• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the most-voted movie on IMDB you've never seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, yeahhh, don't trust IMDB's top movie list since the Dark Knight fanboys broke the list few years ago in a voting war with another movie.
That's the only reason why Shawshank is #1
(I think people counter voted with Shawshank, but idk it's been a while since it had.)

Um, yeahhh, don't trust IMDB's top movie list since the Dark Knight fanboys broke the list few years ago in a voting war with another movie.

shawshank is #1 because a) it was on cable tv constantly b) it has really broad appeal and c) it's not half bad

so you have a shit ton of people who have seen it and enjoyed it to some degree. it's just raw numbers combined with being completely "agreeable."

I even like the movie, but it's not a #1 based on merit, IMO

62. Guardians of the Galaxy.
I really, really started to hate Marvel movies after the first 20.

I also frequent r/movies and r/besof. :p

Tenebrous

Out of the top 10, I've not seen The Dark Knight or Inception (although I have the latter on Bluray somewhere downstairs). Not interested at all in TDK, but I will get around to Inception, eventually.

Rbk_3

#1 Shawshank Redemption
#4 Fight Club
#5 Pulp Fiction
#6 Lord of the Rings FOTR
#8 The Matrix
#9 LOTR ROTK
#10 The God Father
#12 LOTR TTT
#13 S7ven
#15 The Avengers
#16 Batman Begins
#19 Star Wars
#20 Avatar

Does this make me a bad person?

AndyD

aka andydumi
#20 Avatar.
#28 Breaking Bad.

Since this is a voted on list, it's naturally biased towards recent things. Only a handful of pre 90s things in the top 100.

#1 Shawshank Redemption
#4 Fight Club
#5 Pulp Fiction
#6 Lord of the Rings FOTR
#8 The Matrix
#9 LOTR ROTK
#10 The God Father
#12 LOTR TTT
#13 S7ven
#15 The Avengers
#16 Batman Begins
#19 Star Wars
#20 Avatar

Does this make me a bad person?

no, It makes you someone that could have a fun weekend, give or take.

Violet_0

Banned
I feel like I'm the only one in this thread who hasn't watched The Hunger Games (I read the first book, it was ok). I'm beginning to understand the source of GAF's undying devotion to Lawrence
62. Guardians of the Galaxy.
I really, really started to hate Marvel movies after the first 20.
that's their best one, actually

Not counting TV shows as I don't watch much, these are the movies I haven't seen in the top 500.

162. Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens
172. Juno
192. The Notebook
273. Love Actually
242. The Perks of Being a Wallflower
236. Twilight
308. Knocked Up
369. Easy A
384. Friends with Benefits
388. Amadeus
422. The Lives of Others
450. The Theory of Everything
466. The Fault in Our Stars

Santiako

These are the ones I haven't seen from the top 100, in order:

Django Unchained (2012)
The Departed (2006)
V for Vendetta (2005)
Shutter Island (2010)
Slumdog Millionaire (2008)
No Country for Old Men (2007)
A Beautiful Mind (2001)
Gran Torino (2008)
Black Swan (2010)
Gone Girl (2014)
Silver Linings Playbook (2012)

Tenebrous

I feel like I'm the only one in this thread who hasn't watched The Hunger Games (I read the first book, it was ok). I'm beginning to understand the source of GAF's undying devotion to Lawrence

I haven't, and I've no intention of doing so. Isn't it just a bitchy version of Battle Royale?

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
1. The Shawshank Redemption.

I've just never seen it. It's also like not on any streaming services to my knowledge.

The Shawshank Redemption

1. The Shawshank Redemption

Ive been meaning to watch it. I have it on my DVR never gotten around to it though.

Shawshank Redemption at number 1

The Shawshank Redemption followed by Fight Club and The Godfather.

Shawshank Redemption. After that it's The Godfather.

Yeah, Shawshank Redemption.

For the record I watch a shitton of movies, but in this case I just...don't care.

Add me to the list.

In fact I've only seen 14 films of the top 50 on that list.

Edit: Only 33 of the top 100.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Shawshank Redemption. I've been meaning to watch it for... god-knows-how-long now.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Schlinder's List
followed by memento right after it

Been meaning to watch both for a while

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
#40 Terminator 2
#47 Hunger Games
#48 Wall-E

Paltheos

Without even looking I knew it was The Godfather (#10). I've cleaned up my "big movies I haven't seen" list recently though. I've seen allot of the stuff further down that I'd bet allot of my peers haven't seen.

Edit: For those of you who haven't seen The Shawshank Redemption, get on that, brehs. Fantastic movie.

For the record I watch a shitton of movies, but in this case I just...don't care.

That's ok, you're not missing anything good.

For me it's either Iron Man 3 (#84), which I don't remember if I saw. All those Marvel movies run together for me.

If I did see Iron Man 3 then it has to be Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part something(#93) because I didn't want to watch Harry Potter until I read the books, which I never did either.

Bleepey

You're missing out, it's one of the best films ever made. I have never seen Fellowship > I wanna make a day of it and watch every movie back to back.

SeanC

291: We're the Millers.

I watched half. Then stopped. If it wasn't on HBO I never would have watched that much.

370: Yes Man

Never bothered, though I've heard it's not that bad actually.

466: Fault in Our Stars

Eh...

That's the Top 500 I just glanced through, I think I'm fine not seeing any of them, actually.

The Godfather: Part II.

And even had I watched that the one right after: American History X.

Probably will get to them someday, I was kind of surprised it took that long before finding movie I had not seen.

You're missing out, it's one of the best films ever made. I have never seen Fellowship > I wanna make a day of it and watch every movie back to back.

I would personally watch the theatrical version instead of the extended, when you do. A. ) It'll make it shorter and easier to marathon. B.) If you enjoy the films, you can go back and watch the extended versions one at a time and see a few new scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom