• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When do MS actually go public with the messaging on third party?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Today? Tomorrow? this week?

When do you think they will actually release a statement?

I think we have reached fever pitch and if they don't come out soon, its only going to get worse.

Also, how bad do you think the messaging will be?

I think it will be classic fuck up MS where they say everything, but it will vary in capacity and time frame and everyone will come out with more questions than answers. Like typical MS corporate bullshit. Hopefully, they've learnt something and they are just clear cut.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
This week maybe they always prepare the fanbase before

I really don’t think this is a big deal. I guess because I own playstation consoles and im not interested in any of the rumored games. Maybe grounded.

geary

After the reorganization, i dont think i saw Phil to active on Twitter or giving interview left and right. Sarah Bond might be the new face of Xbox from now on.

microsoft_xbox_gaming_leadership_organization_matt_booty_sarah_bond.jpg

spons

Gold Member
I mean, I just woke up, read all the bullshit and am now confused. Are the rumors real, is Xbox as a console dead, etc.
They are a single official statement away from clearing the entire situation up and the time for that is ASAP.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
They will never say it honestly, but will put some games on other console one by one. And they have until E3 period to do so quietly, because after that they will maybe say and show their games on other platform holders conferences. So we will have a few months between now and a definitive answer from them. For me when we see the Xbox logo in a Sony or Nintendo conference we will know that it is over.

Skifi28

If you're expecting a grand statement about abandoning hardware or exclusives, you'll probably be disappointed. I imagine it'll be a small announcement about it being a case by case thing and gradually expand it from there, assuming they see they returns they hope for.

Last edited:

DryvBy

I mean, I just woke up, read all the bullshit and am now confused. Are the rumors real, is Xbox as a console dead, etc.
They are a single official statement away from clearing the entire situation up and the time for that is ASAP.

The longer they sit around not saying anything, the faster it'll happen. Brand confidence is at an all time low.

Robb

Gold Member
True or not they should just clarify it ASAP. Feels like there’s a bit too much negative smoke right now..
syabira-smoke-oven-pizza-gbbo-bake-off-2022-bread-week-recap-review.gif

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Yeah, it was the Kinect/Xbox One who killed the brand, not GP offering 500M budget games for $1

No sir
From the perspective of consumer, most definitely the first. Which sort of matters a lot, GP for 1 USD probably did that internally.

Perception is reality and right now that perception is they are cooked.

It's funny to me---so many years ago, I watched the train wreck that was the Xbox One reveal by Mattrick.

A few hours, I watched Sony dismantle them and I've never seen anyone get so humiliated ever since.

Even back *then*, the damage that Don caused was astronomical. I had no idea the ripple effects of that would continue to be felt over 10 years later.

Xbox as a hardware is completely dead in the UK and Asia. In the US, it still sells well but is getting trounced by Sony.

This doesn't account that over the next 3 months there's several games that are higher-profile only available on PlayStation during tax season.

This news pervading the mindset on top of that is bad for Xbox. I would think, if this is true, they have to speak today. No way they can let this sit.

It's been melting down the internet for a good 16 hours already.

Hudo

Nintendo direct (which some people say is set for this week). Where Phil Spencer pops up at Nintendo HQ doing a dogeza in front of Furukawa.

First wave of ports for the next Nintendo console will be: Halo MCC, Gears of War Colllection, Forza Horizon 6: Tokyo Drift, Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator, Spyro and Crash (are now MS IPs).

Mr.Phoenix

Isn't the fact that they have not come out to refute these rumors announcement enough?

All they have to do is release an X post saying "we have no plans to bring xbox exclusives to pla...... oh wait.

Today? Tomorrow? this week?

When do you think they will actually release a statement?

I think we have reached fever pitch and if they don't come out soon, its only going to get worse.

Also, how bad do you think the messaging will be?

I think it will be classic fuck up MS where they say everything, but it will vary in capacity and time frame and everyone will come out with more questions than answers. Like typical MS corporate bullshit. Hopefully, they've learnt something and they are just clear cut.
they are supermega fucked. i mean, you dont have any idea. it's insane

yurinka

When do MS actually go public with the messaging on third party?
Do they really need to do it? It wouldn't be a big change, unless they plan to port all/most of their MGS titles.

All Minecraft games have been released day one on PS. They also released other MGS titles on rival consoles such as the Ori games or As Dusk Falls.

Regarding Bethesda their CFO already said it when acquired: they said their plans for Bethesda was multiplatform or temporal console exclusives depending on the game, not full exclusives and even included a lot of games on PS+ after acquisition.

For Activision Blizzard they signed that CoD will continue releasing in PS at least the next 10 years (and will negotiate and extension once it expires) plus that via Ubisoft all the AB past catalog plus the games released in the next 15 years will be able to be included in rival game subs with cloud gaming. And to be in PS+/PS cloud gaming a game also must be in the PSN store to be bought.

Phil and Satya had the narrative of bringing their games to more platforms, to bring their games to more players, play everywhere, "when everybody plays we all win", PS and Switch players are also part of the Xbox ecosystem, etc.

Last edited:

TrebleShot

It’s over the message is out and even if it isn’t true they are cooked , the news got big enough that people not even interested in gaming now think “Xbox is over and the games are coming to PS5”.

It’s done. Even monumental backtracking would look terrible and the general public won’t pay attention to the statements, they’ve already heard the big news.

Top Bottom