• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where do you stand on No Man's Sky?

Tagyhag

I'm interested but in a "I'll get it when it's $20 or less" way.

Not because I'm one of those "INDIES CAN'T BE $60 BLAHBLAHBLAH" people but I don't personally see the day one appeal especially not knowing how it'll review.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
I'm interested, will wait for reviews and see how much time does it take to reach the center of the galaxy on average, if it's more than 60 hours or something crazy like that then nope I'm out.

OneUh8

Pre-ordered. No question I am getting it day 1, even if the reviews are not good (which I expect them to be disappointing). I just need to get my hands on this game.

Not interested at all. Even after watching gameplay videos and reading explanations on what to do in the game, I'm perplexed as to how much "fun" this game is going to end up being.

I've got tons of other games to spend money on instead.

I get burned out on games where you make your own path/fun with very little narrative push. At a certain point if nothing is pushing me down a certain path I lose interest.

Definite skip.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I think it'll be a dud. Hugely, impressively ambitious... but I suspect it won't be particularly interesting or fun to play, given what we've seen so far.

Hard

Banned
Currently a non-believer. The premise is interesting, but I don't think there's enough variable content to keep the average player entertained for 10+ hours.

I'd like to be proven wrong, though.

GOOCHY

In the "What do you do in this game?" camp

Yep. Flying around to procedurally generated planets to collect things really doesn't sound like fun to me.

The developers started the hype train far too early and let the Internet speculation get out of control. It'll burn 'em in the reviews.

Bedlam

As sceptical as ever.

Right now it makes people's imagination run wild but the procedural generation aspect of it will probably just make it really boring to play after a short while.

Probably going to grab it, unless reviews pan it or there are major tech issues.

Also hoping its a good PC port, is Hello Games doing it themselves, or has it been outsourced?

Backlogger

I plan on picking it up. Just not sure about PS4 or PC. Probably PC, but something about plopping down on the couch and playing it on my DS4 sounds fantastic.

Well in the venn diagram that is the states of being for anticipation of No Mans Sky release:

I'm at the intersection of Caution, Hype, Cynicism and Excitement.

Not quite sure where in that small sliver I sit thoughh, probably a mm closer to Hype and Excitement than Cynicism

Cess007

right here:

24836694024_91b32380c9_b.jpg

It's beautiful, isn't it? <3

I expect a shallow experience.

Whatever one discovers is meaningless and most likely no one else in the game will care what another one discovered. Should have added a robust space simulation around the idea of procedural generated content.

My anticipation's gone down because Elite Dangerous is scratching my space exploration itch, but still hope NMS turns out great and can carve its own path in the genre.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Cautious. I've watched many previews and I know nothing about it except "Explore randomly generated planets" which sounds amazing until I realized that without knowing the full extent of said "exploration" it's kinda hard to know.

Like, how big/small are the worlds? How different/similar will the random generation be? Will they have different things to do? Will they have different animals/vegetation that isn't just randomly generated palette swaps? To what degree can these worlds be truly interacted with?

Fanuilos

Haven't paid to much attention to it but I have seen a couple snippets of it. Seems like a project with many cool aspects but will ultimately fall short due to all the hype behind it. I hope the people looking forward to it enjoy it, but it hasn't resonated with me.

RedRum

Banned
Elite Dangerous set a precedent for me. If it can hold its own against that I will be pleased. I'll be waiting for impressions before I buy though.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
I'll wait for the reviews.
It's weird for me because it looks promising and boring at the same time.

Alienous

Should be a PSVR game. Sight-seeing being a large part of the experience makes it seem like it would be a better fit for that platform.

It could really hit big there, but as just a standard experience... eh.

IvanJ

Banned
Preordered, Day One.
Game is going to be awesome, and I intend to reach the center of the galaxy one day.

Allforce

I was initially super excited at the first few showings of it, but as time has gone on (and on and on and on) I'm now I'm pretty much in the "wait for a sale...maybe" camp.

The fact we're so close to release and still no concrete details have been explained or shown or described is causing a HUGE red flag for me. Also a nearly 2 month delay after being a few weeks away from launch is super troubling. I've been down this road before so I'll just wait and see.

MaDKaT

Day 1 but honestly may not play it until it is working in VR. Either via Vorpx or with any luck some sort of native support.

Grisby

I think I'll have some good fun with it. It'll probably be a thing where I discover some stuff, maybe get a good ship or so, and then come back to it over the next few years.

I still have my Limited Edition PS4, and IAM8BIT Collector's Edition copy preordered. A two month delay isn't going to make me change my mind.

Top Bottom