• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When did Corrinne Yu leave Naughty Dog? (Now lead dev manager of Amazon's Prime Air)

Status
Not open for further replies.
She got fired from Naughty Dog at least 2 months ago. Apparently her resume is better than her actual ability.
"Fired"

Please bring proof.

Speaking of which, here is what another member (no idea if Insider) had to say regarding her. It seems like he was spot-on regarding her departure though.

Corrinne Yu is about to be fired from Naugty Dog for complete and utter incompetence.
I am willing to substantiate my claims to mods. I will stand by my original statement that Corrinne is on her way out. Not sure when that will hit the press though. I am now of the opinion that some of the things I wrote should not have been posted to this forum. I do not take back those words.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103908531&postcount=886
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103940688&postcount=1045

He posted that back in November. Yu last tweeted about his work at ND in November.

Madness

What a coup by Amazon. Maybe she wanted to go back to the Pacific Northwest?

Was she remote with ND? I know her husband is based in the PNW as well.

I believe her husband left 343 to join her as well but joined the guys at Oculus. No one who moves to sunny San Diego wants to come back to the rainy northwest.

It's crazy how no one noticed. Was such huge news about her leaving 343 for Naughty Dog. Even when discussing graphics for Halo 5 people would bring up she's not there anymore. Crazy how her departure wasn't noticed.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
It must be creepy when your potential personal reasons for every LinkedIn profile change and your professional competence are being discussed on the Internet, even though you are not a particularly public person.

Madness

I was just giving you a warning cause the last guy who said it got banned.

We don't need you policing the thread or backseat moderating yourself. Let the mods deal with people if there are any issues. And besides, the last guy who said it was not banned. So there.

Dynomutt

She was given a good opportunity and took it / liked a new challenge / she hates you / interested in developing for Prime Air - why don't you ask her / wait for a statement?

Figured it was nothing. But when it's on Gaf+A couple pages deep+First thread on page. Had to ask. Moving on.

kpaadet

Druckmann enters the stage. Says "I AM Naughty Dog". Starts to spin.... faster, faster, morphes into
3ZK9ZR9.png
...explodes.
Naughty Dog getting canceled by Konami the next day.
You mean Konami buys Naughty Dog and renames it Unit 9 and announces they will be making Silent Hill themed pachinko machines.

mattp

to everyone saying "how did i miss this?"
its not very often you hear about programmers(or most employees, really) moving to different studios
is it really that surprising you didnt see news posts about this?

keit4

Banned
So Corinne Yu was not that brilliant after that? Wow, the posts on that other thread about she leaving 343i and joining ND made me think she was some kind of super genius.

VinFTW

its not very often you hear about programmers(or most employees, really) moving to different studios

Because it was HUGE when she left 343. Was used in a lot of arguments regarding 343s quality back when it happened.

mattp

Because it was HUGE when she left 343. Was used in a lot of arguments regarding 343s quality back when it happened.

was it huge? or did gaf think it was haha
i dont think it was really THAT big a deal, honestly

edit: i'm pretty sure most people didn't even know who she was when that story was making the rounds

Madness

Except, her departure from Microsoft and her joining Naughty Dog was huge news, created threads here, and any mention of graphics for Uncharted or future Halo, it was always mentioned she was with ND now, or not at 343. She's well known as a female dev and programmer. So yeah, on a gaming site, and one known to break things such as a this, it's surprising.

jelly

Frankie seemed to downplay her role at 343, she helped with the facial animations or something and wasn't the big wig as people place her as. Not sure what to believe, i think we should be thinking along the lines of team effort instead of Miss Carmack.

keit4

Banned
was it huge? or did gaf think it was haha
i dont think it was really THAT big a deal, honestly

edit: i'm pretty sure most people didn't even know who she was when that story was making the rounds

Well, IIRC a lot of people made it a big deal. I'm looking for the thread but it seems it was deleted (¿?). Y2Kev opened this other one after that but is not as big.

hemo memo

Gold Member

But her resume is really impressive and a great addition to the team.

I don't really get the fear mongering going on. She's not in a videogame position so it seems pretty clear that she just either wanted to do something new or took a higher paying job more suited to her skills.

EDIT: Also please don't turn this into a controversy. This is a normal person with a normal job who is not in the public eye. Respect her privacy.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
What was her position before 343i? The NASA job?

Because every time her name was mentioned seemed like she was an genius coder (going by posters reaction).

And i don't doubt it, i just want to know where this notion that she makes games spectacular originated from.

Sydle

Frankie seemed to downplay her role at 343, she helped with the facial animations or something and wasn't the big wig as people place her as. Not sure what to believe, i think we should be thinking along the lines of team effort instead of Miss Carmack.

I think Frankie was just telling it how it was, and he showed a high amount of respect for her work and as a great person to work with. It was GAF making her out to be some kind of supreme wizard and insurmountable loss.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
It must be creepy when your potential personal reasons for every LinkedIn profile change and your professional competence are being discussed on the Internet, even though you are not a particularly public person.
Fully agreed.

People actually calling the head transplant doctor asking him if he knew Kojima is pretty much a prime example of that.

"Fired"

Please bring proof.

Speaking of which, here is what another member (no idea if Insider) had to say regarding her. It seems like he was spot-on regarding her departure though.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103908531&postcount=886
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103940688&postcount=1045

He posted that back in November. Yu last tweeted about his work at ND in November.

I apologize if this isn't the right thing to say but I think we should remember the last time an insider made claims about someone's competence.
Someone had to come around and share their very personal matters to dispel the allegations of incompetence being thrown about.

So, that is not to say I'm suggesting everyone is ready to throw someone to the dogs. But rather, approach this with a grain of salt and don't be so ready to write someone you never met off as incompetent.

I apologize if this isn't the right thing to say but I think we should remember the last time an insider made claims about someone's competence.
Someone had to come around and share their very personal matters to dispel the allegations of incompetence being thrown about.

So, that is not to say I'm suggesting everyone is ready to throw someone to the dogs. But rather, approach this with a grain of salt and don't be so ready to write someone you never met off as incompetent.

Oh god please no repeat of that, that was a really dark chapter for Neogaf.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
So she was basically hired for the Uncharted 4 E3 trailer? Or did she do more?

Wish she was back at 343. How Halo 4 looks that way on 360 is sorcery.

You'd think companies like Sony would open the vaults to keep such employees then, right? So they can continue to have great talent working on their games? Isn't that kind of important?

I highly doubt that Sony has very much to spare in their "vaults."

Talent typically goes where the money is and Amazon is loaded.

RdN

Damn... She really doesn't seem to stay in one place for a long time, hn?

But it's a good catch by Amazon. By all reports she's an amazing code writer.

Dynomutt

I don't like the direction this thread is taking. At first it was about an individual leaving a game company. STOP. is this really new? OK... Now it's about her abilities?She was fired? Isn't that kind of wrong.

Are we even deserving of a comment. Is it our business? I'm certain the shit she forgets accomplishes far more than the greatest ideas of some gaffers. Come on people.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.

"Architect of the Rebellion".....

Mifune

Mehmber
"Incompetence" might be a bit strong but from what I heard she just couldn't hang with some of the other folks technically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom