• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your favorite potato chip (crisps) flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

I was once obsessed with Ketchup chips, but these days I'm partial to my old standby--onion and sour cream.

In terms of my most hated flavor?

Sait and Vinegar.

Absolutely disgusting! I never understood the love for that flavor. Too astringent.

Dio

Banned
sea salt and vinegar.

not even trolling because it's your most hated, it was the only kind of chip I ate for my entire childhood. the kettle ones specifically.

Cheese and onion! Sour creams probably second.

Ready salted and salt and vinegar are my least favourite. They always give me mouth ulcers.

Ready Salted. Also, Honey BBQ.

Not a fan of Salt & Vinegar, although I do love vinegar on fish and chips - the vinegar flavouring in crisps is far too sharp for my tastes.

jesu

Paprika or cheese n chive Pringles.

I'm on a diet though and don't get to eat pringles anymore now :(

Skips and Quavers are my limits.
And some weird lo fat shit my gf gets.

jediyoshi

KsKm1LD.jpg

Life.

entremet

sea salt and vinegar.

not even trolling because it's your most hated, it was the only kind of chip I ate for my entire childhood. the kettle ones specifically.

Everyone has different tastes, so no biggie.

Brands do vary in quality and I've only tried the cheaper ones--Wise and Utz.

Salt and vinegar chips are my long time faves, but i recently fell in love with Lay's kettle cooked lattice cut aged cheddar and black peppar chips... Man that's a mouthful.

Rad-

I like the nacho and cheese flavored ones.

Worst flavor is probably BBQ. I generally love everything BBQ but I dislike it in chips.

Kyoufu

Cheese n Onion squares are the best for that.
Salt n Vinegar is no bad too.

is this like Dominos pizza where it's shit in some countries and good in another?

Pringles is basically cardboard here in England. I'm not even exaggerating or being a food snob. It's fucking cardboard.

Liljagare

Gold Member
estrella_dill.png

Estrella makes the best chips ever. I find Pringles tp be cardboard and Lays leave a funky gumminess in your mouth.

And then their dipmixes, just mix with sourcream:

estrella-dipmix-bearnaise-24g-250x384px-250x384.png
dipper-tortilla-big1-185x250.png
dipper-american-big-185x250.png
dipmix_185_2501.png

I actually tried to setup a import in the early 90's to the USA, because I thought the chips there were found wanting, turns out they couldn't due to some trade agreement with other manufacturers. Always wondered what that was about, the great chip conspiracy!!

Defo cheese and onion.

My favourite crisps are:

Kettles is kind of a write in for all those "posh" cheese and onion crisps that everyone does these days. Most of them are pretty damn good. Cool Original doritos, cheese & onion squares and Roast Beef & Mustard brannigans are all distinctive to those brands- no one else does those flavours quite the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom