• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the oldest meme you remember?

Status
Not open for further replies.

.JayZii

Banned
Trying to recall old memes is like trying to remember a dream.

Other than the dancing baby, "all your base are belong to us"... I guess?

BeeDog

Which one came first, the "Dancing baby" or "All your base..."? In any case, the one out of those two that came first, definitely.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time, I remember my coming home from school to the sounds of my mom cackling away.

Beyond that, a bunch of YTMND memes

Edit: Oh shit, Macarena is a meme isn't it? That one.

VVVV LMAO

ae8.png

Do shitty phone pranks count? Asking people if their fridge was running or if John Wall was there goes back as far as I can remember.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I never got into it but I remember seeing Ate My Balls websites on Yahoo before the turn of the millennium.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
After all your base popularized memes, it would have to be "Let me show you my pokemanz" inside of the inspirational black border that said "My Pokemanz,let me show you them"

I died laughing at that, and there were many copycats soon after

Probably something from Austin Powers. People went crazy quoting that movie whenever given half the chance.

Hamster dance too.

Where's the beef was before my time, but people still said it all the damn time.

TCKaos

BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER MUSHROOM MUSHROOM

But, like, modern memetics? Demotivational posters and Advice Dog.

Stasis

Dunno which is oldest. I remember pretty much all of these well. Goatse immediately came to mind when I read the topic title though. All your base was one I loved. O rly owl. Etc.

If you don't know goatse proceed with caution. Though I think the original image is harder to find now, it's NSFW. Maybe read an article about it beforehand.

Platy

wg15JPM.gif

Hated this...

all your base was 90s right

Probably La Bamba. But if we're speaking purely web, then hamsterdance.

BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER BADGER MUSHROOM MUSHROOM

But, like, modern memetics? Demotivational posters and Advice Dog.

...which came before ?
Because I remember all these ... including the dancing baby's cameon on Ally McBeal

On a related note, the first meme by my country tht I remember is O Cara Tussiu, a Jaspion misheard lyrics flash animation from the early 2000's

Stasis

Haha, Lemon Party too.

Goatse was/is fairly famous. Lots of amazing events occurred surrounding it in the late 90's and early 2000's. Like the L.A. Times website being inundated with it when it first started. Even fairly recently some Audi ads were kind of unintentionally Goatse and had to be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom