• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the absolute worst game of 2016 you played?

Ingeniero

Star Wars Battlefront, got bored in 2 hours.
Fallout 4, tried for some hours, but the style didn't suit me, I hate that game.

Star Fox Zero, absolutely. One of the most baffling decisions for a control scheme I've ever experienced, and the sort of inherently flawed experience that makes me question the abilities of Shigeru Fucking Miyamoto.

It's like a bad port of a bad arcade game, the sort you'd pay $1.00 for, and feel robbed. But it costs $60, and makes you want to kill yourself.

Budi

Eeh, I have hard time shitting on games. But Virginia didn't deliver at all. Danganronpa (PC release at start of the year) I refunded after an hour, but I've heard it gets much better so I feel more confident in saying Virginia. And I played Mafia 3 this year, but it's not my personal pick for the worst, despite the big flaws I had fun playing through it.

Xion86

Battleborn. I know that game has defenders but goddamn the terrible terrible writing and humour, ugly graphics, boring multiplayer and basically non existant single player was just a mess from top to bottom.

What a silly post. People are entitled to their opinions and Uncharted 4 wasn't the perfect game everyone acts like it is. Also not everyone plays every game, it's perfectly reasonable to miss the actual terrible games of the year and the one you found the worst ends up being a good one.

Yeah I agree that people are entitiled to their opinions, but worst game of 2016? Uncharted 4 wasn't amazing, I enjoyed it enough though, but I'm pretty sure there were aspects of it that were better than some other game that people played apart from it in 2016, the visuals, gameplay, music, story, areas? I don't think calling it a silly post is fair, I was just pointing out that I think that if someone who thought Uncharted 4 was the worst game of 2016 then it would be interesting to see a list of the other titles they played this year.

"What's the absolute worst game of 2016 you played?"

I mentioned in my post, i didn't play too many new titles, just a handful on the PS4, but I'd have to say Final Fantasy: Explorers, it was defiantly not what I was expecting for a 2016 game, it felt off in so many areas, I didn't play too much of it.

I didn't pick up No Mans Sky as it just seemed like one of those games I'd play for a week then just get bored of and not carry on further. I guess I'll typically pick up games I know I'll enjoy, and I thought I'd really love FF Explorers.

UrbanRats

Final Fantasy: Explorers....urgh..

Can't believe some people said Uncharted 4...I mean seriously, WORST game of 2016? What a joke..some of you people are hilarious here :D.
Most people don't intentionally search out bad games to play, so yes, Uncharted 4 can make the list easily, especially if (like me and others) you didn't like the change of pace in the series.

Yeah I agree that people are entitiled to their opinions, but worst game of 2016? Uncharted 4 wasn't amazing, I enjoyed it enough though, but I'm pretty sure there were aspects of it that were better than some other game that people played apart from it in 2016, the visuals, gameplay, music, story, areas? I don't think calling it a silly post is fair, I was just pointing out that I think that if someone who thought Uncharted 4 was the worst game of 2016 then it would be interesting to see a list of the other titles they played this year.
And it can still end up being the worst.
Worst is a proportional value, not an absolute one.

Xion86

Most people don't intentionally search out bad games to play, so yes, Uncharted 4 can make the list easily, especially if (like me and others) you didn't like the change of pace in the series.

Yeah like me, I don't pick up as many games as i used to now, and I usually pick up games I'd enjoy. I stayed away from titles like No Mans Sky, Call of Duty, Battlefield 1 etc as I knew I'd play them a lot for a week or so then get a little bored or find them repetitive. They might be in my list if I did pick them up though. I stayed away from Star Fox after hearing bad things too!

I've really enjoyed the Uncharted series since it came out due to the theme of the games, especially as Tomb Raider died down, was a nice replacement. I didn't mind the change of pace really, maybe I'm easily pleased haha, I went for the Platinum on it as I enjoyed playing through it. I kind of liked how it tried to be a little serious to end on, as well as upping the visual quality to something quite impressive to look at (I know graphics don't make a game, but seriously you have to admit it was impressive right?) I also really enjoy third person action adventure titles, and not too many of them out right now. There were definitely some impressive moments in the game though, the clock towers and mud slide being two! Not too many games which have really stand out moments that you will remember.

I guess people would hate on me for not enjoying The Last of Us though :p.o

And yeah I guess worst is a proportional value, I'd just find it quite strange if I saw a "Worst Games of 2016" article or poll and Uncharted 4 was number 1. Like never reccomend it to anyone / avoid it as it's so bad. But then I guess this thread is about people's personal worst based on the games they picked up this year and how many, and not an overall "Worst of 2016". I'm just really curious what other games people played now, as in, personal best game of 2016! :)

The Last Guardian was mentioned here too, I have that but not played it yet, I hope it's not THAT bad :(.

Zero83

I never buy games that I'm not sure if I'll enjoy or not.

2016 WiiU games I got: Star Fox Zero and Paper Mario, liked them both

2016 PS4 games I got: REmake (for free), Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted 4, Infinite Warfare. I'm trying to get into RE, but it's a struggle because I dont like maze-like adventure games. And while the campaign in IW is great, the multiplayer maps are so bland that I'm wishing I'm playing BLOPS3 instead, every second.

So my pick is Infinite Warfare, not a bad game overall, but the biggest disappointment for me and the only multiplayer COD I just can't seem to get into.

Probably Ray Gigant. What a bore that game is. Normally love my dungeon crawlers but this was just pure dull. Actually forgot it existed until I saw someone else remind me of it whilst reading this topic.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Of games that actually released in 2016, Mighty No. 9

Of all the games I played in the duration of 2016, Quest 64.

Mighty No 9. Two really bad design choices: an excessive amount of one-hit kill areas and you have to restart a level if you run out of lives. It's just tedious.

Virginia for me. I've played walking sims like Gone Home and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and I really enjoyed them, so that wasn't the issue here. The problem was that those games were engaging, while Virginia I never knew wtf was going on. Combined with weird and sudden cuts

How dare people compare this shit with Twin Peaks

I'd also throw a shoutout to Mafia III and Bastion for being repetitive fucking slogs, but they at least started off really good

Hale-XF11

Star Fox Zero, absolutely. One of the most baffling decisions for a control scheme I've ever experienced, and the sort of inherently flawed experience that makes me question the abilities of Shigeru Fucking Miyamoto.

It's like a bad port of a bad arcade game, the sort you'd pay $1.00 for, and feel robbed. But it costs $60, and makes you want to kill yourself.

I'm surprised anyone bought this game thinking it would be anything but terrible. It looks like easily one of the worst things Nintendo's ever created.

Nerrel

Another vote for Starfox Zero. After Federation Force, this game pretty much wiped away my remaining faith in Nintendo's software quality.

Black Desert Online

20160411065144a0ednpqx02nau46p.png

Wasn't feeling that game like I thought I would. It aint a bad game. Its just not what thought it was.

I havent played many new games this year, been mostly playing backlog stuff and this game is the one new game that I played the least and had the most negative feeling about it.

Now that I have a 1080GTX and a steam controller and the game has had a few updates, I may jump back in and try it out again.

Top Bottom