• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What were the most blatantly offensive topics/posts you've seen on GAF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like ultra-racist, sexist or homophobic? I was looking at the Comicvine forums a while ago and someone posted a topic that said "ban all the black people." Post content said there were "too many niggers." Seems like a clear suicide to me. But that got me wondering - has there been anything that offensive on GAF before?

marrec

Banned
That one topic insinuating that the best Chinese Food Restaurants are all in California was super offensive.

jaxword

There was that guy who cried to Evilore that he was horribly offended and religiously persecuted because of My Little Pony.

True story; he whined that people got banned for mocking MLP but not for mocking his religion. PERSECUTION!!!!

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I guess victim blaming?

I haven't gotten offended. I mean, its the internet.

marrec

Banned
I don't think many threads here on GAF start out offensive, but there is a predictable downward spiral associated with certain topics so that even the most innocuous thread title can hide the most vile stuff.

Gustav

Banned
The most offensive posts I have seen were written by a holocaust denier citing well known "holocaust experts" spewing their anti semite agenda.

marrec

Banned
Me too!

(Is this some sort of support group for the 'hard-to-offend'?)

My name is Dave and I haven't been offended in years.

*sobs*

When one is as affably offensive as you, an unoffendable deflector shield sprouts up about you. None of my technology can penetrate it. :(

jaxword

I think you're missing the innuendo I was getting at. Mel Gibson and his freaky family are holocaust deniers. They're also far more influential and respected than any of us will ever be, especially after Mel made a big deal about how great a Christian he was with his Christian movie and Christian values in Hollywood.

You know as well as I do that a big movie star has far more influence over the masses than any "scientist" on wikipedia.

Gustav

Banned
I think you're missing the innuendo I was getting at. Mel Gibson and his freaky family are holocaust deniers. They're also far more influential and respected than any of us will ever be, especially after Mel made a big deal about how great a Christian he was with his Christian movie and Christian values in Hollywood.

You know as well as I do that a big movie star has far more influence over the masses than any "scientist" on wikipedia.

Right over my head.

I guess i'm another of those straight white men with thick skin.

Wait, what could you be offended by?

But no I find these things interesting. The more absurd the better (because if it's plain, serious and consistent it will offend me), but I'm rarely offended myself.

DarkKyo

Most of the time a topic isn't super offensive but the posters that ravage the topic make it a controversial thread. There are definitely some offensive topics though.

jorma

is now taking requests
Wait, what could you be offended by?

But no I find these things interesting. The more absurd the better (because if it's plain, serious and consistent it will offend me), but I'm rarely offended myself.

I'm not sure i understand this post. I don't get offended easily is what i tried to say...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom