• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's this P90X workout stuff?

quadriplegicjon said:
How is your wife holding up with it? Was she in generally good shape before hand?

I'm trying to motivate my fiance with this.. so I am thinking of getting the P90 instead.. she is a bit out of shape...

If she's not excersizing now, start with P90. It's not EXTREME but it gives results.

Ace 8095

If you're thinking about doing P90x but want to train in an actual gym I suggest Crossfit. They are pretty similar except Crossfit has barbell exercises which I think are necessary if drastically increasing strength is the goal. Having a coach who can teach you correct form on the compound lifts is invaluable if you want to continue increasing strength and fitness after the first few months.

negitoro7 said:
Depends what you do in the gym. p90x gives you functional strength that can applied to sports and everyday (tough) tasks. Whereas, if you hit the gym and do nothing but curls, you won't look or perform like an athlete, you would just look like someone who has a lot of time on his hands.

Exactly.

Curls are mostly realistically mostly worthless outside of aesthetics, imo.

Now let's see someone on P90X push their broken down car a few miles vs. someone that is at the gym squatting, deadlifting, and benching. I'd put my money on the gym rat in getting there the quickest. I have heard nearly universal praise for P90X, though I wonder if it's just that Tony is some how very motivating and that is the key to the programs success. I'm glad to see something mass market that seems like a relatively solid routine helping to get Americans or whoever off their ass and working out; not sure I buy into "muscle confusion," but I haven't really looked into it much honestly.

VelvetMouth said:
It's good. When Mr Mouth and I started we could hardly do the push ups :lol but it's amazing how quickly you build strenght and are able to do more in just a week or two.

We used to have a whole gym set up and treadmill at home but we're both losers who are too intimidated to try and work routines out for ourselves. P90 really works best for us. The diet for P90 is also less extreme than for P90X. You get tiers of what to eat from which is not a problem for us as we eat pretty decent already. We have to work on portion control though.

Totally agree. It's definitely a good beginning, especially if you're starting from zero. My only issue is I haven't been completely sticking to the diet. No major slip ups, but I did eat a cheese burger last weekend. :lol

Jokergrin said:
can someone elaborate on P90 vs P90X?

I can help with P90.

Diet: Less extreme than P90X. You get a guide called MICHI'S Ladder. It gives you tiers from which you pick you food from detailing what counts ast a Carb, Fat and Protein. It has a good little guide on figuring out how many calories you should eat and how many to burn to lose fat. They want you to eat 5 smaller meals per day. Fitday.com is the best tool you can use to keep track of your diet and how many calories you consume. It's free and easy to use.

Excersizes range from yoga, to strengh and Ab Ripper. It's a 4 phase program where you start off doing easier workouts and then you build up until you complete the bootcamp over 90 days. You use the same equipment, dumbbells or resistance bands. The guide says men in reasonable shape start with the purple(R4) bands and by the end of the program you would graduate to (R8) green bands for more resistance.

They also recommend a heart rate monitor to monitor your intensity level. Mr Mouth used one, I couldn't be bothered because I was sweating and dying which is good enough for me.

garks

Banned
I tried the Chest + Shoulders P90X exercise and couldn't get past the 25 minute mark. Afterwards my triceps were swollen - like very visibly much larger - for about 3 days. Maybe I did it wrong but I'm definitely going to start this soon.

The problem with programs like P90/P90X and even Crossfit is that while people say they are "functional", they don't know how to define functional. A curl is functional if it lets you carry more wood from the wood pile to the stove inside. The word "functional" needs to die.

P90X and workouts like it are GREAT at what they are intended for: getting "in shape". Which, for 99% of the population, is losing fat and gaining some muscle. For most of the population, a ripped 160 lb'er is the pinnacle of being in shape, and this is fine. People will get stronger on P90/P90X, because of progression and adaptation to the movements, and because most people who try it are beginners, and beginners adapt to everything.

P90X is not going to increase your squat, increase your vertical, increase your 400m time, etc., better than specialized training will. And that's fine. P90X is good at what it does and that's all that matters to most people.

Jugendstil said:
Totally agree. It's definitely a good beginning, especially if you're starting from zero. My only issue is I haven't been completely sticking to the diet. No major slip ups, but I did eat a cheese burger last weekend. :lol

We did the eat really well for 6 days and then cheat on day 7 diet. I think I found it on the Beach Body forums. You confuse your body from reaching a plateau by eating more calories on one day. I don't know how true that is but we loved our cheating days :lol

I'm pretty out of shape. It's been like three years since I did any major exercise. I'm not like fat or anything, I'm only about 200lbs and I'm 6'3", but I don't have endurance, and I have very poor upper body strength. We're talking like 15 pushups max poor (if that). I'm looking for an exercise routine to get toned and build some muscle mass because I've finally settled into my first job out of college and I have a bunch of free time. I'm getting married next year and it wouldn't hurt to be in shape for that either, although wearing a tux always makes you look good, heh.

I guess my question is, what activity/fitness level do you need to get started with P90X? Can you start it and perhaps repeat the first two weeks, using them as a guide to get you ready for the real deal? I have some dumbbells and a curl bar at home (I have a nice 400lbs weight set), but I have no chinup bar. Is it recommended that you get a chinup bar, or will bands be good enough for that?

My family seems to have the genetic tendency to get built pretty damn fast. My dad is in his last 50s, and hasn't been to the gym in like 30 years, but he still has muscles that make some weight lifters jealous, but he gets it from the construction work/heavy lifting he does for a living. When I did work out a little bit my biceps started to bulk up pretty quick, but that was like six years ago when I was 19 :lol

Rur0ni

AbortedWalrusFetus said:
I guess my question is, what activity/fitness level do you need to get started with P90X? Can you start it and perhaps repeat the first two weeks, using them as a guide to get you ready for the real deal? I have some dumbbells and a curl bar at home (I have a nice 400lbs weight set), but I have no chinup bar. Is it recommended that you get a chinup bar, or will bands be good enough for that?

l
There's a pre-test guide thing in the manual/book. A sort of minimum requirements. After giving it a quick gander... I can't imagine a human being not being able to meet them unless they are in terrible shape+grossly overweight. :p

cbox

I eat well regardless and do some of the workouts from time to time. I really need a chinup bar to do some of the chest and back exercises. Be prepared to get fucking owned though. I did the ab ripper X and was out of commission for a few days. I did the plyometrics once I recovered only to be sent BACK into painville.

Just like the guy says, you'll hate and love it... good luck!

It comes down to you. You will not make progress by missing days. I think p90x is set up to make you go and work out everyday.... But even then you have to get off your ass and do it.

p90x is for people who don't wanna just use a personal trainer to gain some mass and continue alone.

EDIT: I used a personal trainer for 5 months, increased my max bench from 90 to 235, squats from 120 to 275, dead lift from 80 to 215. Metabloic rate is sky high and I just do cardio and small weights high rep to cut. Will use trainer to bulk again during winter.

I think that is a good way to go... this is coming from someone who hated weight training and just did cardio all day long and never losing a lb.

p90x, solo, trainer, whatever... It all comes down to making a daily commitment... For me it was seeing a live traininer who could make fun of me if I missed days.... XD a video cant do that. :lol Remeber Cardio twice a day 45mins, and Weights 3-4 times a week will get ANYONE in shape (If you have never trained before and you are young)

NG28

I do it. The only thing that might turn people off is you have to commit yourself to it. You do something everyday for 90 days. You have the choice to take a break once a week but that's all if you want to follow the program.

If you want to get huge I would say just lift weights, but if you're looking to lose some weight and get ripped this would be a good way to go.

I'm sort of skinny, only 160lb at 5'10, but I've been trying to gain weight while doing this and so far it has worked pretty well.

Anth0ny

I have it. I did it. IT WORKS.

I didn't even follow the diet plan and the results were absolutely phenomenal. A bunch of friends are doing it as well, and it's working great for all of them. Teens, adults, males, and females, the results are there.

Now I feel like Tony Horton advertising this thing :lol

SnakeSlashRO said:
It comes down to you. You will not make progress by missing days. I think p90x is set up to make you go and work out everyday.... But even then you have to get off your ass and do it.

p90x is for people who don't wanna just use a personal trainer to gain some mass and continue alone.

EDIT: I used a personal trainer for 5 months, increased my max bench from 90 to 235, squats from 120 to 275, dead lift from 80 to 215. Metabloic rate is sky high and I just do cardio and small weights high rep to cut. Will use trainer to bulk again during winter.

I think that is a good way to go... this is coming from someone who hated weight training and just did cardio all day long and never losing a lb.

p90x, solo, trainer, whatever... It all comes down to making a daily commitment... For me it was seeing a live traininer who could make fun of me if I missed days.... XD a video cant do that. :lol Remeber Cardio twice a day 45mins, and Weights 3-4 times a week will get ANYONE in shape (If you have never trained before and you are young)

Very true. Ideally, I would be working with a trainer, but I just don't have the money for it at the moment.

It's 100% true that the commitment to the workouts and diet is what makes it work. That's what has always worked for me in the past and that's what being successful in losing weight and getting in shape requires, no matter what you do. I still have like 80 days left in my program, I am really hoping I can stick it out and get through it but even after the 80 days are up, I'm still going to have dedicate myself to some form of exercise. Oh well, I'm not going to worry about that yet. I have the entire P90x routine to look forward to after I finish P90. Joy. At least I'll know I can do a pull up!

Rur0ni

Anth0ny said:
I have it. I did it. IT WORKS.

I didn't even follow the diet plan and the results were absolutely phenomenal. A bunch of friends are doing it as well, and it's working great for all of them. Teens, adults, males, and females, the results are there.

Now I feel like Tony Horton advertising this thing :lol
Yeah, it's almost cult like disturbing. ;)

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Was already done, but fuck it...

140meci.jpg

kaiwing

Right now I'm way past obese. I'm 5'11" and have ballooned up to 240lbs. I have a large gut, everywhere else is fine. The thing is I wasn't always this way, but it scared me how much I blew up in 2 yrs.

I do agree with other posters that the people they show beforehand didn't really look that bad. Regardless, a cousin of mine ordered it and tried it out with his family one weekend. They cursed his name and hated him for the unmerited pain he inflicted upon them. :lol
I'll call him today to see if he can dust it off and give it to me to do.

Hari Seldon said:
Alright you bastards talked me into it. :lol

What is the best place to buy it? Just from the beach body website?

Heh, same here. I really just want to cut weight, and I've definitely got the time to commit to this.

Where is the cheapest place to buy this thing?

Anth0ny

garks said:
I tried the Chest + Shoulders P90X exercise and couldn't get past the 25 minute mark. Afterwards my triceps were swollen - like very visibly much larger - for about 3 days. Maybe I did it wrong but I'm definitely going to start this soon.

Week One is always torture.

The first exercise you'll be doing is Chest and Back. I paused the video multiple times during that workout (it's fine to take a couple of seconds of a break) because I just couldn't take it. However, I finished it and did Abs. When I got into the shower, I could barely raise my arm to turn on the shower or soap myself. It was that bad :lol

Plyo the next day was just as bad. I was huffing and puffing like a madman, pausing a lot, and it didn't help that my entire upper body was burning from yesterday.

However, once I reached day 3, Shoulders and Arms, I was somehow able to complete it without pausing even once. The burn from day one was still there, but the stretch and warm up at the beginning of each exercise really helps get rid of any burn you may have.

I finished the first week, didn't pause once since day 2. Finally, I reached Chest and Back again for week two. I was able to complete the entire workout without pausing, and I increased the intensity from the week before! I felt, as the douches from Harold and Kumar would say, FUCKING EXTREME!!!!!!!

Seriously, that first week is the hard part, especially those first two days. You need to grind it out, drink your protein, and pause the DVD if you feel like your arms are going to explode. I couldn't do the second set of Diamond Pushups on the first day of Chest and Back. Now, I can do 15 no problem.

When I was looking into buying it, I couldn't really find any cheaper than on the beachbody.com web site. There were a couple of places that had it a bit cheaper, but it wasn't in stock or would have taken 1-2 weeks before it even shipped.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Well you guys convinced me. Just ordered it, got the chin up bar as well.
I used to be in great shape and desperately want to get back to that so I'm gonna try it. I haven't worked out in a long time though so I have a feeling this is going to be brutal.

oatmeal

Banned
I'm just about to finish my second week.

Following the diet as close as I can (feel like I'm undereating a lot, actually), and I'm getting a little leaner by the day. I don't expect it overnight, nor should you.

One problem I have with the diet is that it just gives serving blocks...but there's no rhyme or reason as to why. How come an English muffin is 1/2 a carb serving whereas two pieces of bread or a single tortilla wrap is 1?

I wish there was a guide that said "one carb serving is 25 grams of carbs"...bam! I know what to eat.

And there's a lot of crossover...my protein shakes have a decent amount of carbs, my protein bars have a bit of them as well...but they don't count against carbs, they count against snacks?

It's pretty fucked up.

I'm excited to see where I am at days 30, 60 and 90, though.

reaver18

Soka said:
Exactly.

Now let's see someone on P90X push their broken down car a few miles vs. someone that is at the gym squatting, deadlifting, and benching. I'd put my money on the gym rat in getting there the quickest. I have heard nearly universal praise for P90X, though I wonder if it's just that Tony is some how very motivating and that is the key to the programs success. I'm glad to see something mass market that seems like a relatively solid routine helping to get Americans or whoever off their ass and working out; not sure I buy into "muscle confusion," but I haven't really looked into it much honestly.
what? no matter how you're working out, it's going to create more muscle and strength and of course be functional. the point of p90x is it changes the routines so you don't plateau. anyway, everyone worksout differently and whatever works for you go with it.

Scissors, get it?

Tony is so funny and creepy at the same time. He looks like a cool dude.

I think the hardest part about P90X is the diet. Before I ate whatever I wanted and whenever. Now after much struggle and withdrawals, I feel SUPER guilty about breaking any of the diet recommendations. Like if I eat less than 3 hours before I go to bed, I start feeling like shit.

Corn cobs are fucking insane.

JB1981

Mr. Snrub said:
The problem with programs like P90/P90X and even Crossfit is that while people say they are "functional", they don't know how to define functional. A curl is functional if it lets you carry more wood from the wood pile to the stove inside. The word "functional" needs to die.

P90X and workouts like it are GREAT at what they are intended for: getting "in shape". Which, for 99% of the population, is losing fat and gaining some muscle. For most of the population, a ripped 160 lb'er is the pinnacle of being in shape, and this is fine. People will get stronger on P90/P90X, because of progression and adaptation to the movements, and because most people who try it are beginners, and beginners adapt to everything.

P90X is not going to increase your squat, increase your vertical, increase your 400m time, etc., better than specialized training will. And that's fine. P90X is good at what it does and that's all that matters to most people.

Great post, Snrub.

baultista

Banned
Soka said:
Exactly.

P90X's super-amazing "muscle confusion" concept is just based around the fact that your body adapts to movements over time and becomes more efficient at them, causing your rate of improvement to slow down and eventually flatline. When that happens you need to use the muscles in a different way, which "confuses" them. You're now doing something that your body is relatively inefficient at, thus creating more muscle fibre tears and caloric burn (essential for muscle growth and fat loss, respectively). Over time your body adapts to the movements and becomes more efficient at them, and the cycle continues again.

LogicStep

I'm at 6'3 and 200lbs, in decent shape as far as stamina and body go. I think I'm going to try this out. I tried it once already but I wasn't in the shape I'm in now and it killed me, didn't last a week. But now I'm motivated to do it for the whole time. Let's see how much this really helps.

methodman

Banned
I want to get this too, but I'm kind of on the skinnier side. Would I still be able to gain weight while doing this? I'm 6'2 175 trying to get up to 185 or more.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
I think P90X is good enough for the average schmo.

Last year I got into fitness and bought a rack, full set of weights, bench, etc. I worked out pretty strictly for 5 months. I also ate properly and took my supplements. However, even with Starting Strength as my guide, I felt that I didn't come close to maximizing my time and gains. In the end, I know I didn't push myself hard enough on each exercise, etc. I wish I had a personal trainer to push me.

I've only used P90X for a week, but I can tell that for me (and probably a lot of other people), having the exercises right there in your face with instructions and a timer is a godsend. Whereas before I would do a set number of reps with a pre-set weight I was calculating from the previous week. Now, I'm pushing my body way harder than I did last year.

Sure, in the end, I won't be as big and jacked as if I stuck to a normal bodybuilding program. But I'm not looking to win any contests here. I just want to get in good, solid, physical shape.

