• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the cutest dog breeds ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.K.

Greay Pyrenees. They're massive and one of the cuddliest dogs breeds around. Girlfriend has one, thing is just beautiful.

great-pyrenees.jpg

I've got a Pyrenees. She's a good dog, but she's scared of EVERYTHING.

They rank higher BECAUSE they have less a sense of self. Huskies know full well what to do, then don't because it doesn't suit them.

#standardizedtestingson

Yep, Siberians were trained to pull sleds and they often had to ignore the Musher because they knew the dangers ahead better. As such they've developed a sense of self, as you say, that weighs the benefits for themselves against a human's commands. And because obedience is a big part of the intelligence test that Coren developed, they can't possibly rank high.

I won't argue with the Border Collies' intelligence, though.

jred2k

Golden Labs are pretty cute. I like short-haired Labs better than when they start to look shaggy. Here's mine named Conker as a puppy:

I've got a soft spot for Border Collies, Corgis, and Pugs as well.

Toxi

Banned
I'm a chiahuahua fan, although that's mainly because I own a chiahuahua; I'm sure if I owned some other dog i'd come to see it as adorable too.

They look perpetually awkward and embarrassed and it's hilarious.

SandTorso

I've got a Pyrenees. She's a good dog, but she's scared of EVERYTHING.

Really? Huh. The one I know just wants to explore and has apparently put himself between my girlfriend and her roommate when they were fighting about something before (this also happens when people like to sing very loudly to music as well though).

When I first met the dog he put on a tough face, barking at me and putting on an aggressive stance, but I just put my hand out for him to smell, and then he pretty much just begged me to pet him all night. God I love that dog.

Don't know if anybody said Leonberger...but their size alone makes them super cute.

Photos+Leonberger+dogs18.jpg

Ah yes, the mix between a Pyrenees, Newfoundland, and a St. Bernard. I've heard nothing but amazing things, I want to own one some day.

I've got 2 pugs. They are hilariously funny!

Never heard of the Leonberger breed. Always wanted a Great Pyranese. Sucks their life expectancy is so short :(

Repgnar

My family has a Chocolate Lab and two Beagle mixes. All three of them are great dogs. I myself can't get a pet right now but once I get to that point when I can I wouldn't mind getting a Lab. Lots of great pictures in here, certainly wouldn't mind making a friendship with a lot of these dogs.

Cats are awesome too.

Why the hell are cats in this thread? The cutest breed is the little pugs! So sweet!

I hate you cats. Itchy little creatures with sharp murderous claws

BouncyFrag

English Cocker Spaniel. For some reason growing up this was the only type of dog we would have and always of the black and white variety. One day I'll get my own...once I can get a house and maybe a family too...I've got some work to do. The day I can get one of these will be the best of days.
ist2_6540349-my-lovely-baby-dog-pepa%5B1%5D.jpg

edit: This thread just made me realize how much I missed our last dog, Dolly. She died ages ago when I was in undergrad.

Alex

Female, short hair shih tzu. Not to say the males aren't adorable, they are, but the personality of the females we've had over my life time has been really endearing compared to the males.

I'll probably never own a single dog again though, in the sense that having two is the best. They seem to develop a ton better with a playmate.

So many puppies to choose from : ((((
Ugh. I seriously cannot decide at ALL. But you guys keep on posting these pictures. They're SO adorable.

nasero

For me, it'd definitely have to be an Norwegian Elkhound. I grew up with one and they're just amazing dogs. They're smart and adorable little fluff balls.

Can't believe no-one's mentioned black labs yet. Such wonderful, sensitive and intelligent dogs.

We rescued a black Lab a few years back, and unfortunately only had him for a little over two years before we lost him to cancer.

I've been around dogs all my life, and I've never met a kinder, sweeter, gentler dog than him. He could lower my blood pressure within seconds just by being around. I can't even express how much I miss him.

I will always have dogs (currently a yellow lab and a black standard poodle) but that dog will never, ever be topped. I'm still bitter about it. I WILL have another black lab someday, no matter what my wife says about the shedding.

English Cocker Spaniel. For some reason growing up this was the only type of dog we would have and always of the black and white variety. One day I'll get my own...once I can get a house and maybe a family too...I've got some work to do. The day I can get one of these will be the best of days.
ist2_6540349-my-lovely-baby-dog-pepa%5B1%5D.jpg

edit: This thread just made me realize how much I missed our last dog, Dolly. She died ages ago when I was in undergrad.

Great dogs, best I've had.

Armaros

OMG those puppies look like polar bears. I can't believe I'd never heard of the breed before this thread.

They are one of the oldest breeds and come from Siberia. They are called Smiling Sammies because their mouth looks like they are always smiling at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom