• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your mobile phone history ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Whoa.

Motorola Premier 1400 (which I still own boxed for sentimental reasons)
Ericsson 337
Ericsson 338
Nokia 8210
Nokia 8250
Nokia 8310
Nokia 6610
Ericsson T68
Sony Ericsson K700
Sony Ericsson K750
Sony Ericsson K800
iPhone 4
iPhone 4S
Nokia Lumia 920
iPhone 5S
Nokia Lumia 930
iPhone 6S Plus (current)

I've had short stints with other phones but the above are the phones I used for a year or more.

nadozza

Samsung A516
BlackBerry 8900
HTC Hero
Sony Xperia Arc
Sony Xperia Acro HD
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
iPhone 5
BlackBerry Z10
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
iPhone 6s

Currently rocking an LG G6

I remember my first phone was a camera phone (when they were brand new at the time) and I was actually the envy of all my friends haha. I think it was an LG VX6000.

Then, I remember everyone being obsessed with the Motorola RAZR, but I never fell into the hype. I did buy something called the Motorola RIZR, and later got a Motorola PEBL (probably my favorite phone ever because of how unique it was to open).

From there, I got my first smartphone (iPhone 3GS) only because I lost my phone on the train and I needed a new phone and everyone kept raving about this App Store thing and having maps on the go, being able to access the internet on a device that's actually decent for browsing, etc.

So...

LG VX6000
Motorola RIZR
Motorola PEBL
iPhone 3GS (paid)
iPhone 4 (got for free)
iPhone 4S (paid, got stolen, made a thread here and got riduculed)
iPhone 5 (paid)
iPhone 5S (paid)
iPhone 6 (got for free)

There's kind of a trend lol. I'm currently using this crappy HTC phone I got for free, and it's atrocious. I'm just waiting on the new iPhones to decide on what I want to buy.

reKon

Banned
Here's mine:

A few dumb phones

Moto Razr

Blackberry Storm (stfu, this was given to me)

Droid Incredible (same as above)

Galaxy Nexus

HTC One M7 (stolen in Nigeria)

Xperia Z3 Compact (lost)

Galaxy S7 (Snapdragon variant - lost)

Moto G4 Play (my current back up phone)

Galaxy S7 Edge (Exynos variant)

RdN

Siemens SL55
Motorola L7
Sony Ericsson W880
Motorola Defy
Galaxy Note
Galaxy Note 2
Moto X 2014
Moto Z Force

Now waiting on the Note 8.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
A Kyocera dumb phone.
The same Kyocera dumb phone after the previous one got sent through the wash.
Some prepaid flip phone.
Blackberry Storm
Motorola Droid X
iPhone 4S (CDMA Version) - White, 16 GB
iPhone 5S - Space Grey, 32 GB
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - White
iPhone 6 - Silver, 64 GB
iPhone 6S Plus - Gold, 128 GB
iPhone 7 Plus - Black, 256 GB

Eyeron

Up until the switch to smart phones, I mostly just used whatever models were free with contract renewals. I only remember the makes and models of the last 4.

Samsung Gravity
HTC Sensation
Nexus 5
Iphone 6S

She shitty Ericson flip phone
Some shitty Nokia phone
Moto Razr
Blackberry Pearl
Moto Razor 2
Iphone 3GS
Google Nexus One
Droid Incredible
Droid Charge
Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic Touch
Samsung Galaxy S3
LG Optimus G
HTC One M7
LG G2
LG G3
Samsung Galaxy S6
Samsung Galaxy Note 5
LG G5
HTC 10
Oneplus 3
Huawei Honor 8
LG V20
LG G6

Lots of phones.

Robaperas

Nokia 1100
Nokia 6020
Alcatel OT-C652
Sony Ericsson K510
Nokia 5130 XpressMusic
Huawei U8510 IDEOS X3
Huawei Ascend Y220
Huawei Ascend Y300
Moto G 1st Gen

I always buy them 2nd hand and dirt cheap.

A couple of Nokia flip phones
Motorola Droid (original)
Galaxy Nexus
Nexus 5 (current)

I'm interested in the Pixel 2 because the Nexus 5 is getting a bit outdated at this point. But I love its minimalist design/look/feel compared to the flashier metal phones, so I'll be kinda sad to let it go.

Oscar

- Motorola Razr (Sprint, early 2006)
- LG Chocolate (Verizon, late 2007)
- T-Mobile Sidekick LX (T-Mobile, 2008)
- HTC Hero (Sprint, 2009)
- iPhone 4 8GB (AT&T, Summer 2010)
- iPhone 5c 16GB (Sprint, Fall 2013)
- iPhone 6S 16GB (T-Mobile, Fall 2015)
- iPhone 7 128GB (T-Mobile, Early 2017)

I don't plan on upgrading anytime soon, storage was the main reason I jumped from the 6S.

Nokia 3310
Sony Ericsson W300i
HTC Desire
HTC One X
Sony Xperia Z
HTC One M7
HTC One M9

Will likely get the HTC U 11 (Ocean) but might wait and see what the Pixel 2 is and even though I'm not a Samsung fan....that S8 is something special.

trixx

Sony Ericson Vivaz Pro (2 years late highschool)
Google Nexus 4 (3 Years University)
Huawei Honor 8 (recently bought)

Pachimari

Nokia 3210
Nokia 3310
Nokia 8210
Nokia 3510i
Nokia 7610 (x2)
Samsung X830
LG Viewty KU990
Nokia 2760
Nokia 5310 (x4)
Nokia 5300
Sony Ericsson S500i (x2)
Sony Ericsson W580
Sony Ericsson W960
iPhone
Nokia 5800
Blackberry Bold 9000
HTC Magic
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4
Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
iPhone 5
LG G3
iPhone 6
Huawei P9 Lite (x2)

Alcatel One Touch easy
Siemens C60
Panasonic X400
Nokia C70
Toshiba Portegé G810
Nokia 9720c
Sony Xperia Tipo
Moto G2

Basically, I have a problem with being so cheap that I end regretting what I buy all the time. The Toshiba (Winmo 6.1) was my first smartphone and it was so awful that I reverted back to a unbreakable nokia feature phone. Then I needed an android urgently and I bought the cheapest crap again (Xperia Tipo).

I could say that Moto G2 is my first decent smartphone. I need to replace it, but I'm holding until I save for something decent this time and using again the nokia 9720c in the meantime.

Jake.

nokia 3310.
another old nokia model that was marginally smaller.
sony ericsson z525 (complete garbage)
nokia e71 (loved it).
samsung galaxy s2.
samsung galaxy s4 mini.
iphone 6s (current).

PillarEN

I don't remember. Some Ericsson's, some Sony Ericsson's, the first "holy shit this Nokia sends picture messages" from around 2004 or so, a Sharp, another Sony Ericsson, Then some complete piece of shit Windows phone I never wrapped my head around, reverted back to the old S E, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5s.

Metroxed

I only change phones every 4-5 years, so the list is not that long, given that I had my first mobile phone when I was 15.

- Siemens SL55
- Nokia 5610
- Nokia C7
- Motorola Moto G 2nd generation (current)

I got the Moto G in 2015 and I'm not planning on getting a new phone until 2019 the earliest.

Xun

Quite a small list of phones:

- Siemens A50 (I used this until 2012)
- Samsung Galaxy Mini
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone SE

Triteon

I think:

nokia 1220 i have no idea what happened to it.

Siemens SL45 expandable memory mp3. I still have it somwhere.

Nokia N90, decent memory ok web browser made of stainless steel it let you get into files. I really liked this phone at the time. Still have it.

Iphone 3 still have it i store music on it.

Nokia lumia 700 (i think) probably ny personal favourite smart phone loved the size and the build quality, it lackee a few apps but the os was super responsive.

Some Samsung galaxy POS i got it because the battery on my nokia was dying and a needed a bew phone. My only foray into android. I hated it.

Lumia 950 i tjought itd be a great replacement for my old lumia but the os is a buggy mess in comparison and i find it a bit big. I am disappoint.

Ensirius

Nokia 3210
Siemens phone can't remember which
Another Nokia
An LG phone
Nokia again
iPhone 1G
iPhone 3G
iPhone 4
Samsung Galaxy s 3
Motorola moto g
Xperia Z3

Caayn

Alcatel (One of the cheaper ones, no clue which one) -> Sony Ericsson W300i -> Sony Ericsson W850i -> HTC Sensation (didn't really like this) -> Nokia Lumia 920 -> Microsoft Lumia 950

I really liked the W300i and W850i, such a shame that Sony's smartphones didn't do the same for me as their dumbphones made together with Ericsson. Outside of the Alcatel one I've still got them all.

The Mule

Nokia brick
Motorola RAZR
HTC (can't remember the model, but it ran Windows with a HTC skin)
iPhone 4S
iPhone 6

I'd still be on the 4S if I didn't have issues with the volume randomly turning itself up to max and blasting my ear drums.

Only had three phones ever.

Had a bargain basement Nokia from 2003 to 2008 or so, a slightly less bargain basement flip phone from 2008 to 2015 and the Moto G smartphone I'm currently using, which has been more aggravation then the cheap flip phones ever were.

I can't go back, but as useful as a smartphone is, it definitely didn't make me happier finally switching to one.

I had the same sturdy-but-shitty flip phone from mid high school until the Samsung Galaxy S4 came out, then that was my first smartphone, despite wanting a smartphone real bad for years. Was too poor to afford my own phone up until that point, so I was on my parents' plan a few years into adulthood.

Went from Galaxy S4 to Nexus 6P, which is what I currently have.

In love with the S8/S8+, trying to buy one on Monday. Going to have to switch carriers, though, I'm on Project Fi and planning on going T-Mobile.

Always been curious about iPhones. Lusted after the original iPhone 4 for a long time, but never actually owned one... But, not just yet... I'm familiar with how iOS works thanks to owning several iPads over the years (including a current iPad Pro) but not sure if I'd really like using it on a phone/mobile device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom