• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your profession?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cimarron

"Anti-Piracy Investigator for the video game industry. Oh, and part-time alcoholic."

Get me some rope boys.... /redneck

Medical Laboratory Technician/Biochemistry student

Boogie said:
History student:

resizedsign.jpg

:lol That's a hilarious pic, dude. just perfectly expression you got for the sign.

goodcow

12-15 credit per semester Film major at Hunter College (CUNY), minor history (GPA: 3.925)

20 hour a week city employee doing video editing/dvd authoring (CUNY)

Gorey

Operations Manager for this place(marketplace in a refurbished turn of the century department store, five floors, etc etc). I love my job, although being on call rather sucks. I have some kind of electronic leash on everywhere I go..pager, phone, or similar. Best part is being able to provide decent jobs for 20-somethings that I couldn't find when I was that age.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Any salary is ridiculously high for goofing off.

[edit] Damn you, Wellington.

Well, I don't goof off all the time. Sometimes I take three hour lunches and two hour naps. It's what happens when I complete my goal about a month early. Unfortunately they're syphoning all of the sucky people off the job so i will have to actually do stuff mid January... my work ethic is atrocious at the moment.

*Continues browsing GAF*

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Front of House Sound Engineer & Professional procrastinator.

My alcoholism is purely amateur.

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
4th yr Civil Engineering student. Currently interning for the city I live in.

Fifty

Radio Free Roscoe (Teen show on "The N" not cool, I know. Make jokes all you want)

I've helped on some Degrassi scripts. :( Toronto isn't exciting.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Associate IT Architect

Essentially I architect/develop Java design solutions for whoever my company sends me to. I'm kinda getting tired of it as all business apps now look the same and being tossed around like a piece of meat is no longer fun, but the money is too good :/ - therefore my motivation is low and I surf this place more than I should.

Meh, I still get my work done so...although, I've been approached by a representative of the "Life Sciences" division (I'm assuming because of my background), so that could put some new life in this career (I've been at the same company for 6 years now, and I'm kinda getting the itch for a change).

I'm looking to start my own business soon and I'm currently working on a business plan, so if all goes well, my title will either change to Self-Employed Bum or Rich Entrepreneur.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
IT Technician guy working on his Applied Science Bachelors.

goodcow

Fifty said:
Radio Free Roscoe (Teen show on "The N" not cool, I know. Make jokes all you want)

And this pays the bills quite well?

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Bravoexo said:
PeopleSoft Consultant / Analyst
Arggg... unfortunate for you, I am not very fond of PeopleSoft program ! Had to learn that program last year, and I almost went bald because of that.

Iceman

Grad Student (dissertator), Pathology, UW Madison.

I'm am starting to lay the groundwork for a future career in writing. I'm submitting for a short story contest locally. It'll be the best entry by far so if I don't win it'll clearly be a conspiracy.

tedtropy

NetMapel said:
Arggg... unfortunate for you, I am not very fond of PeopleSoft program ! Had to learn that program last year, and I almost went bald because of that.

SAP or PeopleSoft, I wonder which is the lesser evil...

Fifty

goodcow said:
And this pays the bills quite well?

Well enough. Not fantastic, but it's fun work...especially the punch up sessions where you just spruce a script up with jokes. You're getting paid to goof off basically.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
tedtropy said:
SAP or PeopleSoft, I wonder which is the lesser evil...

Clue: SAP & "Lesser Evil" don't belong in the same sentence, ever. :p

tedtropy

Vennt said:
Clue: SAP & "Lesser Evil" don't belong in the same sentence, ever. :p

Hah. That's probably true, still, it seems a far better HR software than the patched-together multi-million dollar blunder know as SCT Banner that the junior college I used to work for ran.

retardboy

3pheMeraLmiX said:
I heard on NPR that they were being taken over by Oracle, or at least that PeopleSoft was fighting a buyout from Oracle. How's that affecting your situation?

Article Link

Peoplesoft ain't fighting anymore. They gave in awhile ago for some more moooonay.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
GA Admin.

In my spare time I'm also a Software Engineer (that's like a real engineer, but without the engineering and on double the salary...)

Memles

Fifty said:

Burn in hell. Now. Yeah, I mean it. That show...just ugh.

Full-time English major. Oh yeah. I also wrote a play, entitled "Damn You, Dr. Phil!" for a student theatre festival at my university. Good times.

Degrassi...you shouldn't mention that in public, dude. Radio Free Roscoe's all fine and good...but just NO.

Memles

Eminem said:
Degrassi has some hot chicks though.

...it does? And even if I did consider them hot, which I won't contest since me watching the show is usually more or less consisting of laughing hysterically at moments I shouldn't be laughing at, it's the storylines that boggle my mind. It is likely a realistic portrayal of that age group, so maybe it's my disgust with youth in general (Speaking at the age of 18) combining with the hilarious nature of the program in terms of drama and acting.

Fifty, would you happen to know why the N got rid of Pete and Pete? That used to be an event for me! An event! People would gather! People!

(and second in importance)
I am a student, a junior in high school. I also do music but am yet to make any money from it so it's not officially a profession. I also mow a lawn from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom