• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where are the Alan Wake II reviews?

Robb

Gold Member
I’m not sure how they usually do things but wasn’t the review embargo for Control the day before launch?

So I guess they might drop on the 26th for AW2.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
in the Dark Place.
hqdefault.jpg

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
PC version is the definitive edition.
High RT
PT on
Ultra settings.

Wasting the visuals Northlight can produce playing the peasant edition is an insult.

The developer is really insisting it's ok tho, maybe, hopefully ? :p

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
The developer is really insisting it's ok tho, maybe, hopefully ? :p

Thomas did a pretty lengthy interview talking about the development challenges and outright calls out forum warriors who insist on calling developers lazy or saying a game is unoptimized......the fact he is that aware gives me hope he and the team are making sure the console version launch with atleast a stable 30fps mode.

As for the PC version......im not even worried
This is Remedy we are talking about.

Chances are ill replay the game again when the definitive edition comes out......and again when I upgrade my GPU to a Blackwell card, just to push the visuals even further.

saintjules

Aren't reviews that come out the day before are usually bad signs?

I haven't played the first one. I might dive into that after SM2.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Drop the infantile console wars bait and discuss like an adult.
absolutely ready for this to be a clusterfuck on PC and PS5 version to be solid but only in the 30 mode leading it to being best played at 30fps on PS5 if you want it playable.
I highly doubt the Mediumstation 5 is going to be the best way to play......what we will get and this I can all but guarantee, is people will set the game to Ultra settings, 4k native with Raytracing and PathTracing enabled then complain that the game doesnt run well on their RTX 2060.

They will then run to twitter/reddit and say ohh man this game is so unoptimized and these devs are lazy......when Control launch with an insane implementation of Raytracing it was interesting watching people with 6800XTs wonder why they couldnt hitting super high FPS while the console version can/is.

In Remedy we trust!
remedy_new_logo.jpg

Last edited:
I highly doubt the Mediumstation 5 is going to be the best way to play......what we will get and this I can all but guarantee, is people will set the game to Ultra settings, 4k native with Raytracing and PathTracing enabled then complain that the game doesnt run well on their RTX 2060.

They will then run to twitter/reddit and say ohh man this game is so unoptimized and these devs are lazy......when Control launch with an insane implementation of Raytracing it was interesting watching people with 6800XTs wonder why they couldnt hitting super high FPS while the console version can/is.

In Remedy we trust!
remedy_new_logo.jpg

How old are you, 15? Pissing on the other platforms like your rig gives you a false form of superiority?
Damn you're a cunt.

Last edited:

NickFire

Oh no, red flags! Such a dumb take.

Remedy is trying to push every visual boundary in the medium with help of Nvidia, of course they're going to send out PC codes.
Disagree that it's a dumb take. There's no universal rule but late embargo dates and/or lack of review copies for a console(s) is worth paying attention to if you would be inclined to pre-order. Cyberpunk has certainly redeemed itself but we all saw how well it reviewed day 1 because of PC only review codes.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
They are just giving Spider-Man 2 and Mario some time to soak up sales and spotlight before they drop the GOTY.

Best for last.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Oh no, red flags! Such a dumb take.

Remedy is trying to push every visual boundary in the medium with help of Nvidia, of course they're going to send out PC codes.
Let’s hope so. I love them pushing tech.
Though qb and control pushed shit and just were demanding for no reason.
Aw2 looks amazing though. But I doubt it’s AAA budget.

TrebleShot

In Remedy we trust!
remedy_new_logo.jpg

I believe they prioritised the consoles.

Arsic

I booted up control on ps5 and on pc… and yeah the console version looks quite shit compared to PC but in a game using mostly generic office environments and gray geometry it isn’t a big deal.

That said PC has Ray tracing and far higher detail on even Jesse model.

Getting console Alan wake 2 no matter how it runs is a sin.

I can confirm we are getting our review code on Thursday so a day before the release. I am not sure if others have already gotten it though.

Arsic

I’ll be waiting on reviews and performance for sure now. Really need GeForce ultimate impressions as I plan to try the service for this one game

Top Bottom