• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would you be willing to pay for Neo?

IvanJ

Banned
I have a launch PS4 with a built in 1TB SSHD. I am very happy with it.
To me, any decision to purchase Neo will not be made because of price.

I need to wait for September 7th and see what Neo offers.
If it's just resolution and fps bumps, I don't care. No buy.
If it's 4K BluRay, I don't care. No buy.

I don't really know what I would care for, honestly. I hope Sony will make an effort to sell it to me.
As it stands right now, I will not be buying Neo regardless of price. 399, 449, 499 is completely irelevant. 299 would be too much if it gave me nothing to care about. Just cause me hassle to sell the old console, transfer crap over, etc.

Ame

$449 CND. That with the probable EBgames $200 trade in for my current PS4 and I'll bite...Maybe. I still want to see what the Neo offers come Sept 7th.

Crayon

If I could trade up for 100 bucks. I don't use my ps4 much and I think the games look good. Neo not such a hot item for me.

Jombie

Nothing. I don't have enough disposable income to buy upgraded consoles every few years. The ps4 I have now will probably be the last gaming device I ever own.

What exactly do you think the specs of this thing are going to be?

My guess is a minimum 3.6 TF for the GPU with a mild upgrade to the CPU/HDD. The rest is up in the air.

Which hdd will it come with (capacity/speed)? Will it have SATA 3.0 support? Will there be additional USB 3.0 ports/any other ports? Any upgrades to the optical drive? Upgrades to WiFi/Bluetooth/HDMI?

Would be willing to pay:
  1. $599 for just upgrades to HDD/CPU/GPU 3.6TF minimum
  2. $799 max I would pay for additional upgrades to Wi-Fi/Bluetooth/HDMI/SATA/USB/ optical drive

Rizific

250-300. But I'll probably pay whatever it launches at provided there's a few games that I think warrant the purchase.

mekes

I'd spend £375 max on it. I'd give my 2tb vanilla console to my good friend, assuming they offer 2tb options for the Neo.

If I could trade up for 100 bucks. I don't use my ps4 much and I think the games look good. Neo not such a hot item for me.

This is where I sit. My PS4 is basically just a Destiny machine for me. Everything else is played on my Xbone, and I don't even care about Scorpio, either. I'm 100% happy with how games look on either system currently.

Cynar

$449 CND. That with the probable EBgames $200 trade in for my current PS4 and I'll bite...Maybe. I still want to see what the Neo offers come Sept 7th.
Only way I would do it. Sony is going to screw us hard though just judging how they priced PSN for Canadians.

$400 for me. Probably will wait for a sale/bundle before I pull the trigger though. I want to see the performance difference between the two models for a few games that I really care about before I decide anything.

Maybe I'll upgrade when Horizon comes out.

Don't get the $399 people for neo.

Profit margins are low, they just got the ps4 to $350 and had to use a cheap redesign to get it lower and it has a nice spec boost from the ps4.

I see minimum $449

399U$ for the specs shown (same CPU, 4.4 TF)
499U$ for the better Jaguar and over 5 TF (with games at 4K@30fps)

Since I'm playing at 1080p, I think the 399U$ model should do the trick. We all know games at 1080p will run better.

ironcreed

Banned

Profit margins are low, they just got the ps4 to $350 and had to use a cheap redesign to get it lower and it has a nice spec boost from the ps4.

I see minimum $449

Then I will pass and wait for PS5. I am actually thinking about doing that anyway. I'll buy Scorpio in 2018 and ride out my PS4 OG, which I am perfectly fine with other than PS+.

I see minimum $449

Is this a fact?

I imagine the price is where it is because they have no reason to lower it.

This has probably been the best produced console they've done.

£400.

That's 50quid more than the original was, which was pretty damned spot on as a quality, premium product at launch. Anymore and I might just stick with the standard model and wait out the PS5 though.

Morts

Thread seems... premature? Even if we knew exactly what the specs were I don't see how you determine what it's worth without actually seeing what kind of difference it makes in games.

THE:MILKMAN

I think £349 for Neo and £199 for slim. Leaves a £150 difference for the "high-end" model whilst coming in at launch PS4 price.

$399. I hope Sony doesnt fall for shitty MS tactics and just releases an affordable console. With a $150 trade in,i can get it for $250 which is great for a 4.2 Tflop GPU upgrade.

I compare it to upgrading my PC which will be more than $250 thanks to my shitty mobo which wont take any of the new CPUs anymore.

Wot?

Is this a fact?

I imagine the price is where it is because they have no reason to lower it.

This has probably been the best produced console they've done.

The profits iirc were low last gen. These are better machines that launched with underwhelming specs. The only reason Xbox dropped the price before the S clear out is because of Kinect and a price advantage to block losing much ground to a competitor.

Otherwise both would likely be $349 right now.

Then you got the Neo, which is quite a bit more powerful than the ps4. Along with VR releasing. >$399 would make each sale likely a good gain Imo.

The profits iirc were low last gen. These are better machines that launched with underwhelming specs. The only reason Xbox dropped the price before the S clear out is because of Kinect and a price advantage to block losing much ground to a competitor.

Otherwise both would likely be $349 right now.

Then you got the Neo, which is quite a bit more powerful than the ps4. Along with VR releasing. >$399 would make each sale likely a good gain Imo.

So it not.

Ok thanks.

sono

Nothing because the launch of this device has caused me to loose the faith. I am not spending hundreds of pounds every two or three years on a gaming console, compared to that spend nearly once a decade, cant justify it sorry

Top Bottom