• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the most-voted movie on IMDB you've never seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first movie there I've seen is Gladiator at number 14. I know this makes me a film heathen, but...meh. The classics have never massively intrigued me to be honest.

inm8num2

Mine is Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. I think I've only seen it in chunks, which is why I haven't rated it. LOL, the next one I haven't seen is PotC: At World's End.

Side rant: IMDb really needs some kind of filtering on their searches and lists. Browsing only unseen (not rated by user) titles on a top ___ list or even filmography for an actor/director/writer/etc. would be really helpful.

Salbug

Pulp Fiction. I've had it on my list for a while, but never really got around to it. I need to since Quentin Tarantino is one of my favorite directors.

subrock

vafyQ1P.gif

old

It's either 13) Se7en or 36) American History X.

I can't remember if I've seen Se7en or not. I know the ending. I can't remember if it's because I saw the movie or watched the clip YouTube. I know I have not seen American History X.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The Shawshank Redemption, that was easy. Was expecting it to be the Godfather, since I still haven't seen it.

zulux21

1. The Shawshank Redemption.

I've just never seen it. It's also like not on any streaming services to my knowledge.

yup number 1 for me
after that is...
number 5 pulp fiction
i've only seen parts of fight club and lord of the rings (only the first)
haven't seen number 9 at all (lord of the rings sequel)
nor
and i'll just leave it at those that I haven't seen in the top 50.

what can I say... I don't watch a ton of movies lol.

terrible

Banned
The Avengers. I don't like super hero movies at all. The only ones I've seen on that list are the Batman movies. Stuff like the Hunger Games, Guardians of the Galaxy, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc don't interest me other.

I've seen every movie I think is worth watching on that list except for Black Swan. I need to see that soon.

adj_noun

My highest ranking is 46 with. Léon: The Professional

Rest of the top 100:

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Slumdog Millionaire
Snatch
Die Hard (Note: I keep meaning to)
Requiem For a Dream
Gone Girl
Silver Linings Playbook
City of God
Amélie

15. The Avengers. I may have seen some of it on TV, I don't recall, but if I did it didn't make an impression. Don't particularly care for superhero movies.

Mashing

26. Schindler's List

and then Breaking Bad, but that's not a movie so I won't count it. The next movie would be One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest at 51.

20. Avatar

Everyone said it wasn't actually good and I was broke when it hit theatres so I skipped it. Afterwards, everyone said the 3D effect was the best thing about it so I never watched it at home.

I may never see it.

Ignoring the TV shows (I haven't seen any Game of Thrones) it would've #38 The Green Mile. The next up would be #95 Amelie. So I've seen quite a bit!

Um, yeahhh, don't trust IMDB's top movie list since the Dark Knight fanboys broke the list few years ago in a voting war with another movie.
That's the only reason why Shawshank is #1
(I think people counter voted with Shawshank, but idk it's been a while since it had.)

It's pretty obvious from the list that the majority of people voting are young male geeks. The preponderance of narrative mode at the top of that list pretty much seals the fact that the majority of people voting have never studied how to read film. There's no sin in that, and there's tons of great stuff on the list, but I wouldn't take this as any kind of serious ranking of critical examination of film.

Only seen bits and pieces of The Shawshank Redemption. Next up would be The Green Mile and The Hunger Games.

Whoa? at Shutter Island being so high on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom