• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where do you stand on No Man's Sky?

The_Dama

The game will finally release in August (hopefully). Has been delayed multiple times, no show at E3 this year and a lawsuit settled recently. Their website was last updated in May with the IGN preview. Things aren't looking good for them.

I feel like the game will be mediocre at best.I hope I'm wrong because the game lloks great and the potential is huge.

styl3s

As someone who likes to go off the beaten path and just explore i am super, super, super excited. It being sci-fi/space is just icing on the cake.

Kyne

right here:

24836694024_91b32380c9_b.jpg

The game will finally release in August (hopefully). Has been delayed multiple times, no show at E3 this year and a lawsuit settled recently. Their website was last updated in May with the IGN preview. Things aren't looking good for them.

I feel like the game will be mediocre at best.I hope I'm wrong because the game lloks great and the potential is huge.

Blatant concern trolling sprinkled with FUD isn't a good look, mate.

MajorTom

I want it to be good, I want every game to be good.

But I have a feeling that a lot of people will be disappointed with it.

I won't personally be picking it up on day one, I'm going to wait to hear people's impressions first.

Think it looks very interesting.
Hope that it turns out well.
Am glad that the developers are giving a concept like this a proper go.

Don't think this issue needs to be more complicated then that.

If you don't know what the game is about, you must not be interested in it because it has been explained a thousand times, both in written form and gameplay videos.

I need at least 3 more stage demos and 4 live soundtrack performances before I can make a decision

Really though I'm interested in the game. My biggest worry is I don't know when I'd even play it, I have a monster backlog of games I started simultaneously and the fall threatens to have some actually pretty cool games. Looks very neat though

I'm really excited for it but I never go in blind at this price point anymore. I'll be waiting for reviews and gaf impressions before I pick it up.

Ultimadrago

I've read about it, watched footage and have heard many things about it.

I still don't see what I'd get out of it. I love the idea of exploring worlds, but it's just not doing it for me. It'll likely fade in the background of my radar post-release.

Looking forward to it, but definitely over the hype. At this point I'm at a "When it releases, cool." attitude about it. I'll most likely be getting it day 1 though.

telasoman

I'm looking forward to it. I'm having surgery the week it comes out, so i'll be at home recovering, and hopefully losing my mind in that grand universe :)

KyleSmash

Banned
Wait and see. The longer time passes, I feel like the less interested I'm becoming. I feel over the prior 18 months, my personal prioritization of shared experience in games has become much greater.

jony_m

Will buy day one. I was in the first PS experience when they had a concert; the music, visuals and atmosphere alone are worth the price of entry.

Nzyme32

I haven't played the game or even seen enough of the game to judge it

The idea that someone can already have decided the game will be mediocre based on delays and not being shown at a particular event, is pointless

Top Bottom