• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Summer TV shows will you be watching? ~ 2013 Edition ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
breaking-bad-season-5-poster-1.jpg

billvb.jpg

ad-banner.jpg

futurama_finale_2.jpg

true_blood_season_6_by_bebop82-d5dld62.jpg

Burn-Notice-Season-7-Renewal.jpg

b8cb8577b9fde16c9257cae865bcf7ab.jpg

Breaking Bad is going to be legendary.

I'm watching Burn Notice just to sit at a sort of terminally ill acquaintance's bedside.
I'm watching True Blood because it has turned into the biggest what-the-fuck-am-I-watching show of the Summer.
Venture Bros. and Futurama need no introductions.
Arrested Development should be very interesting.
Oh and, I'm so excited about the final season of Dexter that I forgot to add it.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Arrested Development
Behind the Candelabra (movie)
Breaking Bad
The Bridge
Dexter
Family Tree (maybe... I like the talent but the premise bores me to tears)
Futurama
The Killing (I'll give it a shot)
Low Winter Sun
The Newsroom (because I hate myself, but will find some fun hating this)
Ray Donovan (I'll give it a shot)
True Blood
Under the Dome
The Venture Bros

Solo

With the marvels of modern technology, those things no longer have to be mutually exclusive!

This is true. I generally like the break though. Despite watching lots of stuff on HBO/FX/AMC, I tend to like to watch my TV on a September-May network TV timeframe. No TV June-August.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
This is true. I generally like the break though. Despite watching lots of stuff on HBO/FX/AMC, I tend to like to watch my TV on a September-May network TV timeframe. No TV June-August.

Solo's Declaration of the Separation of Television and Summer.

The separation of television and summer is the distance in the relationship between televised programs and the national season of summer.

Although the concept of separation has been adopted by a number of posters, there are varying degrees of separation depending on the prevalent views toward the proper role of television in summer.

Ceebs

Can't wait to see what sort of batshit crazy nonsense they put on screen during True Blood this year. Best guilty pleasure on television.

and Arrested Development of course.

All the new stuff looks pretty dreadful.

TripOpt55

I definitely look forward to having less to watch in the summer. It's honestly gotten to be a hassle to try and keep up with everything now. I will be watching:

Breaking Bad
The Killing
Arrested Development

Will see what is good of the new stuff as well. I kind of like to dig into some old shows I missed via Netflix each summer without all the network stuff I watch in the way. I'm going to give these a try I think:

Alias
Mad Men
Sherlock

anaron

Arrested Development
Under the Dome
Save Me
The Goodwin Games
Breaking Bad
The Newsroom (lol)
Dexter
Switched at Birth
Teen Wolf (lol)
Venture Bros
Strike Back

bjaelke

There's going to be new "episodes" of Wliia? I thought they dropped it altogether after the Green Screen Show and Improv-a-ganza. Any words on the cast?

Arrested Development definitely.

Returning
Teen Wolf
Pretty Little Liars
True Blood

New
Under the Dome

Maybe

Graceland
Sinbad
Twisted
Whodunnit?

Summer TV is so campy. I love it.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
There's going to be new "episodes" of Wliia? I thought they dropped it altogether after the Green Screen Show and Improv-a-ganza. Any words on the cast?

‘Whose Line Is It Anyway?’ Premieres in July; Aisha Tyler to Host

The CW announced that the new iteration of the show with host Aisha Tyler stepping in for Drew Carey will premiere on Tuesday, July 16th with two brand new half-hour episodes, featuring the return of original cast members Ryan Stiles, Colin Mochrie and Wayne Brady.

Graceland pilot is apparently up in case anyone wants to check it out:
USA said:
GRACELAND – SNEAK PEEK OF THE PILOT EXCLUSIVELY VIA VIDEO-ON-DEMAND

USA is offering sneak preview of GRACELAND, the network’s provocative new original series, available now through May 12 via video-on-demand. The pilot will be available on most carriers, including, Comcast Xfinity TV, Time Warner Cable, Charter Communications, Cox Communications, Cablevision, DirecTV, Dish, and Verizon FiOS. GRACELAND, based on true events, premieres on Thursday, June 6 at 10/9c and focuses on the lives of undercover agents from the FBI, DEA and US Customs who reside and operate under one roof.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If it did, they'd have to start filming pretty damn quickly to get it out this summer!

Although, I assume that Amy Sherman Palladino is some kind of super-genius who literally thinks the way her characters talk, all of the time, so maybe they can just record her talking to herself and then have the actors repeat it on camera.

(This method would still produce better dialogue and character writing than most of anything on television, b-t-dubs.)

Maybe it'll be a late summer/fall show!

(Probably not :()

netguy503

I don't see episodes listed and that's usually a showtime summer series. Also doesn't Homeland begin on Showtime in August? I don't know if this is a complete list for the summer.

Bladenic

Family Tree

Moone Boy

Save Me

Orange is the New Black - I didn't know this was dated, excited.

The Newsroom

Graceland

Also interested in Ray Donovan, The Bridge, and Low Winter Sun.

orion434

Really looking forward to Falling Skies, the season two finale left me wondering what they can do with the series. Can't wait!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Returning/premiering today:

Merlin on Syfy at 10/9c

Maron on IFC at 10/9c

Reviews:

Sepinwall - Marc Maron heads to IFC with 'Maron'

The three episodes I've seen function as shaggy dog stories: not wildly funny, nor as dark and emotional as "Louie" so often gets, but amusing in spots and with a very clear voice. Can it become more than that? In comparison, the first three "Louie"s for the most part don't represent the heights that show later climbed, but they did feature the amazing, unexpected poker scene about the origins of a ubiquitous gay slur. Marc Maron may not be interested in doing something like that, but the similarities to his new show and his friend's old show (even if "Louie" is on hiatus until 2014) are unavoidable.

Poniewozik - TV Tonight: Maron

Part traditional sitcom, part self-psychoanalysis, Maron still needs to show if it can sustain itself over a season or seasons (the third episode opens with essentially the same confessional gag that opens the pilot). But it offers enough so far to make me want to watch its protagonist keep trying to clean house. Inside and out.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Here's a trailer for the new BBC Two drama series starring Gillian Anderson, premiering May 13 - Link

Netflix gets all 5 episodes in the US on May 28.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'll try The Fall because of Gillian Anderson, though it sounds like something we've had a whole lot of in recent years (detective gets in the mind of a killer). Of course when it comes out I'll still be busy rewatching the hell out of Arrested Development.

Oh, and I gotta take this opportunity to catch up with S4 of The Good Wife and the first season of Nashville.

I really want to dig Nashville because Connie Britton, but getting through the pilot alone was brutal since I hate modern country music with a burning, fiery passion that nearly exceeds my white hot love for Connie Britton.

I like folk but dislike most country, and still feel the show has been great through the first six episodes. I have a bunch of catching up to do as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom