• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What low profile game are you super excited for?

BiggNife

Probably puyo puyo Tetris

I was thinking of importing the PS4 version but ultimately decided against it, and now I'm super glad I did because the Switch is the perfect place for it.

SOME-MIST

The coral cave
https://youtu.be/qWsm-275WBY

07_harbour.jpg

The council of the crows (ithaka of the clouds by Jonas kyratzes)

A full release of spyparty.

Been waiting on all those for a lonnnng time

SamNW

To name a few:

Gorogoa
Kentucky Route Zero Act V
Long Gone Days
Memories of a Broken Dimension
Ooblets
Riot: Civil Unrest
The Collage Atlas
The Last Night
Tokyo 42
Vane
What Remains of Edith Finch
Where the Water Tastes Like Wine
Winter

Hollow Knight

o6GP6Iy.gif

AriEX2 who's on GAF is an animator/artist on this game.
Talking about devs on GAF, can't forget about Ghost Song

meEmr16.gif

===

Some other under-the-radar games I've been following for a while are:

Myriad - A frenetic kaleidoscopic shmup where you shape the arena during battle
22jHZWj.gif

Nantucket - Sailing/whaling strategy game
G7Dv82vl.jpg

Objects In Space - Hard sci-fi space sim, with long-range submarine-esque combat and lots of interactive screens
2CxCiXyl.jpg

SamNW

Does Nex Machina count? I will play the crap out of it.
I too was torn about putting this on my list. Didn't seem quite unknown enough, but what they've shown looks incredible. I'm so excited for both Nex Machina and Matterfall.

NAPK1NS

Visage, first person horror game. Fresh off Kickstarter, should hit sometime in Q2. Looks like a mix between P.T. and The Void on PC. The 15 minute walkthrough they showed was extremely scary looking. Love haunted house games.

Is At the Gates actually coming out? I've been under the impression it isn't doing well. (The last KS update appears to be Aug 2016 which is... kinda a while ago.)

That's a good question, actually, and I should have looked into it further before posting about the game, as I knew Shafer experienced major personal delays but thought he was still on track for Q1 2017 last time I checked.

His last communications date to October, in both the Kickstarter comments and his Twitter feed. On Kickstarter, he posted on 27 October saying that he's still working on it, but is seeking outside investment for additional staff (i.e. out of money) and offering KS refunds for anyone who asks, so it looks like it's an indefinite delay for now. The alpha is allegedly playable, at least.

pislit

Sudden Strike 4. I am excited though Im pretty sure it will disappoint me but nonetheless I'll take it. lol

duckroll

Bought this ages ago on Steam and still haven't played it because I'm waiting for it to be finished. ._.

It's really really good. True art just... takes... time I guess. Lol. Definitely feels more like an experimental art installation rather than a videogame product.

SamNW

I thought about buying this on steam but I think I'll wait til it's finished.
Hey, I have no idea what your financial situation is like, but the developers are currently selling KRZ for 50% off and donating all proceeds to the ACLU, so now is a great time to buy!

dreamfall

It's not low profile or anything, but I'm just eagerly waiting for a Western release date on anything, Vita or PS4, of Ys VIII !

Hey, I have no idea what your financial situation is like, but the developers are currently selling KRZ for 50% off and donating all proceeds to the ACLU, so now is a great time to buy!

Whoa. Link?

For me it was worth it to pay for this years ago just to support their vision. But yeah if you want a complete story... they are slooow.

Yeah. Been following it since Ryan mentioned it on the Bombcast way back in 2013. Wanted to bite then. It's always been kind of on my backburner.

Harlequin

Some of these I'm more very interested in than super excited for but:

Ben and Ed - Blood Party
sWE6pfC.png

Vampyr
BPG0sVj.jpg

Hellblade
pYlStWm.jpg

Eldet
ESV30oW.jpg

Kingdom Come: Deliverance
uVeFUt7.png

Little Nightmares
e2pjzEF.jpg

Mr. F

Banned
Obscure description alert - Anyone know the name of the game that was kind of isometric and tilt-shift looking? It was super stylized and took place in city blocks that looked suspended in the sky. Kind of cyber-punk/future ish and really bright, I think it was called Tokyo something? Kind of GTA like.

...anyway yeah, that one.

SamNW

Obscure description alert - Anyone know the name of the game that was kind of isometric and tilt-shift looking? It was super stylized and took place in city blocks that looked suspended in the sky. Kind of cyber-punk/future ish and really bright, I think it was called Tokyo something? Kind of GTA like.

...anyway yeah, that one.
You're thinking of Tokyo 42! it looks excellent and I really hope it comes out this year.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Ruiner!

Dystopian cyberpunk, lots of Gibson/GITS influences, top-down, interesting people behind it, 80s anime aesthetics and goddamn Susumu Hirasawa for the music! What is not to like.

Thread here.

Sajko

Below
Hollow Knight
Little Nightmares
Prey for the Gods
Rising Storm 2
Sega 2017 PC port

Kentucky Route Zero (Act V) - So i can start the damn thing. Heard great things about it.

Anticol

Banned
I love threads like this one, a ton of great promising indie games but it is so hard to keep track of them and usually miss them when they finally come out.

Top Bottom