• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Summer TV shows will you be watching? - 2016 Edition -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wayward Pines! Second half of the season wasn't as good, but still very entertaining. I'm stoked for it to come back on. I was surprised it got renewed considering the first season was sitting on the shelf for about two years.

That totally turned me off. It's all gonna be about execution for this, because I'm not seeing anything new or compelling. Might just wait for some reviews to trickle in before I commit myself.

Nothing new or compelling? Sounds like an AMC show not from Weiner or Gilligan to me.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The Last Panthers has been pretty good thus far, but episode 5 really impressed me. It was great. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how the series ends next week. Is anyone else watching?

Nothing new or compelling? Sounds like an AMC show not from Weiner or Gilligan to me.

I thought you liked both Hell on Wheels and Halt & Catch Fire?

berzeli

Banned
Cleverman trailer.
Well this looks bonkers.

The Last Panthers has been pretty good thus far, but episode 5 really impressed me. It was great. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how the series ends next week. Is anyone else watching?

I know it's cheating since I've seen the entire thing. But there was a reason for why I put the show on my top ten for last year, and as I said in that thread the show really grows from it's starting point.

Small bit of trivia, in the opening of episode 3 the song playing in the background of the garage is from the director back when he was doing music under the moniker of Stakka Bo.

I have it on the DVR. I was going to start watching this week, but a friend of mine wanted to watch with me, so I'm holding off a bit longer.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Amazing multi-part OP :D
And damn, plenty of things to watch!

Looking forward to Unreal, that first season was excellent. Also to The Fosters S4, even if the second half of S3 was quite disappointing overall.

as of now only things i see on the list:

Bloodline, Orange is the new Black, and bachelorette ( what my wife and I will watch)

looks pretty lack luster summer for tv...but thats ok, dont watch too much during the summer anyways

can catch up on my queue

Quake1028

5/5
Marseille - Netflix

5/22
Preacher - AMC - 10/9c

5/23
The Price is Right - CBS - 8/7c

6/11
The American West - AMC - 10/9c

6/22
Any Given Wednesday with Bill Simmons - HBO - 10/9c

7/22
Degrassi: Next Class - Netflix

8/9
Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Los Angeles Rams - HBO - 10/9c

KonradLaw

Pretty interested in Shooter. Very fun novel series and I liked the movie with Marky Mark. Plus The Way of the Gun has shown Phillippe has surprisingly strong action chops.

chadskin

Awesome thread, thanks. Lots to look forward to.

So far, these are the new ones I want to check out:
  • Stranger Things
  • Marcella
  • Feed the Beast
  • Dead of Summer
  • Shooter
As for returning shows:
  • Halt and Catch Fire S03
  • You're The Worst S03
  • Wayward Pines S02

berzeli

Banned
I will do an OT for BrainDead unless it sucks or I forget.
Might do Roots since it simulcasts over here.
And I'm way too tempted to make OTs for all those white people mystery shows with puns in the titles. Dearly Depotted speaks to me on a spiritual level.

Trailers for new USA shows Falling Water and Shooter

Falling Water certainly looks weird as hell.

Falling water looks like a bad rip off of Inception, emphasis on bad.
Shooter looks dumb. Could be fun, but dumb.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
And I'm way too tempted to make OTs for all those white people mystery shows with puns in the titles. Dearly Depotted speaks to me on a spiritual level.

Did you read the description of Murder She Baked: A Deadly Recipe? That one gave me life.

Trojan X

Banned
tumblr_inline_o0dpuqoXqu1s37tau_500.jpg

legendsoftomorrowbanner-180835-180919.jpg

Madness... So many great shows finishing next week or the week after. Shows like The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Gotham, my TV schedule is going to become barren again. It use to be so much fuller than this, with shows such as Evil Dead, Daredevil and others, but since all those shows are current in hiatus until fall, my current weekly TV schedule is the following:

• Monday - Nothing
  • Tuesday - Gotham, WWE RAW, Supergirl (Supergirl is finished until next season)
  • Wednesday - The Flash
  • Thursday - WWE NXT, Arrow
  • Friday - Legends of Tomorrow, WWE Smackdown
  • Saturday - Jojo's Bizarre Adventures
  • Sunday - Nothing

What is your current weekly TV schedule like? It would be great to see what everyone else is watching as there might be a good show that I should get into. Is Agents of Shield worth it as I couldn't get into the first few episodes?

Let this be the My Current Weekly TV Schedule thread.

maxcriden

Sunday: nada
Monday: JTV (done), POI
Tuesday: iZombie (done), Containment, Flash, AoS (done), POI
Wednesday: The Middle (done), Nashville
Thursday: Blacklist
Friday: nada

Saving till seasons are complete: TVD/TO

Starfield

Monday: Fear the Walking Dead (TWD main series too but it's not airing until October)
Tueaday: Nothing
Wednesday: Nothing
Thursday: Supernatural
Friday: The 100

Nothing until next season for the Arrowverse. Luckily Far Harbor just came out and No Man's Sky comes out next month.

The Arrowverse is the last bit of TV that I actually watch beyond rewatching Star Trek.

ZeroX03

Banned
Catch up on Better Call Saul and Fargo. I have not seen either second season.

Might start a new show. Jane or Gotham.

zeemumu

Once Upon a Time is done for the season so I'm staying on GoT and Steven Universe, picking up Penny Dreadful and possibly a few CW shows again (resume S1 Flash, resume S3 Arrow, possibly resume S1 The 100)

Oh and JoJo Part 4

Drayco21

Probably nothing until Flash, Legends and Supergirl come back, except whenever I happen to catch Seinfeld reruns.

What is your current weekly TV schedule like? It would be great to see what everyone else is watching as there might be a good show that I should get into. Is Agents of Shield worth it as I couldn't get into the first few episodes?

It starts getting interesting late into season 1, then throws all that potential away before the season finale, then fails to ever get worthwhile after that, and the only reason it isn't the worst cape show on TV right now is because Gotham still exists.

My current is:

Monday: Gotham
Tues: Flash/Shield
Wed: Arrow
Thurs: Legends/ 100
Fri: none
SAT: none
Sun: FTWD, GoT

About to be barren now for sure. I may pick up Preacher if it is good, maybe rematch BSG or something...

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Monday - Fear the walking dead (from Sunday)
Tuesday - nothing
Wednesday - nothing
Thursday - nothing
Friday - the 100 (from Thursday)
Saturday - nothing
Sunday - Game of Thrones

There are only a few shows that I bother watching while they are ongoing. I generally prefer to catch up when a season is done. I'm currently plowing through banshee most nights. I should catch up to see the finale live.

IvanJ

Banned
- Fear the Walking Dead
- Penny Dreadful
- Silicon Valley
- The Americans
- Orphan Black
of the weekly scripted shows

Also John Oliver, Bill Maher and Vice for current events/news

Also binging The Moaning of Life with Karl Pilkington currently.

There is always something to watch for a couple of hours every evening.

For summer it will be PLL and Scream. Does anyone know when Teen Wolf comes back? I'm guessing with Dylan O'Briens injury on the Maze Runner film, things will have to be shuffled a bit.

I'll be watching JoJo as well.

Anth0ny

great I can finally catch up on all this shit

I have no idea how some of you are able to keep up with all of these shows. I'm only caught up on Dragon Ball Super and Game of Thrones. don't have time for anything else.

Merged you into the Summer TV thread since that's pretty much exactly what it's for. Talk about what you're planning to watch and peruse the extensive Summer TV listings that Ratsky put together in the OP and subsequent posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom