• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's Your Favorite Flavor Ice Cream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Tiger Tail is indeed pretty great. Wish I had some of that right now

For me the appeal of peanut butter cups is their softness, especially when they are close to melting. So I never understood eating them in an ice cream, big frozen chunks that seem to lose all of the flavor.

First thing I do upon buying peanut butter cups is throw them in the fridge or freezer. I don't know how to describe the taste. It just works for me.

Honestly, though, it's pretty hard to find bad ice cream. I can probably count -- on two fingers -- the amount of times I've disliked a flavour.

All the nuts. Hazelnut, almond, pecan, pistaschio. Especially good when paired with a hot desert like a waffle.

If there are nuts in front of me, they'll go in my mouth.

You're not to far off and from most answers so far I say we have a winner at Cookies and Cream,but......

turkey+hill+stuffd+double+cookies+n+cream.jpg

Double Stuffed Cookies and Cream is the g.o.at. I dare anyone to find a better challenger for the crown.

Get out! ;). That isn't even ice cream, it's a "Frozen Dairy Desert", as the FDA mandates that "Ice Cream" must meet certain minimum requirements and this variety doesn't cut it. The fact the ingredients list is as long as your arm, is a big give away.

As some may recall, I made the mistake of buying a Breyers cherry frozen dairy desert and it was vile (super artificial) and complained. They sent me a coupon that allowed me try any other variety, which was a very good move on their part as their chocolate "ice cream" is delicious and I have re-bought on several occasions.

tumblr_ln98fuLOAi1qg38ico1_500.png

Blue moon, it has a very distinct taste that I haven't been able to identify in any other product.

Word. Blue moon is awesome. I always get a scoop when I visit my local Chocolate Factory.

We also have a gelatto (sp?) place nearby that does an awesome pistachio flavor.

nictron

Chocolate Malted Crunch - Thrifty

Raspberry Sorbet - Haagen Dazs

Coffee - Haagen Dazs

Cherry Garcia - Ben and Jerry's

Word. Blue moon is awesome. I always get a scoop when I visit my local Chocolate Factory.

We also have a gelatto (sp?) place nearby that does an awesome pistachio flavor.
I love it too. Rare to meet others who have even heard of it.

I've been eating it since I was a kid and to this day I cannot quite place the flavor when someone asks me about it. Best I can describe is akin to the flavor of the milk left behind after eating a bowl of fruit loops. So glad my local ice cream shop has it.

Marven

tumblr_ln98fuLOAi1qg38ico1_500.png

Blue moon, it has a very distinct taste that I haven't been able to identify in any other product.

Blue moon is so damn good, and absolutely my favorite ice cream. I ordered some Blue Moon online back when I was living in New England since it seems like no one outside of Michigan, Indiana, or Illinois has ever heard of it.

espher

A /good/ cotton candy ice cream is the GOAT for me.

There was also a flavour that I used to be able to find that was like a richer butterscotch ripple, but I'll be damned if I can remember what it was called.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
My favorite store-bought ice cream is probably still Half Baked

half-baked-detail.png

People mentioning Haagen Dazs caramel cone know whats up too, that's the best HD offering for sure.

For more regional stuff, there's a place by me that makes their own ice cream and has a Vanilla Malt Brownie flavor that is god damn outrageous.

VanWinkle

You're not to far off and from most answers so far I say we have a winner at Cookies and Cream,but......

turkey+hill+stuffd+double+cookies+n+cream.jpg

2kHwIFV.gif

Double Stuffed Cookies and Cream is the g.o.at. I dare anyone to find a better challenger for the crown.

Oh my goodness. I bought that a few months ago at Kroger and it really was the best thing ever. I can't stop thinking about it.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Vanilla/French Vanilla
Cookie Dough
Pralines n' Cream
Kawartha Dairy Creamy Orange (why is this not in stores? I can only get it up North at an ice cream shop)

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
I like fruit in my ice cream. For some reason, no one seems to want wander beyond strawberry. Why is that? I always go for Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia, because I just can't seem to find too many other places that serve black cherry ice cream.

Dairy Queen does a tropical blizzard with Pineapple, Banana, and Coconut that I think is divine.

Anyone else do a fruity ice cream that ISN'T strawberry?

EDIT:
2465-sm.png

Holy crap. Where can I find this???

i remember when we were kids someone would order superman ice cream thinking they were cool and then pretended it tasted awesome. IT'S VANILLA, IDIOT!!

zeopower6

I like fruit in my ice cream. For some reason, no one seems to want wander beyond strawberry. Why is that? I always go for Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia, because I just can't seem to find too many other places that serve black cherry ice cream.

Dairy Queen does a tropical blizzard with Pineapple, Banana, and Coconut that I think is divine.

Anyone else do a fruity ice cream that ISN'T strawberry?

EDIT:
2465-sm.png

Holy crap. Where can I find this???

I believe there's Magnolia ice cream (Filipino brand) that does some fruity ones like mango.

I really like chocolate chip cookie dough with extra dough. After that is fugde brownie, then mousetracks, and finally plain chocolate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom