• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the last movie that truly scared you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
inthezone said:
The Grudge II was scary and very underappreciated IMO. Its far better than the first one and probably the last movie that scared me.

None of it made any sense to me, and worst of all, the "monsters" got more camera time than the stars of the movie. Way to take away all the mystery and suspense. Plus how many ****ing times did we need to see the father of that family kill everyone? Yeah, we get it. Something bad happened in that house. WE KNOW. WE SAW THE FIRST MOVIE. Even those who DIDN'T see the first movie must have felt like they were getting beaten over the head with those scenes. Christ.

I was thinking Grudge II HAD to be better than the first one, just based on pure logic and probability. So I might check it out.

You're wrong. The 2nd is worse in every single way. Total cash grab that makes no sense.

In terms of disturbing me, Audition. I can't do torture scenes, and "the" scene is the ****ing WORST for me.

Susperia scared me, and I think White Man mentioned it before. It's more the atmosphere than how the movie plays out, but it's creeepy.

We watched part of An Inconvenient Truth in Geology last semester and it is a bit troubling to say the least.

I just bought the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre on DVD. I absolutely hated the film but it's gory and has good deaths and well... that's what it's meant for. :lol

Bildi

It's not scary as such but I LOVE its unsettling atmosphere of Ring.

Mind you, my parter absolutely hates it - after we saw it she had trouble walking past the TV in the middle of the night on the way to the toilet.

Ringu never really did it for me so much surprisingly.

First he says. . .

Haha, that makes me laugh.

Then he says. . .

Exorcist is the only "shocking" horror movie i have seen.

Yeah, I guess if Satan trapped in a little girl fiddling her naughty bits and talking like a sailor scares you - sure.

I don't think it helps that Clive Barker stole my Christian upbringing virginity with Hellraiser; and nothing's been the same since that flick. The Exorcist is just overrated tripe only good for frightening Bible humping mongoloids.

And Event Horizon is just Hellraiser in space.

Still enjoyable though. I need to pick up the special edition.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
an_inconvinient_truth2.jpg

If we're not counting movies when we were kids, pretty much the entirety of the ring had me "nervous". I saw it on opening night without knowing a thing about it and it was amazing. I jumped like a girl a few times. The audience was so quiet that when one person was startled, the whole theatre went into a chain reaction.

Haha, I guess I'm a bit backwards, I thought King Kong could have used another hour. ^^

As for scary movies... the one that freaked me out most was the original Chainsaw Massacre, altough the one that made me "jump" most recently was probably Gothica as they kept throwing "Boo!" shit at you the whole movie.

http://www.deadsilencemovie.net/

Watch the trailer. It's from the guy that created Saw, which may or may not turn some of you away from the project, but to me it looks like a pretty freaky flick about dolls coming to life, which is highly cliche of course but if it's freaky and well-done, which this seems to be, I don't care. Plus it isn't a Sam Raimi funded PG-13 "horror" film. Looks pretty gritty and disturbing. I think they also did a good job on the doll designs. Certainly looks better than a lot of crap coming out these days. It'll be better than The Messengers. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom