• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whats out for ds next year

Zihark

Magician's Quest: Mysterious Times-formerly called Little Magicians..., anyways if you like Animal Crossing you'll love this its ac plus-lotsa new interesting twists/improvements to the ac formula. Described as ac meets harry potter.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Blu_LED said:
Did they announce the pre-order bonus yet? Or even a release date? I've been meaning to run into Gamestop and pre-order it.

Pokemon.com says March 22, 2009. Don't know about any bonuses though.

CiSTM

Banned
Rlan said:
Not RPGs:

180919b.jpg

180878brp.jpg

180634brp.jpg

I'm really waiting for these three titles. I hope they are good. Trackmania DS is also awesome.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
grandjedi6 said:
Hopefully. They're all out in Japan already so its entirely dependent on NOA :/
I'm expecting at least an announcement in the first six months. Not holding my breath though.

:(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
While most people most likely doubt it here for some odd reason, the second Professor Layton most likely will come out next year.

Oh, also, this looks to be a ton of fun IMO:
180629b.jpg

Jan 06 - Elebits: The Adventures of Kai and Zero
61wDwwUGlAL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Feb 10 - Retro Game Challenge
51BE3zwXrqL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Feb 16 - Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
135150e.jpg

Mar 22 - Pokémon Platinum version
135155e.jpg

Q1.... - Henry Hatsworth & The Puzzling Adventure
61s0T5rYDrL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

+
Wario Ware Made in Me
Mario & Luigi 3
Giana Sisters DS
Scribblenauts

Shiggie

Andrex said:
Oh yeah! Definitely that. Can't wait. :D

I can't believe I forgot. :'( I even have a DP avatar too. D:
I was wondering who that was:lol

POKEMANS!!!

Sooo many games so little money :(

Jiggy

I for one am in for Retro Game Challenge, Pokemon Platinum, Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, Rhythm Heaven, and probably "My World, My Way" (put in quotes because the comma is a part of the title).

Just referring to the known releases and localizations. If 7th Dragon makes it to English in 2009, I'll definitely be there for that, and same if Dragon Quest VI or IX show up. Edit: Oh yeah, Mario & Luigi 3. If it's mostly like Partners in Time I'll pass; if it's mostly like Superstar Saga, I'm there.

Edit: Checked my spreadsheet. Also looking forward to Sands of Destruction. If by a miracle Tales of Hearts get--no, I can't even finish that sentence. :(

Fire Emblem
Mario & Luigi 3
Avalon Code

Rhythm Heaven
maybe Pokemon P.
TOO MUCH RPGs AHHHHHH

These are the ones that are intersting for me, the only puzzle game I liked was Tetris (sorry Scribblenauts)

xfactor

Banned
Jackson said:
There's only one game that matters. It's called Scribblenauts

Nothing else will compare. Trust me on this. :lol

so we're taking it that you are confirming a 2009 release for Scribblenauts? ;P

Here's my list. date might be outdated

Jan 06 2009
- Elebits 2: Adventures of Kai & Zero [Action]
- Retro Game Challenge [Action]
- Big Bang Mini
Jan 13 2009
- Moon DS [FPS]

Feb 3 2009
- My World, My Way
Feb 10 2009
- Legacy of Ys: Books I & II [Console-Style RPG]
Feb 16 2009
- Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon [Adventure]
Feb 17 2009
- DRAGON QUEST V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride [Console-Style RPG]
- Trackmania [Racing]
Feb 24 2009
- Blue Dragon Plus [Tactical RPG]
- Puzzle Quest: Galactrix [Puzzle]

Mar 13 2009
- Lux-Pain [Text Adventure]
Mar 16 2009
- Flower, Sun, and Rain [Adventure]
Mar 17 2009
- Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume [RPG]
- Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars [Sandbox Action Adventure]
- Suikoden Tierkreis DS [Console-Style RPG]
Mar 22 2009
- Pokemon Platium [RPG]

Q2 2009
- Puchi Puchi Virus [Puzzle]

- Rhythm Heaven [Music]
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time [RPG]

TBA
- de Blob [Platformer]
- Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Reverie [RPG]
- Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings [Adventure]
- Dragon Quest IX: Guard of the Starry Night [Console-Style RPG]
- Ghostbusters: The Video Game [Action]
- Picross 3D [Puzzle]
- Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled [RPG]
- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days [Action RPG]
- Sand Destruction [RPG]
- Infinite Space [Spaceship Simulation]
- Scribblenaut
- ASH [RPG]

No English Announcement Yet
- Tales of Hearts [RPG]
- Blue Dragon: Giant of the Underworld [RPG]
- Shining Force Feather [Strategy]
- RIZ-ZOAWD [RPG]
- Destiny Links [RPG]
- Phantasy Star Zero DS [Action RPG]
- Manhattan of Requiem ~ Kiss of Murder DS [Adventure]
- Ragnarok Online DS [RPG]
- Final Fantasy Fables: Cid and Chocobo's Dungeon [Action RPG]
- Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales -- The Witch, the Girl, and the Five Heroes [Adventure]
- Avalon Code [Action RPG]
- Professor Layton and Pandora's Box [Puzzle]
- Professor Layton and the Last Time Travel [Puzzle]
- Gyakuten Kenji [Adventure]
- Ace Attorney 5 [Visual Novel Text Adventure]
- Soma Bringer
- 7th Dragon [RPG]
- Ni no Kuni: The Another World [Role-Playing General]
- Devil Survivor [RPG]
- Inazuma Eleven 2: Kyoui no Shinryokusha [Sports]
- Blood of Bahamut [RPG]
- Summon Night X: Tears Crown [RPG]
- Nanashi no Game [Action Horror Adventure]

immy said:
hmmmm why do western developers make so few ds games?

Ipod and Cellphones are faster and cheaper to develop for.

Other than that, it's been proven that only Brain games and Casual games are selling for the DS. Ubisoft, besides that, actually have a pretty big handheld development partner with Gameloft, but they recently shifted most of it towards XBLA, PSN and WiiWare and Iphone.

Can someone please clue me in on what Pokemon Platinum does differently than Diamond/Pearl?

The game features Giratina as its mascot and introduces its Origin Forme (オリジンフォルム, Orijin Forumu?), as seen in Giratina to Sora no Hanataba: Shaymin. Its initial form is referred to as its Another Forme (アナザーフォルム, Anazā Forumu?, Altered Forme in the English localization).[4][11] The storyline involves a disturbance atop Mt. Coronet, as a portal to the "Distortion World"[3] (やぶれたせかい, Yabureta Sekai?) is opened and Sinnoh's climate becomes colder. The trainers have been given new outfits to suit the colder climate. The Distortion World is a strange place in another dimension. The normal laws of gravity and physics do not apply here.[12]

Shaymin, which was distributed as part of admittance to the aforementioned film, has a new form known as its "Sky Forme" (スカイフォルム, Sukai Forumu?), a dual Grass and Flying-type Pokémon. When traded to Diamond or Pearl from Platinum, Shaymin will transform from its Sky Forme back to its Land Forme (ランドフォルム, Rando Forumu?)[13] with the use of a new item in Platinum.[14] When the special Regigigas that is given out with a pre-order ticket for Giratina to Sora no Hanataba: Shaymin is traded from Diamond or Pearl to Platinum, it activates an event that makes Regirock, Regice, and Registeel available in Platinum.[15][16]

Prior to the game's release, silhouette images of five unknown Pokémon were shown on the official website. These Pokémon were later identified as different forms of Rotom.[17][18] An item called the Secret Key[17] was distributed over the Wi-Fi connection beginning on September 28 to change Rotom's forms.[19]

The Battle Frontier, which was first introduced in Pokémon Emerald, appears again in Platinum. In the Wi-Fi Plaza[3], an arcade area, the player can play minigames with other people over the Wi-Fi connection.[20]

Probably Rhythm Heaven at this point.

I can only dream about NOA releasing Mario Golf DS and F-Zero DS...sigh. Seems like such a no-brainer. Oh well, Personal Trainer: Math will have to do for the time being :lol

neoism

Legacy of Ys: Books I & II - February 10th
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - February 16th
Jagged Alliance DS - February 17th
Dragon Quest V - February 17th
Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled - February 24thIf you like Trigger/FF6, this one has potential.
blacksigil-13.jpg
blacksigil-17.jpg
blacksigil-15.jpg

Blue Dragon Plus - February 24th
Avalon Code - February

The Dark Spire - March 10th
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume - March 17th
Pokémon Platinum - March 22nd
Zubo - March

Suikoden Tierkreis - Q1 2009
Elebits: The Adventures of Kai and Zero - Q1 2009

FF:CC Echoes of Time - Spring 2009
Sands of Destruction - Fall 2009

2009 releases

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Littleberu said:

Other than that, it's been proven that only Brain games and Casual games are selling for the DS. Ubisoft, besides that, actually have a pretty big handheld development partner with Gameloft, but they recently shifted most of it towards XBLA, PSN and WiiWare and Iphone.

Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

leroidys

Littleberu said:

The game features Giratina as its mascot and introduces its Origin Forme (オリジンフォルム, Orijin Forumu?), as seen in Giratina to Sora no Hanataba: Shaymin. Its initial form is referred to as its Another Forme (アナザーフォルム, Anazā Forumu?, Altered Forme in the English localization).[4][11] The storyline involves a disturbance atop Mt. Coronet, as a portal to the "Distortion World"[3] (やぶれたせかい, Yabureta Sekai?) is opened and Sinnoh's climate becomes colder. The trainers have been given new outfits to suit the colder climate. The Distortion World is a strange place in another dimension. The normal laws of gravity and physics do not apply here.[12]

Shaymin, which was distributed as part of admittance to the aforementioned film, has a new form known as its "Sky Forme" (スカイフォルム, Sukai Forumu?), a dual Grass and Flying-type Pokémon. When traded to Diamond or Pearl from Platinum, Shaymin will transform from its Sky Forme back to its Land Forme (ランドフォルム, Rando Forumu?)[13] with the use of a new item in Platinum.[14] When the special Regigigas that is given out with a pre-order ticket for Giratina to Sora no Hanataba: Shaymin is traded from Diamond or Pearl to Platinum, it activates an event that makes Regirock, Regice, and Registeel available in Platinum.[15][16]

Prior to the game's release, silhouette images of five unknown Pokémon were shown on the official website. These Pokémon were later identified as different forms of Rotom.[17][18] An item called the Secret Key[17] was distributed over the Wi-Fi connection beginning on September 28 to change Rotom's forms.[19]

The Battle Frontier, which was first introduced in Pokémon Emerald, appears again in Platinum. In the Wi-Fi Plaza[3], an arcade area, the player can play minigames with other people over the Wi-Fi connection.[20]

Anyone know definitively if the game's sped up at all? Made diamond unplayable for me. I've heard talk of it but haven't been able to find confirmation.

Regulus Tera said:
Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

Yeah I was, you should see the shit that Ubisoft and Gameloft succeed to release each month.

Anyone know definitively if the game's sped up at all? Made diamond unplayable for me. I've heard talk of it but haven't been able to find confirmation.

Sped up? You get running shoes fairly early in the game.

Also, check this http://serebii.net/platinum/ to get a comprehensive guide on what has changed.

DuckRacer

Littleberu said:

So it's just Diamond/Pearl with a tweaked storyline, a few more Pokemon, and the battle frontier? :/

Oh well, thanks anyway.

Jackson

Volcynika said:
Screw you Black Sigil! After wanting the game so much two years ago, I've lost all interest in caring.

To be fair, this is a bunch of college kids that hacked the DS and got a dev kit through a 3rd party publisher.

Also they totally ripped art from other games (FFVI, Chrono Trigger) and slapped it in their game.

Volcynika

Jackson said:
To be fair, this is a bunch of college kids that hacked the DS and got a dev kit through a 3rd party publisher.

Also they totally ripped art from other games (FFVI, Chrono Trigger) and slapped it in their game.

True. Probably won't be buying it though, much better things to buy.

Like Scribblenauts!

Don't forget The Another World; it's a DS RPG by Level 5 and Studio Ghibli, who is designing the characters and providing the movie scenes. It also ships with a cool hardcover book with a plethora of information.

jesusraz

Jackson said:

Didn't it start on the GBA? So it's taken even longer! Good to see it finally coming out, though. Hopefully it lives up to the expectations of those that have followed it all these years!

Shiggy

Don't forget about Layton 2, a certain game from the makers of Metroid Prime Pinball, a certain game from the makers of Starfox Command and so on. There should be quite a bit even on the first party front.

Top Bottom