Maybe it's lack of knowledge and discipline, but again, for the common J6P, I think a system like P90X is perfect. If your circumstances allow you to join a proper gym with the proper instructor/instructions, then that is a more than a viable solution. For the isolated and ignorant individuals such as myself, I wish I started with P90X from the beginning.

Chichikov said:
You'll be hard pressed to find a system that doesn't work for untrained individuals.
So yeah, if you're not doing any exercise, getting on it will most likely yield great results.
However, everything I know about p90x left me extremely unimpressed, and some of its basic principles like "muscle confusion" are just ridiculous pseudo-science.
Also, the best tell that a program might be BS is that it makes claim about getting you "cut".

Yea, that "muscle confusion" crap is marketing bullshit. But the exercises are solid and accessible to the average person.

Chichikov

baultista said:
P90X's super-amazing "muscle confusion" concept is just based around the fact that your body adapts to movements over time and becomes more efficient at them, causing your rate of improvement to slow down and eventually flatline. When that happens you need to use the muscles in a different way, which "confuses" them. You're now doing something that your body is relatively inefficient at, thus creating more muscle fibre tears and caloric burn (essential for muscle growth and fat loss, respectively). Over time your body adapts to the movements and becomes more efficient at them, and the cycle continues again.
There’s absolutely no science to back up these claims.

I’ll quote myself from the fitness thread:

You'll be hard pressed to find a system that doesn't work for untrained individuals.
So yeah, if you're not doing any exercise, getting on it will most likely yield great results.
However, everything I know about p90x left me extremely unimpressed, and some of its basic principles like "muscle confusion" are just ridiculous pseudo-science.
Also, the best tell that a program might be BS is that it makes claim about getting you "cut".

So in short (and take it with a grain of salt, I have no personal experience with this program, I base it on what I read and what I see at the gym) it's a program I would not recommend, but if it's that or nothing, go for it.

My cousin is doing this. He's now on his second tier or whatever now. He was an athlete in HS, but that faded in his 30s. He went from being kinda mid-30s semi-doughy to freaking ripped and just big enough. He looks like an olympic gymnast, sorta...except he's 6'8" tall, which is pretty exceptional.

JayDub

P90X is expensive as fuck, but it was (and still is, to this day) the hardest workout I've ever received. Personally never experienced muscle confusion because I have 2-3 variations of certain workouts and just switch up every week. I never allow my body to get used to the same routine or set. I really didnt need 12 dvds worth, but...IT WORKS. Only infomercial I bought from and never regretted.

What I loved about the set is, their cardio routines. Anyone can do pushups, chinups, supermans...but cardio is in a whole different league. You really need to have the right stance, targeting the right muscles, and be careful not to pull anything.

Difference between the 2 is like night and day for me. Like playing a racing game with Natal's imaginary wheel and a G25.

LogicStep

Only thing that I am NOT looking forward to is the diet aspect of this. Not because I will have to eat certain things, but getting all this food and getting it ready is so troublesome.

OmniGamer

I lucked out and caught a one-day only promotion from QVC that allowed select products to be purchased via their Flex-Pay system for 5 monthtly payments, instead of just 2. So with tax and shipping it all comes to 5 payments of $28 and change. It also came with the magenta colored resistance band(20lb equivalent), but i eventually ordered the extreme kit from the website, which has the green, blue, and black bands(40, 45, and 50lb equivalent respectively). I pretty much still just use my dumbbells though, at least for now, but I like the feel of the bands for the bicep movements. Great negative resistance.

I don't plan to buy too much stuff from their store though(like the $90 yoga mat, etc)...i just ordered the results and recovery formula, just to see how i respond to it, and since i've heard good things in general about that kind of carb-to-protein ratio for a post workout shake. And I already got the IronGym pullup bar from last december.

I HATE that their store charges seperate shipping for everything, even if you order multiple items together, which should all come in the same box. $6.95 shipping a pop, plus tax? Screw that. And why is the creatine powder given a 2 payment option, and nothing else?

I did want a heartrate monitor though, and got the same strapless model cheaper via the bodybuilding.com store($60, instead of $75 at beachbody.com), along with a men's multivitamin and protein powder to kick it just over $100 to qualify for the no payments for 90 days BillMeLater option. God I love BillMeLater!

ChiTownBuffalo said:
P90X works different muscle groups/aspects of fitness everyday. So, example, day one you do chest and back. Day 2 is plyometrics and Day 3 is Arms and shoulders.

So you are resting the specific muscle groups, well, resting them from primary usage anyway.

Doing it 6 times a week ups the intensity and encourages your metabolism and stamina.

I had to wake up a couple hours before normal so I could do it. But now, it's kind of second nature to me, about 6 months into it. And I have enough energy to incorporate training in MMA in the evenings.

I downloaded this but i mostly stick to the videos I feel i need the most. I do muay thai right now, miiiight journey into mma, but i never thought i could do both in a day. so you wake up early int he mornings, do this, and then at night train mma? I need to get that motivation.

JB1981 said:
Great post, Snrub.

Just trying to do my part!

methodman said:
I want to get this too, but I'm kind of on the skinnier side. Would I still be able to gain weight while doing this? I'm 6'2 175 trying to get up to 185 or more.

I'm sure you'll gain some muscle while also leaning out on P90X. A lot of us over in the Fitness thread can share our experiences with weight gain. I went from 165 or so to 200 lbs myself (5'10").

Chichikov said:
So in short (and take it with a grain of salt, I have no personal experience with this program, I base it on what I read and what I see at the gym) it's a program I would not recommend, but if it's that or nothing, go for it.

I just think its funny that people are so amazed what hard work and proper eating will do. I also think that P90X helps people indulge in the "sore/burn=hard workout/I'm working hard" factor, which is rewarding for a lot of people and used as a source of motivation.

suffah said:
Maybe it's lack of knowledge and discipline, but again, for the common J6P, I think a system like P90X is perfect. If your circumstances allow you to join a proper gym with the proper instructor/instructions, then that is a more than a viable solution. For the isolated and ignorant individuals such as myself, I wish I started with P90X from the beginning.

I think for the average beginner who wants to get in shape and isn't sure what to do, you're probably right, as getting "in shape" is the end goal. It's hard to beat Starting Strength for a beginner's program to get bigger and stronger though.

Maximus.

my friend is doin it right now, hes been doin it for a few months. Before he was a bigger dude, not really fat but thick. After doin it for a few months i didnt even recognize him, hes toned, slim and really fit. Only thing i dont like is how u have to buy all of the equipment but from wat ive seen id recommend it to anyone.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Yeah, I agree that "functional" strength is a nebulous term. I winced even as I used it (in caps, no less :p But to me at least, function strength represents the ability to do DAILY activities. Stuff like help that cute chick move her stuff in, dash up some stairs at the office to make it to a meeting, shovel snow, mow the yard, go camping and carry the camp stove the wife insists you bring, all without getting huffy and puffy. P90x does a lot of ab and lower back strengthening, which is key to prevent folks from throwing out their back picking up groceries (done that a few times, oh it sucks!) or busting their knees and ankles when skiing or something.

It is a different goal and mindset from the days when I would go to the gym with Schwarzeneggars big ass book, open it to a chapter, and just do everything he said I should do to get a chest big enough to rest a cup on :)

On a related note, I do use his recovery drink. Mainly because of the taste, I suppose. It does help bring you back from the brink of exhaustion post-workout. I'm not a big creatine proponent, but I think it has some of that in there as well. It is priced about at what other recovery drink formulas ggo for at GNC unless you can get a sale. I use the South Beach bars as snacks, never tried his.

Futureman

Why not just play some baseball with friends, go shoot some hopes, go for a jog, eat healthy?

Why are people such psychos over this stuff? Don't mean to offend, just confuses me the extremes people take.

Futureman said:
Why not just play some baseball with friends, go shoot some hopes, go for a jog, eat healthy?

Why are people such psychos over this stuff? Don't mean to offend, just confuses me the extremes people take.

Because people are vain, and seeing results from exercise and serious training is very addictive. I was never very athletic as a kid, but once I was in college I lost a ton of weight by exercising and eating properly. I always look at as exercise as one of the few things in life where if you work hard, you will be rewarded with results. There's no bullshit to it. Yes, you plateau every once in awhile, but it's a huge rush to realize that you committed to something and can actually see positive results from it. It's also fun to compete with yourself and see how much further you can go. Aside from that, doing routines like this (or working with a trainer etc.) can improve your performance in all the activities you listed.

Futureman said:

Do you have a hobby or anything you enjoy doing?

Top Bottom