• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When did Corrinne Yu leave Naughty Dog? (Now lead dev manager of Amazon's Prime Air)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
I don't think Drunkmann likes to be considered as a guy that gets his coworkers fired. I would not.

I like to think this idea is treated only as a internet joke and nothing more.

But after the awful IGN article that said Amy and Josh were pushed by other senior staff a lot of people seem to believe in it.

(And the recent MGS V / Brain Doctor episode showed that people on the internet do all kinds of stupid things like calling the guy's cellphone to ask if he knows Kojima)

That sucks, she was really talented. Plus, it's great having a female like her in a prominent position, so her leaving the industry is doubly sucky. Hopefully she is happier with her job now, it might not be quite as stressful as a AAA crunch.

The thing that was surprising to me was that it felt like she'd just gone over to ND, but I guess it's been two years now and that's not a short period of time, especially if you can basically write your own cheque anywhere like she probably can.

The fact that she's working on Prime Air might also mean she's just looking for a different set of intellectual challenges now. She was working on game engines for almost two decades.

Ricky_R

So she basically worked on TLOU remastered and Uncharted 4. Decent in two years.

She basically worked for the best two games on their respective generations...

WE0It4D.png

Apathy

You'd think companies like Sony would open the vaults to keep such employees then, right? So they can continue to have great talent working on their games? Isn't that kind of important?

Family, less crunch, living in a city you like, friends. There are a lot of factors to why she might have left, and money is not always the top factor, specially when its someone with her experience.

Like someone else said more then likely they have their base engine they will be using over the next 4 years so it was fine for her to head on out the door and onto her next thing.

Whatever tweaks and such need to be done on the engine can be done by the other mountain of wizards they have over at ND.

Damn, a shame for the industry to lose someone of her skill. Can't blame her if that's a better job for her, particularly if it is less stressful.

Circinus

Ah, she left. Going by her work / track record, it seems like she was really talented indeed.

Better work/life balance at Amazon might have been a factor indeed.

Also, not going to lie, but in my humble opinion the memes/jokes in this thread are really lame.

Of course a bit of playful dicussion and conversation is fine, but meh just sub-par humor in this thread in my humble opinon, no wonder Neil Druckmann recommends everyone to get far away from NeoGAF if he reads threads like these.

I remember her twitter feed said something about sleeping at the studio. I think she also has a family and Amazon was probably a better choice in terms of work hours and such. Sometimes not coming home at night to see your kids doesnt go over so well.

Never knew Corrine already left ND. I guess there were a multitude of reasons for her departure like money, less stress, closer to family, etc.

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
WTF when??? I got so hyped when I saw her named in TLOU:R credits. It got me really excited for UC4

entremet

Why would anyone actually want to stay working in the vidya industry

Especially when you have tons college grads applying to limited positions because the gaming industry is cool.

You'll always have a nice pipeline of talent willing to crunch.

Yeah Druckmann comes on stage at E3, announces he has become all that is Naughty Dog and has no need for others.
Druckmann enters the stage. Says "I AM Naughty Dog". Starts to spin.... faster, faster, morphes into
3ZK9ZR9.png
...explodes.
Naughty Dog getting canceled by Konami the next day.

Just now realizing this, tried to search for an old thread to see if I missed it, but nothing came up. Didn't see any news reports on it with a Google search either.

Twitter bio says:

"Prime Air Principal Development Manager;am direct report to VP of Science Paul Viola;Computer Vision;was the Principal Engine Architect of Halo 4,NaughtyDog,etc"

Confirmed on her LinkedIn too. Huh.

Lock if old/not news worthy.

Edit: Thank you based Mods.

She got fired from Naughty Dog at least 2 months ago. Apparently her resume is better than her actual ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom