• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatever happened to these calzones pizza hut had?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psxphile

The first time I ever had a calzone was from a Hungry Howie's that opened in town several years ago. Before then I didn't even know what it was (for the uninformed, basically imagine a pizza folded over like a taco). It was pretty great, but it was my first so what did I know? Less than a year later Howie's closed down and I stated trying other restaurants' calzones. I didn't like the P'zone all that much, seemed far too dry and crusty. I much preferred the calzone from the Rosatti's from across town when they were the lunch special but they've recently re-opened under new ownership and axed the special.

Now that was a tasty calzone.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
The P'zone. Have you seen the nutritional value of those? There's 4x the fat and carbs a full sized adult male should have daily.

DInV8dR.jpg

Looks like the pizza is going to eat that poor girl.

kris.

Banned
I had Pizza Hut last night and asked about them because they're cheap and delicious. Was told they don't make them anymore. Cried myself to sleep.

*Shrug* I kept seeing here that they were discontinued with the new menu items but my nearest Pizza Hut still has them. Didn't order one though, gave some new stuff a shot with the large pan pizza I ordered.

Premium Crushed Tomato Sauce
Green Peppers
Mushrooms
Onions
Pepperoni
Premium Salami
Meatballs

Along with the Honey Sriracha Drizzle and Salted Pretzel Crust.

Better than I actually expected it to be.

EDIT: Okay, now I checked again and they're not there anymore. Oh well, no big loss.

Regiruler

Do they still sell school cafeteria pasta?

Your school cafeteria had pasta?
"Calzones are pointless. They're just pizza that's harder to eat. No one likes them."

WRONG. A well done calzone has a much better cheese: topping: bread balance, and when you dip it in some marinara sauce it accentuates the flavor to a degree leagues higher than that of a common pizza.
Or maybe I'm just really hungry.

My school cafeteria had the greasiest pizza I ever had, usually on the "ala carte" side since at least until junior year the normal cafeteria pizza was that rectangular shit that was reminiscent of a bad microwaved pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom