• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your favorite potato chip (crisps) flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
estrella_dill.png

Estrella makes the best chips ever. I find Pringles tp be cardboard and Lays leave a funky gumminess in your mouth.

And then their dipmixes, just mix with sourcream:

This right here. Unfortunately they seem to fail every time they re launch them in Norway, so I have only sporadically access to them at best.

DoritosSmokinCheddarBBQ.jpg

These were my favorite chips of all time but they stopped stocking them in my area. I hear they still exist in other places. At least for limited times.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
As little salt as possible, preferably no salt. And natural.

Salt & Vinegar is my favorite, followed by those lime Tortilla chips (amazing with guac), and occasionally I get a real hankering for KC Masterpiece chips.

The best pretzel snacks are even better than that, since we have a Snyder's factory & distribution center a few exits over and they make so many good things. I get sad every time I see any, since my doctor has me off gluten. Their buffalo and honey mustard and onion flavors are crazy good... it seems they are doing gluten free now too, so I'll have to look for those.

Just had some Japanese chips delivered, those Chip Star stacks in Purple Sweet Potato and Pumpkin and they blow Pringles chips out of the water.

For popcorn, I just make my own 99% of the time so I can control the additives, but TJ's has Popcorn in a Pickle which is really good if you like both and Werther's makes a caramel popcorn that is flat out dangerous.

I don't eat them that much but I either like lightly salted or cheddar. Not a big fan of salt and vinegar because it's usually way too salty for me, even though I like that combination, it just needs to be less potent.

AudioNoir

Banned
Old Dutch makes these taco flavoured chips called Arriba! or something. I could eat those til I barf.

That's what happened with the Ketchup Doritos, and it was a huge mistake :(

Red

The only ones I've especially enjoyed the past few years are Lay's kettle cooked wasabi ginger.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
That is a big pepper mill.

And red, too. Can't believe I've never noticed the innuendo.

To be fair, that's the new packaging. The old one didn't have the old guy and big red pepper mill, and the rest of the package was black, not dark blue. It made more sense.

Nordicus

estrella_dill.png

Estrella makes the best chips ever. I find Pringles tp be cardboard and Lays leave a funky gumminess in your mouth.
Huh, didn't know Estrella made dill chips. Can't remember finding them here in Finland.

These Sour Cream & Dill chips are CRACK tho! Slightly more expensive than other Taffel stuff but absolutely worth it.
QGOdUGG.jpg

daveo42

Banned
Sea salt and malt vinegar chips are about the best.

If I do ever see Utz though, I have to pick up some of them Crab Chips.

Salt and vinegar is definitely the best, and the best salt and vinegar chips are these:

Bjl4cAe.jpg

The whole Utz kettle classics line is great, but these are the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom