• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When Nintendo does bring out new TV shows and movies, what do you want to see?

Javier

Agree on Splatoon animated series.

I legitimately think that a Warioware cartoon with Regular Show-style humor could work.

I also want a series of Nintendo animated shorts based on the classic Goofy "How To" series.

- How to Race (Mario Kart)
- How to Box (Punch Out)
- How to Explore a Dungeon (Legend of Zelda)
- How to Run Your Town (Animal Crossing)
- How to Play Turf Wars (Splatoon)

Wonderful 101 anime is a pipe-dream, but its a damn fine dream.

Star Fox actually has a pretty good setup for that sort of thing. They're a crew of mercenaries - you could have long serial adventures, or a bunch of one off jobs, whatever is preferred.

Legend of Zelda could work in Live Action, but personally, I'd see it more in the vein of Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings, rather than Game of Thrones. A world of encroaching darkness, but the light has its champions - stufd like that.

Pretty sure you could do a series of Animal Crossing shorts based off the villager/mayor's interactions with the eccentric townsfolk.

Edit: Splatoon series would also be a good idea - easy to use either the single or multiplayer setups for a story. Suddenly remembered the suggestion of a Mario Kart series similar to Wacky Races as well.

bman94

Kid Icarus done in the style of the Uprising anime shorts. I think the part of Uprising I liked the most was the characters. They played off each other so well and it was funny hearing Palutena and Viridi bicker at each other during the levels. The universe itself has so much mythos and I'd love to see Nintendo expand on that.

The world of splatoon is pretty dope too so I'd like to see that be made into an anime. I'd wonder how the squids would sound tho since Splatoon didn't have any voice acting outside of guttural noises.

I want a Tingle cartoon.

Edit.

A Tingle mystery show. He'd run a a Tingle and Associates firm where he goes on misadventures with friends in Hyrule solving murder mysteries.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
A Kid Icarus cartoon by Madhouse would be grand.
Slice of life Animal Crossing or Pikmin series
Wonderful 101 cartoon or live-action Tokusatsu production by the guys that do Garo.
Legend of Zelda cartoon or live-action show similar to Doctor Who (in that its fantastical and fun for the whole family)
Fire Emblem animated movies.

tolkir

The most obvious brand to make into a live action property:

The world has never been more ready than it is now, let the feudal Japan pinball epic commence!

Takashi Miike could make a movie of that game in 2 weeks.

The Legend of Zelda animation. Shame that Miyazaki retired, but I'll say Studio Ghibli anyway.

ho673hiwqig4tnpigb6r.png

Ogodei

Splatoon and Animal Crossing seem like the most reasonable choices. StarFox is too low-profile despite being perfect for getting something like Sonic Boom out there (although, hopefully, better written than Sonic Boom?), while Zelda has to get around the whole "Talking Link" issue.

Metroid could work, but only in OVA format, i think. A longer running story would go to strange places.

Most of the big franchises would be well suited for OVAs, specials, or shorts, but only a few would do good as full-fledged series.

Fire Emblem could do a straight-up anime adaptation. Could probably get 12 episodes out of each game pretty easily, "full length" 24 episode series for dual games like the Tellius or Archanaea pairs. Selfishly, it'd be an easily digestable way to take in the Jugdral story without me having to play what are, apparently, some of the more brutal games in the series.

Zubz

Banned
I'm having trouble thinking of a Nintendo franchise that wouldn't be good when adapted to a TV/movie format. Even obscure stuff like Famicom Detective Club or Mach Rider could work as a live action murder mystery/Mad Max-inspired shorts. I guess any of the Wii Series games/Brain Age? But even then, I'm sure they can sell those on brand alone!

What I mostly want, though, is a live-action, sci-fi thriller for Metroid, Wonderful 101/F-Zero cartoons, a Kid Icarus anime, and a Star Fox puppet show in the vein of The Thunderbirds. ... And the more I think about them, I actually want the FDC/MR shows.

Oregano

I want a live action Fire Emblem series. It's basically a less graphic Game of Thrones anyway. It could even be an original cast. Get Sam Raimi to produce.

Clov

I'd love for a Splatoon anime directed by Rie Matsumoto. She does well with crazy, colorful worlds like that.

Mario & Luigi: The Movie: Nintendo should partner with Disney Animation Studios (Wreck-it Ralph, BH6) to produce a legit Mario & Luigi movie. I mean, the sky is the limit in terms of story or new characters. They could literally have Mario and Luigi get kidnapped and have a ragtag group of heroes rise to the challenge when all hope is lost. I could see Toad, Daisy, Peach and Yoshi being a solid core since they'd be voiced without much issue. Maybe add in a new character or two just for this story that can add a dynamic element for expositional interplay between characters.

Luigi's Mansion (Netflix Original show): Also another teaming up with Disney to bring an episodic story featuring the Luigi's Mansion cast (E. Gadd, Polterpup, a variety of talking ghosts) in their never-ending fight against King Boo.

BBboy20

I should have became a writer, at least, just so I could try to secure some vision of mine on what a Mario movie could be.

Cipherr

I think they should stick to anime/cartoons. Live action stuff seems like it would have an incredibly high chance of going badly
KuGsj.gif

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Ah man that would be indeed epic,soooo many characters and wildly different personalities. But a Splatoon anime would be more likely
Yea a splatoon anime not only is cool, but somehow seems likely
A Kid Icarus cartoon by Madhouse would be grand.
Slice of life Animal Crossing or Pikmin series
Wonderful 101 cartoon or live-action Tokusatsu production by the guys that do Garo.
Legend of Zelda cartoon or live-action show similar to Doctor Who (in that its fantastical and fun for the whole family)
Fire Emblem animated movies.
Same for kid icarus but with SHAFT

Shang

The Legend of Zelda animated series with Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko (Avatar, Korra) as showrunners.

Metroid action/horror series backed by premium network (HBO, Netflix, etc). Maybe Alex Garland (28 Days/Weeks Later, Sunshine, Dredd, Ex Machina) as a showrunner.

I think Genndy Tartakovsky could do Zelda better, but other than that, this is exactly what I would want.

Also gonna echo some people in here who are saying that a Starfox something would be cool. A fun, roller-coaster-like movie would be perfect, but I doubt they'd throw in that kind of money for Starfox. A limited-run animated show by someone like Titmouse would be cool and also more realizable. Same could be said for Wonderful 101, but that would never happen.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Star Fox would work better as a 3D animated show that people love doing nowadays.

latest

Yoshi's Story The Musical:

It will be a short movie with the Yoshi singing about their adventures in each game. It will also be required by law that everyone watches it at least once to get full appreciation. don't care if you naysayers say nay, Yoshi's voice is perfect and beautiful. You will hear him sing and you will respect the heck out of it! The voice will leave such an impact that you will hum the songs in the shower, it will be the first thing you'll look up on Youtube, and it will be the last thing you hear before you sleep. It shall never leave you for the rest of your life.

Metroid High School Anime:

A romantic comedy showing how the transfer student, Samus Aran, adjusts to the prestigious Metroid Academy that she got it by the school's founder, Mother Brains', recommendation. Samus will wear the classic school girl uniform, but she will never take off the Varia Suit, ever. Because Samus only lives with statues of her Chozo parents she will often look to her home room teacher and father figure, Adam, who has a bad habit of shooting people in the back (particularly Samus). She will also be face against her rival Dark Samus (who also will never remove the suit) and must overcome ever attempt Dark Samus makes to destroy Samus. Oh, by the way, Ridley is the evil fourth-wall breaking principal who plots to get Samus expelled but is too big to move around the school much. I'm not sure where the romance comes in, but trust me, it's there.

Fire Emblem Documentary:

An educational series about the all countries and continents that have appeared or was mentioned in all of the Fire Emblem games. The expert, Anna, will give a detailed view on how each country was formed, history, their geography, common food choices, livestock, culture, traditions, politics, currency, GDP, population, economy, what it's like to be a merchant in said economy, language spoken, religious views, time travel theories, parallel universe theories, war strategies, shipping war strategies, weapons, famous people, historic figures, music, technology, education, dark rituals to summon evil dragons and more. Anna will also bring up her well written books titled "How to Know If Your Country Is Evil" and "What to Do When Your God Was Killed By An Evil Dragon" the audience will be expected to take a test on all covered material for the right to continue playing Fire Emblem.

Legitimate question: everyone says the key elements of Metroid are exploration and isolation, right? How would that translate over to a film or TV show? I don't really see it.

Fire Emblem I'm not sure would work just because it would mean most characters would be cut or just have brief cameos, which would kind of be disappointing. A Blazing Sword story with a more limited cast might work pretty well, though. Definitely would not want it to be like Game of Thrones at all though, even if they did Juggdral (which would probably have to go that route because incest, not like it matters since it will never happen).

I would sacrifice any number of children on the altar of Ghibli to get a Zelda movie based on that concept art, though.

kirby_fox

Banned
Eternal Darkness horror film series.

Dramatic retelling of Metroid from the beginning. Let's see Samus growing up.

Do the same for F Zero, but make it focus on Falcon. From young bounty hunter, to racer, to learning about his falcon punch.

Turn Wii Fit into a Scrubs like comedy set in a gym.

Nintendoland could be a Willy Wonka like movie.

Everything else is more or less a Disney animation deal or an anime series.

Top Bottom