• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What the heck is with posters that post creepy AF images?

Ban Puncher

HTGW9hF.gif

rrs

Whoever the fuck posted that close enough to looking realistic iron lancing gif in that one thread can get spooked to heck

Katori

Occasionally I can get creeped out by stuff on the Internet, but that post OP mentions wasn't creepy. It's just a guy in a mask.

Most "creepy" pictures/GIFs fall into either guy in mask, Photoshop, or CGI territory, which means they're completely not scary to me. But a few in this thread have definitely rustled my jimmies.

Bakercat

When I was a kid I made up a magical repellent that I would spray onto myself to protect me from scary monsters when I showered at night. Probably because of the commercial from Grudge. The logic was if make belief things can creep me out, I can make a ridiculous make belief item to protect me and then realize how ridiculous the fear was in the first place.

Lol, my fiancé and I were babysitting her neighbor's 3 year old once and he had a bottle of water that he believed would keep the monsters away. We watched frozen with the child and the one scene where the monster is chasing the main characters scared him and we had to hold him and spray the bottle at the tv when the monster was on, (I was sacred to death I would short their tv with water lol). Later before his bedtime we had to walk around the house and spray where the child thought there would be monsters or he wouldn't go to sleep. Good times lol.

Davidion

Probably because it's like MST3K riff-fodder level special effects.

Fun fact: humans find this type of facial structure creepy because it look similar to rigor mortis and you're instinctually programmed to not want to hang around dead bodies. The tightly drawn lips exposing the gums and the distended tongue are what unattended corpses look like after a few hours. You can see this in all sorts of archaeological evidence including the iconic tongue out open mouth of the Hindu goddess of death Kali.

awesome, ty

Thank mr skeltal

Creepiest thing I've seen posted on GAF was probably this weird series of erotic anime gifs where a guy was obscenely brushing his little sister's teeth, made my skin crawl IRL. Can't remember the thread, though.

Carnby

Huh, I could have sworn I saw it in some metal music video posted in a different creepy thread. Maybe they just took clips from it? Or maybe I'm conflating some things.

Marilyn Manson's Cryptorchid featured clips from this movie. You're prolly thinking of that.

Mike M

Nick N
Some overwritten and unsatisfying bullshit about a Soviet sleep-deprivation bullshit experiment that leads to the isolated group of test subjects self-mutilating or killing each other off until the last remaining one is being remotely put down with gas or something by the observing scientists goes "no, they were almost here, we were their harbingers!" or some other trite bull like that.

The associated image is creepy and it's of what I can only assume is a burn victim of some kind but this poor mutilated nigh-skeletal human in a black and white photograph.

Might be like a post-Hiroshima picture or something, never wanted to look at it for long enough to try and find the original source.

But like I said earlier the image doesn't actually make sense within the frame of the story as told and it's just there for a cheap shock.

The actual source of that image is that it's a Halloween prop. In color it's rather garishly painted and goofy looking, I'll have to see if I can find a picture.

Edit: Beaten!

Not

Banned
Please no one post the MLB glitch one

I can handle all of them but that one

EDIT: Ok I don't like the holes and teeth ones either

No holes and teeth ones please

Bye

thank mr skeltal

Top Bottom