• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your profession?

Status
Not open for further replies.
if it's not already clear enough, I'm in marketing. Focus on everything, from print, to online, and research. Working on adding ad traffic manager to my list of skills once I get it active around here. :D

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Student till May 2006
Research Lab Proctor Spring 2005
Microsoft Intern Summer 2005
National Instruments Co-op Fall 2005

Graphic designer and product quality control for a large real estate magazine/website. We make the finest bird cage liner anywhere.

www.harmonhomes.com or www.adnet4u.com.

Also handle tech support, server maintenace, computer repair/upgrade, part time bouncer/body guard for fellow employees. We work in a downtown w/ lots of weirdos and the women want protection.

Basicaly I'm a jack of all trades type of guy, know all the design programs (photoshop, quark, illustrator, yadda yadda yadda), handle tech support questions, maintain the servers. The majority of the work is ensuring PDF files of our magazines are sent off to press on time, correctly, look good and be available when a problem occurs. Damned cell phone/ electronic leash. Ever been called during sex? Well I have, it SUCKS. Drop everything and go into the office, no matter what time of the day it is.

I get paid pretty well for what little I do, but for the skills I have I should make more. Make sense?

>>>Damned cell phone/ electronic leash

I agree, I have a blackberry. Clients call/e-mail with the stupidest crap and expect immediate replies. My firm has kind of a semi-strict policy on not requiring people to work on weekends. Unfortunately, our clients don't seem to understand this and will ask for our advice even on weekends.

Oh well... 1.5 more years of this crap and I'll be free to persue a cushy powerpoint job... Woohoo!

Syckx

Full-time (15-16 units) student -- Liberal Studies

And I work full-time (35-40 hrs) as an assistant manager at Gamestop

I now play videogames vicariously through internet postings and strategy guides.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I am an Account Executive for a residential lender.

If there are any Brokers shoot me a pm.

sirris

Graphic Artist and Production Manager for sign company. Do work for companies like Exxon, Mobil, Cablevision and Britney Spears. Have 3 underlings under my command.

Obey the fist!

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Customer Service/Unofficial Geek Squad - Best Buy

Full-time student half the time (i.e. when I'm not taking a semester off... like this fall... o_O)

Edit: Comp Sci

Cubsfan23

Banned
Mejilan said:
I'm a Comp Sci student, currently, though that's really part time. No career yet, but I might have one in the insurance industry if I keep up. My full time day job? I help support a team of 10 of Aon FSG's finest brokers!

For pampers? I kid, I keeeed! No pun intended. Oops.

:lol

DJPS2

Banned
I'm a karaoke jockey (KJ for short)... and was formerly a disc jockey for a local theme restaurant before they got shut down for not paying their rent for God knows how long.

Needless to say, I have a lot of time on my hands right now.

tehrik-e-insaaf said:
finished business school in may

currently management consultant

I'm jealous. Management consultants can make some serious dough. One of my friends is in management consulting with Mercer Oliver Wyman and he easily clears $200k a year.

Bravoexo

retardboy said:
Peoplesoft ain't fighting anymore. They gave in awhile ago for some more moooonay.

Yeah, heard that. Well, I'm not worried...yet. I'm so into DB2, it kinda feels second nature now to me. PeopleSoft is indeed looks and daunting to learn... but good thing I've been at learning from it these past 6 years now. But nowadays, I hardly touch code anymore, being the test manager for my current project... he he he. Next year, I think I can chose the project I want to get into... all conversion projects though... hmm...

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
onion_pixy said:
WOOOO! you're a brave soul, I like being in the safety of a studio. Recording engineer :D

Wheee! cool :)

Sometimes I wish I had the luxury of a rewind button, thats for sure ;)

AirBrian

Agent Icebeezy said:
I work for Ford Motor Company
What do you do there?

BTW, Ford did a fantastic job with the sexy beast that is the 2005 Mustang GT. :D

And here's an Oracle/PeopleSoft update:
Oracle Gains Control of PeopleSoft

Wed Dec 29, 6:52 AM ET

REDWOOD SHORES, Calif. - Software giant Oracle Corp. said Wednesday that stockholders of rival PeopleSoft Inc. have tendered about 75 percent of the company's outstanding shares, granting Oracle control of the company.

In addition, Oracle has designated four representatives to serve on PeopleSoft's board, replacing PeopleSoft board members who have resigned and giving Oracle majority board representation. Two of the previous PeopleSoft board members will remain on PeopleSoft's board until the merger between the companies is completed.

The initial offering period of Oracle's tender offer to purchase all of PeopleSoft's outstanding common shares expired at midnight, with about 298.8 million shares tendered. Oracle also has a subsequent offering that expires on Jan. 4, which allows all stockholders who did not tender shares in the initial offering period to obtain the $26.50 per share offer price for their stock prior to completion of the second-step merger.

The companies' merger, which will create the world's second-largest business applications software maker, is expected to close in early January. Earlier this month, PeopleSoft agreed to a $10.3 billion buyout by Oracle, following an 18-month hostile takeover battle.

As reported late Tuesday, PeopleSoft founder Dave Duffield, who returned as CEO during the company's fight to prevent Oracle's bid, resigned as chairman, CEO and director on Dec. 21.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=&e=17&u=/ap/20041229/ap_on_bi_ge/oracle_peoplesoft

Gorey

Outcast2004 said:
Damned cell phone/ electronic leash. Ever been called during sex? Well I have, it SUCKS. Drop everything and go into the office, no matter what time of the day it is.
No joke there. Gotcha beat, though. Try having your phone and both pagers go off during sex, because your building is on fire and the owner, your staff, and the cops are all calling you at once. Fun!

AssMan

Banned
So many members on this board that deal with computers. Seems like I'm the only person on this board that wants to get into the U.S. Marshalls. =\

yoshifumi

Banned
student
majoring in psychology and molecular/cell biology
maybe minoring in chemistry

hopefully going to med school in a few years

Chony

AssMan said:
So many members on this board that deal with computers. Seems like I'm the only person on this board that wants to get into the U.S. Marshalls. =\

What I want out of each and everyone of you is a hard target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
<---- Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions at a University... and I love it... Pay is Great and my office is on campus with great people and I travel alot and meet tons of people from different universities at fairs, all our usually hot girls because universities want to attract students.... Its alot of fun... A job i can do for ever...

also starting Grad school in the summer...

I've recently been hired on as a full-time union organizer at a local in Ohio. I spend 10-12 twelve hours a day helping underpaid, oppressed workers fuck with corporations and their bosses. I love my job.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Malleymal said:
<---- Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions at a University... and I love it... Pay is Great and my office is on campus with great people and I travel alot and meet tons of people from different universities at fairs, all our usually hot girls because universities want to attract students.... Its alot of fun... A job i can do for ever...

also starting Grad school in the summer...

So no more trucking stuff, eh?

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Eminem said:
So no more trucking stuff, eh?

Yea I do that still it was actually tour buses, but its a job that doesnt require 40 hours a week, and since I wanted to get my masters, I asked for more time to focus on that and get free education... I still do it though... Actually i just landed the Lingerie Bowl... you might like to goto that.... :)

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Malleymal said:
Yea I do that still it was actually tour buses, but its a job that doesnt require 40 hours a week, and since I wanted to get my masters, I asked for more time to focus on that and get free education... I still do it though... Actually i just landed the Lingerie Bowl... you might like to goto that.... :)

:lol :lol cool. good luck on your masters =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom