• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the oldest meme you remember?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pswii60

Indifferent2.gif

FyreWulff

you'll shoot your eye out, kid

also every internet webpage used to have the same Final Fantasy midi playing as background music. I don't remember which one it was, but if a site played music, it was always almost the same one. or "Chill" from Dr Mario.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Based on the broader definition of meme, here's some common misconceptions that spread round the old days of the web:

System of the Down performed that Legend of Zelda song thanks to mislabelling on Napster. The real group behind that tune was called The Rabbit Joint. Still come across people who believe this.

ROMs are legal as long as you delete them within 24 hours!

Though I suppose common misconceptions spread round the Internet would be its own seperate topic, like YouTubers who think they provide free "advertising" for companies when part of advertising is having control over the message.

Paracelsus

The
where da hood
one, mostly because the song was very loud and it eventually got in your head, more than the rickroll to tell you the truth.

EGM1966

Christ something ancient playground meme from when I was a kid probably in the mythical age of BI - that's before internet.

Memes are as old as us.

Bulk_Rate

As others have said, "All Your Base..."

Didn't realize it was a meme though until I saw it printed in the fine print on the back of the slipcover for my Bleem! disc !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom