• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the WORST superhero movie scene of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr-Joker

Banned
The American flag scene in all Raimi Spider-Man movies, it was stupid then and it was stupid now.

The death of Gwen Stacey in Amazing Spider-Man 2, they tried to absolve Peter of the blame and completely miss the point of why her death haunt Peter.

Every god time when Peter would take off his mask for no reason, in the comic he was super protective of his identity.

How lazy the final battle of every Raimi Spider-Man movies are, they recycle Peter having to save Mary-Jane in all 3 movies.

Off-topic can't wait for Spider-Man Homecoming. :D :D

Iceman

Spiderman 1

New Yorkers throw stones at the Green Goblin. Because his a baddy

Horrible scene.

Respectfully disagree. Coming off of 9/11, a near disaster movie set in NYC basically required that kind of scene.

Plus, nothing in Raimi's original 2 Spider-mans can be on the same list as one that includes anything from Catwoman.

DrArchon

The worst superhero movie I have ever seen in my opinion is the Captain America movie from the 90's so probably something from that.

Having only seen this on a BotW episode, that scene with the rocket is egregiously schlocky.

And then the follow-up where the president reveals he photographed him on the rocket that was travelling at mach 5 or whatever? Yeah.

PSqueak

Banned
But if you want a more normal definition

lvNU59D.jpg

If we had a thread of best scenes in the worst super hero movies, the Tom Cruise sequence in this always gets me.

Choomp

Banned
This and the runner up being this hot pile of garbage dumping on an already terrible villain... this is more offensive because Guardians was actually good up until then but Catwoman was terrible throughout...

12470064.gif

I don't get it, Guardians was this vibe the whole movie?

Surprised to not see the Marion Cotillard gif on the first page

Zackat

This and the runner up being this hot pile of garbage dumping on an already terrible villain... this is more offensive because Guardians was actually good up until then but Catwoman was terrible throughout...

12470064.gif

what? this was perfect

hydruxo

12470064.gif

Did you go to the bathroom for the whole movie and come back when this scene was happening? That scene was perfect.

Litan

The American flag scene in all Raimi Spider-Man movies, it was stupid then and it was stupid now.

Like someone says above, the movies came out not too long after 9/11.

Every god time when Peter would take off his mask for no reason, in the comic he was super protective of his identity.
Hard to have a character showing emotions while wearing a mask.
How lazy the final battle of every Raimi Spider-Man movies are, they recycle Peter having to save Mary-Jane in all 3 movies.

Don't remember MJ being involved in the first one. It was just a fist-fight between Spider-man and Goblin in abandoned ruins.
Second one was Spiderman trying convincing Octo not to go through with the sun-thingy experiment.
Third one, I dont remember much, but I;m pretty sure MJ wasnt there.

There's too many to list:

Mr. Fantastic's dance scene from Rise of the Silver Surfer.

This just for how stupid the story behind it was from Blade Trinity (Wesley Snipes refused to open his eyes)
516662_v1.gif

Daredevil Playground Scene with Elektra

Fucking Bat-Iceskates

The bat credit card is fucking hilarious.
I was hoping he would pull out some bat condoms and also say he never leaves home without them.

Batman & Robin: awkwardly edited Robin drowning scene, Poison Ivy defeated by plant scene, air boarding scene, Bane's origin and defeat scenes, Batgirl-ex-Machina-Alfred-computer-suiting-up-scene (seriously, just think about how dumb that last one is)

Daredevil: Playground fight

Amazing Spiderman: basketball scene (because who needs secret identities?)

Xmen Origins: Agent X tries to kill Wolverine with normal bullets right after having the adamantium bonding process explained to him, "Deadpool" fight, Gambit ladder scene

X3: Cyclops dies on the way back to his home planet.

BvS: death of Jimmy, Supes letting the bad guys get away when meeting Batman the first time, Supes letting everyone get blown up, Lex ding ding, Martha, the flash scene for its sheer lack of context and pure incomprehensible costume and dialogue choices

Nobody ever cites the actual worst scene in Spider-man 3, when MJ breaks up with Peter on the bridge at the park

But that gave us "So good" and winking pie gifs, clearly they were iconic moments of cinema.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Nobody ever cites the actual worst scene in Spider-man 3, when MJ breaks up with Peter on the bridge at the park

Harry: MJ, go break-up with Peter or I will kill him.

Mary Jane: Okay.

(Mary Jane and Peter meet up in highly isolated location where they cannot be overheard)

Peter: Hello, my love.

Mary Jane: Harry said he'd kill you if I didn't break up with you. Obviously I'm not going to do that because you're Spiderman, who can punch through brick walls and beat up hundreds of tough guys at a time whilst fighting off far more intimidating super-villains every other Tuesday. Harry poses no real physical threat to you and his plan makes no sense.

Peter: Agreed.

(Peter goes to find Harry, promptly beats the shit out of him)

(Mary Jane and Peter meet up in highly isolated location where they cannot be overheard)

Mary Jane: Harry said he'd kill you if I didn't break up with you. Obviously I'm not going to do that because you're Spiderman, who can punch through brick walls and beat up hundreds of tough guys at a time whilst fighting off far more intimidating super-villains every other Tuesday. Harry poses no real physical threat to you and his plan makes no sense.

Wasn't Harry watching the both of them, or am I remembering that wrong?

Paulie_C

Neo Member
Spider-Man, great movie but that scene where Aunt May is praying but Green Goblin shows up and tells her to finish it because the next line is "Deliver us from evil". I cringe every time watching that.

Spider-Man 3, the Peter dance scene has been mentioned but what about every single scene involving MJ and Harry especially the cooking one. There is no chemistry between the two of them at all.

Iron Man 2 Drunk Tony at the party.

You really get the sense that Raimi wanted this to be a Goblin 2 film, but it all had to be pushed aside for studio-mandated Sandman/Venom drama. An entire film of Harry fucking with Peter's life while pretending to be his dead father in costume would have been something else.

It's wrong in the sense that the reasoning is bullshit and Batman effectively killed him and is pretending his moral code is intact.

Actually, that monster Gordon killed him, by blowing up the tracks.

Lord Fagan

Every now and again I will have a horrible, horrible nightmare involving Jason Alexander's character from Blank-Man.

Hard. Edge. Dishin',

(shudders)

SpaceWolf

Banned
Wasn't Harry watching the both of them, or am I remembering that wrong?

He was, but he was standing about a mile away from them, well-out of earshot, without any of his weapons and gear. His presence there meant nothing. Mary Jane could have just pointed Harry out for Peter right then and there, so her super-powered boyfriend could give the creep a good hiding.

12470064.gif

You are a bad person and should feel bad about yourself.

Jigorath

Banned
You really get the sense that Raimi wanted this to be a Goblin 2 film, but it all had to be pushed aside for studio-mandated Sandman/Venom drama. An entire film of Harry fucking with Peter's life while pretending to be his dead father in costume would have been something else.

Actually, that monster Gordon killed him, by blowing up the tracks.

I think Raimi was originally interested in a Sandman/Vulture movie but the studio pushed for Venom because of his popularity and then they realized Franco wasn't gonna reup on his contract so they had to rush to conclude his arc too. Too many behind the scenes politics killed what could have been a great finale to Raimi's trilogy.

Batman & Robin: awkwardly edited Robin drowning scene, Poison Ivy defeated by plant scene, air boarding scene, Bane's origin and defeat scenes, Batgirl-ex-Machina-Alfred-computer-suiting-up-scene (seriously, just think about how dumb that last one is)

Daredevil: Playground fight

Amazing Spiderman: basketball scene (because who needs secret identities?)

Xmen Origins: Agent X tries to kill Wolverine with normal bullets right after having the adamantium bonding process explained to him, "Deadpool" fight, Gambit ladder scene

X3: Cyclops dies on the way back to his home planet.

BvS: death of Jimmy, Supes letting the bad guys get away when meeting Batman the first time, Supes letting everyone get blown up, Lex ding ding, Martha, the flash scene for its sheer lack of context and pure incomprehensible costume and dialogue choices

But that gave us "So good" and winking pie gifs, clearly they were iconic moments of cinema.

Holy shit I forgot about this. Is this the worst death in superhero movie history?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom