• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your profession?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it has been discussed before (probably), but I'm still curious to know what are some people here are doing in real life.

I'm still a student myself, with a small part-time job in a Wal Mart.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I'm a Comp Sci student, currently, though that's really part time. No career yet, but I might have one in the insurance industry if I keep up. My full time day job? I help support a team of 10 of Aon FSG's finest brokers!

Lemurnator said:
I'm a professional model.

(seriously)

For pampers? I kid, I keeeed! No pun intended. Oops.

Boogie

History student:

resizedsign.jpg

I'm a graduate student training to become a school psychologist. For those of you who don't what that is (which is about 95% of the population), I'm not a school counselor. I assess children who are refferred by their teachers for possible learning disabilities. I administer intellectual, acheievement and personality tests, I interview and observe students and parents, teachers, etc. In the school system, I'm pretty much the gate-keeper to special education services.

edit: I'm currently doing my practicum in a local school, so I'm actually out in the field working along with sitting in class. I'll be doing my internship for a school district next year, then after that I'll be certified by Washington state.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
I'm a video game journalist (turns up nose)

Actually I freelance-write about games and also do freelance Japanese/English translation for all sorts of companies.

xsarien

daedsiluap
I'm an underpaid web producer who usually gets roped into front-end design as well. What does this mean? I make the website approachable, nigh usable, and then dump a bunch of Photoshop and HTML files onto some poor, unwitting programmer who has to make it all work.

And when I'm not doing that I'm, well, responsible for making sure the content generation doesn't get all wanged up.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
A university student majoring in business. Do part-time office assistance for a professor in the local business school.

Crow357

Helpdesk support (only job I could find).

Was a Network Administrator, but was let go after I orchestrated the successful consolidation of the corporate network.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Crow357 said:
Helpdesk support (only job I could find).

Was a Network Administrator, but was let go after I orchestrated the successful consolidation of the corporate network.

Yeah, gotta be careful of doing your job so well that you kind of inadvertently write yourself out completely. My approach, in the case of, say, dealing with a lot of images that need to go up on the web, is to make a macro, but not tell anyone about it. ;) That and artifically inflate my estimates of how long it'll take stuff to get done.

(I'm also allowed to yell at the San Francisco staff, but I don't - because I'm nice.)

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
3rd year Environmental biology/politics university student.

I also have a few cash jobs, to pay for gaming, clothing, booze and kebabs.

B'z-chan

Banned
Professional Fat Ass with a full time job in edjumacation as a student at college.

I'm debating what degree i'm gonna go for. Biology or Enginering we'll just see how i do in math and i'll come back to update you guys.

This is the Professional Fat Ass, Over and OUT

EDIT: hey fart you think you could hook me up with a job? I dont mind wearing small shirts.

fart

Savant
i'm a fat man who gets paid to wear tiny shirts

b'z: nah man, there's only room for one tiny shirted fat man in this town. and that tiny shirted fat man is me, in case you were wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom