• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would you be willing to pay for Neo?

geardo

I always wait a year after a console release before I dive in. Games will need to look and perform tangibly better on it, and it needs to be reasonably priced. That's about it.

komplanen

Leaked specs for $389

Scorpio or similar specs for $449 (I wanted to type $499 but then I just realized how ridiculous it would be so I toned it down a little).

$500 with noticeably improved specs over the leaked document.

$500 is what I'm hoping for and $399 would be a disappointment be it would most likely mean the I'm stuck with the leaked specs. I'm not buying a Scorpio so whatever that costs is irrelevant. PC is definitely in the cards though.

Vire

Hoping that they up the specs from the leak tbh. I would be willing to pay more for a better machine than was leaked.

Probably 500.

400 for leaked specs, but I wouldn't be thrilled with the Jaguar CPU.

border

I already have a Playstation 4.

I wouldn't pay anything for Neo unless it has demonstrable performance improvement in a lot of games (60fps in most titles). It doesn't sound like they've bumped up the specs enough for that to happen.

AmyS

$500 with moderately improved specs over the leaked document.

2.4 GHz CPU - 4.8 TF GPU - 250 GB/sec memory bandwidth.

18-Volt

Anything, cause I'm one of those nutjobs who buys anything console related. It probably won't get anything I desire (Jak 4? Sly 5? SOCOM 5? Wipeout? Motorstorm 4? I hate you sony) and all I play on it will be indies and next gen GTA, but I'm willing to pay anything for this sucker. Really. I'm already preordered PS VR even though I'm not planning play anything on it.

CHC

Not more than 250 out of pocket (which includes sell / trade-in value for my current normal PS4).

So retail-wise, I'd say maximum $449. I'm not really excited about the horsepower upgrade since I already have a capable gaming PC, I'd be purchasing it more out of a sense of obligation / desire to have the best available performance and image quality for console games.

On it's own I kind of couldn't really care that much about the Neo - it's not going to be more than the sum of its parts and I'm already tired of hearing about it - brought up in virtually every thread like the second coming of Christ over here.

$400 if it is large, with external psu, silent and cool

If it large and needs an external psu it won't be $399.

Not more than 250 out of pocket (which includes sell / trade-in value for my current normal PS4).

So retail-wise, I'd say maximum $449. I'm not really excited about the horsepower upgrade since I already have a capable gaming PC, I'd be purchasing it more out of a sense of obligation / desire to have the best available performance and image quality for console games.

On it's own I kind of couldn't really care that much about the Neo - it's not going to be more than the sum of its parts and I'm already tired of hearing about it - brought up in virtually every thread like the second coming of Christ over here.

I haven't seen any one describing it that way. Opinions have been really split.

Will buy it eventually rather it's 200 or 800

But I may switch to Scorpio for my main third party games.

Sony may still lock down indies for me though as they shouldn't be different

sense

People are excited over new hardware so not sure why it should bother you. I can understand as a PC gamer this may not be that exciting to you but there is a good chunk of people that game primarily on consoles and for them this is exciting.

Right now, fuck all

I will see what it is officially offering first. If anything retailers will hopefully offer some decent trade in offers.

Eh, not much. I'm probably going to wait a good long while before I pick up the Neo, if I ever do. If I'm gonna spend upwards of $400 on games I'd rather sell my GTX 970 and upgrade to a new GPU instead. And if I buy a new console anyways, it's likely to be the one that I can play first party multiplayer games with, from my PC, moving forward. As much as I (USED TO) like Sony's AAA exclusives, I'd prefer to play games like Forza and Halo with my buddies and my brothers on our own screens and preferred platforms instead.

AXE

Nothing. I believe the devs won't upgrade/optimize their older releases for the device. I think that at some point I still thought that they might, but... nah. Onwards and upwards towards new adventures I'm sure.

I have my trusty PC for experiencing goodness.

(Having properly running games is more important to me than VR, apparently)

Sanke__

$1000 assuming the hardware is up to snuff

I would hope $399 for leaked specs, maybe $449 if it includes 2tb hard drive and 4K blu ray player
(but I would pay $499 because I want one very badly)

I would personally like one that is $599 but I'm more realistically keeping my fingers crossed for $499 - assuming the hardware has been upgraded proportionately
(Really hoping they decided to also upgrade the CPU)

But I am terrified of them severely underproducing them because I'm pretty sure I would be one of those people paying $1000 for one on eBay
(Really wish they would have just opened up preorders earlier this year)

Also all of this is assuming they release it in time to coincide with a neo mode for battlefield 1
(If they delay it until next year, I may just have to upgrade my PC on Black Friday and stick to only exclusives on ps4)

Edit: After reading through the thread, I have realized that it is going to be hilarious if they announce price before specs on September 7th, everyone will be totally confused over whether to be happy or angry.

Top Bottom