!

204672-makes_fancy_ketchup_fancy.jpg

The fact that you would put ketchup on a hot dog already lets me know that you're not worth responding to. Get out a little bit more and see what kind of corndogs the world has for you to experience before asking a question like that.

Sarcasm my fellow sir! Ketchup is for people whose culinary delites' consists of Doritos and PUB (Me on Thursdays). But for corndogs around the world, what kind of corndogs can I subsist in? The only ones I have ever had the pleasure of eating came from a flea market or a fair.

Don't go to gaming side.
I don't and I haven't been.
Otrebor has been banned n amount of times but he still gets to come back.
OT is where it's at!

For me!

always expect your fellow posters to be extremely lazy and never call them out for it.

i might get myself banned over some "reasons" but nope imma stop here.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
More recently I have been getting into a lot of arguments on GAF. Not sure what's wrong with me. I can't let some of the nonsense go though.

OK I guess I will capitalize all sentences from now on. Because all of my thoughts are so important that they require capitalization.

G-Fex the only reason I started an Internet Beef with you is because you disparaged me in a situation where I wasn't even able to post or provide a counter. That's a shitty thing to do.

EDIT: Listen, this isn't about me. I'm trying to provide a public service.

gatti-man

I try to only take stands on things im 99.9% sure about. I admit when ive been corrected and really try to keep it polite. In short im much nicer here than in real life.

OK I guess I will capitalize all sentences from now on. Because all of my thoughts are so important that they require capitalization.

G-Fex the only reason I started an Internet Beef with you is because you disparaged me in a situation where I wasn't even able to post or provide a counter. That's a shitty thing to do.

Please don't do this, blame space. I love your non-capitalization/punctuation. You're not you when you're like this

G-Fex

Oh please you're not the victim of anything. You know what you were doing, you had to go that route and well it's not my fault.

You wanted to make a enemy out of me , and now it worked.

I'm your greatest rival in everything ever Blame Space.

I am KOG, your worst nightmare!

Sounds like G-Fex is trying to make this feud funny whilst Blame is trying to act like an adult. Unless Blame is being ironic or G-Fex is being ironic. Either way message board feuds are fucking whack as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom