• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would you be willing to pay for Neo?

khaaan

$300 CAD after trading in my existing PS4 under the condition that the Neo does not sound like a jet engine whenever there's any action on screen.

RulkezX

£300 tops.

The spec jump is fuck all special, and Scorpio isn't far off.

If it comes down to a slightly better ps4 or a much better xbox I'm probably just keep my og ps4 until Scorpio comes.

I think $1000 would be a fantastic price for a Neo. Over five years that comes out to just over $4 a week. And you can't afford $4, you're just too poor to be a gamer; it's less than a mcdonald's dinner, come on.

Banned
$399 USD no matter if it got a spec bump to over 5TF or not.

That cpu is gonna hold things back anyways.

shandy706

$399 Max

Higher than that and I'll just buy a PS4 or PS4S for much less. I wanted Neo for my PSVR that I have pre-ordered, but outside of that I'll buy nothing but PS4/NEO exclusives.

Indie and cross-platform I'll buy on PC. I don't want to spend a ton of cash on an exclusives only machine.

LifEndz

399.99 is probably my max. Might go as high as 499.99 but it depends on the final specs, how the games look and what the more tech savy of you tell me said specs will be able to provide. I don't really care about 4k gaming seeing as how I don't own a 4k tv, but I do want games that will run and perform better.

Taker34

Banned
-599€
My launch day console is obnoxiously loud (reapplying the thermal paste twice didn't help), so I'd take the Neo even if it costs more than anticipated. I play regularly on only one console so it's not too big of a deal to have the most powerful and "best" version of it. Even for a premium price.

399€. Do it.

StereoVsn

$399.99 for the base model drive. It better have SATA3 and improved WiFi though or the price goes down $100. IF Sony goes with truly improved spec on CPU, would potentially go up more but it can't be just a Jaguar OC.

Duxxy3

$349.

4tflops isn't remotely cutting edge any longer. It's not a 4k system, just a system that can do 1080p more effectively than the PS4.

SoulUnison

Banned
$399. $450 would be the upper limit.

If NEO ends up at $499 I'll get a cheap OG PS4, upgrade my PC, and just wait for ports and deal with exclusives.

Peltz

I can't comment yet. Too much of Sony's plans for the device are unknown. It has less to do with specs and more to do with how different the experience will be on the device compared to a normal PS4 and what amount of work developers are going to put into Neo-specific aspects of their games.

If it's all about resolution... I probably won't buy one because I'm still happy with 1080p gaming for now. If it's about enhanced VR immersion, I might bite. If it's about better frame rates at 1080p I also might bite.

Chances are, I wouldn't go over $400 even in the best of circumstances.

Fbh

I'm still deciding if I want to build a PC or go for a NEO as my next gaming upgrade.

If I build a PC I'd pay like $200 after trading in/selling my current PS4. Though probably not at launch.

If I go for the NEO only I'd pay between $400 and $500

Shikoba

$399. I feel like... if your going to make me rebuy your console for another one, don't charge me over what I paid the first time around. -_-; it's annoying enough to have to buy a new one.

299 bucks max. Most of the high profile games I wanna play I can experience on PC too.

499 day 1 if it has full, outta the box Playstation 1 - 3 disc and digital BC for games I've already bought.

Assuming it's only going to give a little framerate or resolution bump to PS4 games, maybe $50-100 more than whatever a "normal" PS4 goes for these days.

But honestly I'm not interested if there's only a slight difference.

Kill3r7

Depends on what it offers but my max price would be $499. I might be tempted to go as high as $599 but I just don't think I want to support mid cycle consoles at that price.

Top Bottom