• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Is Your Favorite Game or Series, Currently?

So to clarify, it doesn't need to be your all time favorite but more what you're currently a fan of. Of course, it could also be all time favorite too.

It can be an old IP that you just discovered and fell in love with.

It can be a new game or series or old. If you just discovered and fell in love with K.C. Munchkin for the Magnavox Odyssey 2, it's valid.

My picks:

Bloodstained - absolutely love this series. My favorite new IP.

Mana Series - playing Trials of Mana Remake and enjoying the hells out of it. My first Mana game since Final Fantasy Adventure on Gameboy, which I also loved.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Jack Bros. Still hoping for a sequel.

Nah, I don't have a fav, but I love DOOM, SMT and Souls games.

Kuranghi

Definitely Hitman.

The Hitman series, as even after countless hours I still find new ways of doing things, and end up giggling like a loon as I invariably do something stupid.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
It's impossible to choose only one (be it game or series) and still be honest with myself...

But i'm currently having a lot of fun with GT Sport (Gran Turismo is also one of my favorite series) if that answers your question. I'm also enjoying Genshin Impact a lot currently but i don't know for how long.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

The Hitman series, as even after countless hours I still find new ways of doing things, and end up giggling like a loon as I invariably do something stupid.

I've put in 1300 hours. I 100%'d Hitman '16 in 2016 then everything 100% again in the Hitman '18 launcher and I still see new stuff from time to time.

You know in the Virus Lab in Sapienza? You can climb up some boxes to get up to the bit with the briefcase that can destroy the virus (with the USB you get from the church morgue), instead of taking the stairs.

I never saw this until last year ha.

You can also shoot faucets to activate them, which is very helpful because you never need to enter the room if you have line of sight through a window or the like.

mcjmetroid

Most recently finished the Mass effect trilogy so I'm gonna go with that for now .

Of all time though. Metroid. Nintendo's most consistent quality franchise until Other M. That's right even the pinball game was good!

Enzo88

Mainline Mario and Zelda have been at least good games for 30 plus years and their last iterations are top notch in my opinion, can`t beat that.

Last edited:

Nozz-A-La

I've put in 1300 hours. I 100%'d Hitman '16 in 2016 then everything 100% again in the Hitman '18 launcher and I still see new stuff from time to time.

You know in the Virus Lab in Sapienza? You can climb up some boxes to get up to the bit with the briefcase that can destroy the virus (with the USB you get from the church morgue), instead of taking the stairs.

I never saw this until last year ha.

You can also shoot faucets to activate them, which is very helpful because you never need to enter the room if you have line of sight through a window or the like.

Wait, what!? I didn’t know any of this. Now I’m already thinking of all the new possibilities that opens up. It had honestly never crossed my mind to shoot faucets. Such awesome games. Love them.

Last edited:
Souls by From Software is my current favorite staple of games.

It started with Demon's Souls back in 2010, and continued with Dark Souls 1, 2 and 3, Bloodborne and Sekiro. I've played and platinumed them all in order. Love them all to death and is super excited for Demon's Souls remake and Elden Ring.
I like Demon's Souls more than the others but I don't know if I can get into these types of games.

I know I cannot go a day without hearing about the Souls games or Bloodborne being mentioned in some gaming forum.

Kuranghi

Wait, what!? I didn’t know any of this. Now I’m already thinking of all the new possibilities that opens up. It had honestly never crossed my mind to shoot faucets. Such awesome games. Love them.

My best tip is just shoot EVERYTHING lol, you can activate almost any panel that you would normally have to press in person with a gunshot.

You can shoot plug sockets to "rewire" them!

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Soulsborne.

The best, most creative and fucking hard to access stories in games history.

No other game series can boast themes of entropy, loss, fatalism, cosmic horror, death and rebirth.... all wrapped up in the most challenging gameplay, and greatest risk reward mechanic there is.

People cite Souls games as the thing that lifted them out of mental illness.

Obtuse, frustrating, addictive, soaring works of fucking genius.

Nozz-A-La

My best tip is just shoot EVERYTHING lol, you can activate almost any panel that you would normally have to press in person with a gunshot.

You can shoot plug sockets to "rewire" them!

I have often thought I don’t shoot enough in those games and now I have excuse to go gun crazy. Thanks for all the tips, I really appreciate them. it’s midnight here and now I want to replay hitman 1 and 2.

So ridiculously hyped for Hitman 3!

Soodanim

Gold Member
Resident Evil

Catching up on the games I didn’t play over the past few years, and I’ll be ready for 8.

The series definitely fell off around 6 and had the recent stumble with REmake 3, but all in all there’s more good than bad and I’ve been playing these for over 20 years. There aren’t many I can say that about other than Mario and Sonic, and they barely count.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Favorite Series...that would have to be Splinter Cell or Souls. Its impossible to choose. Doing so would rip the fabric of space and time. Oooo maybe they should make "Splinter Souls"..."Dark Splinter"...

Favorite Game: Phantom Dust

BlackTron

Mario. I started gaming with Mario Bros. 1, I remember coming home from school and playing SMB3 with my mom, then Mario RPG was my first RPG and that game changed my perception of gaming entirely, I'll never have that feeling of adventure again. As if that wasn't megaton enough, shortly after that Mario 64 ushered in 3D with the most megaton game of ALL TIME. Today, I play Mario Bros. U multiplayer with my 7 year old niece all the time, and not even because I ask her to, but because she wants to and has Super Mario pajamas and about a dozen plushies of characters and power-ups.

The answer HAS TO be Mario.

I also love Zelda but don't find myself playing it that much, the best Zelda game to me since Ocarina of Time is the Link's Awakening remake. I'm still waiting for a new one that doesn't drop the ball in some critical area. The series has done well enough to stay in my good graces but it hasn't wowed me since 1998. The fact that I'm still hoping, waiting, and pouring over everything Zelda is a testament to the strength of the series.

My most played game this gen is Overwatch, and the hours are still racking up. I'll also never stop coming back to Starcraft.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Yakuza... I mean come on people you literally have a new entry launching in 2 weeks, and its a JRPG to boot. Once I realised that the series was bassiacly a more violent Shenmu it just made so much sense, The wholesome family friendly card game from Kiwami cracks me up every time.

John Day

A tie between Zelda and Final Fantasy. I will give any game in this series a chance, as shit as it may look firsthand, on pedigree alone.

I mean, I grew up with them, so...

Mario too, but i’ve skippedsome tiles before so it doesn’t count.

Hard to pick

For racing franchises it's easily the Forza Horizon games.

Monolith Soft's games have always captured me entirely. They all connect if you dig deep enough, going al the way to Baiten Kaitos.

But I think the Fallout franchise is where I've spent more time than any other. Take the 1950's vision of the future, then blow it up and set the whole works after that. Killer robots, plasma rifles, rocket powered sledgehammers and power armor. Everything is always so much fun.

Last edited:

Esca

All time fav game is final fantasy 6. Favorite series is metroid.

Currently though fav game is persona 5 royal and franchise I'm not really sure tbh

Top Bottom