• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where is that Duke Nukem 3d Megaton Edition for PS3/Vita?

Got tired of waiting so I just bought it on steam.

Edit: will double dip when it's up in the USA.
(Actually I've bought this game at least 4 times now over the years so it will be a quintuple dip)

I have a feeling this is going to be on sale within a couple of months, but right now I don't care. I bought the Vita version immediately. Looking forward to playing it again; I really hope it's a good port, but I have faith in Abstraction :)

Moofers

WTH? Talk about piss-poor marketing.

What is this anyway? Is this like the old Duke Nukem 3D game from like 20 years ago? Is that all this is? I'd love a breakdown of what this package consists of. I'll probably get it on Vita if its $5-10 and has PC perfect DN3D.

Curious to hear impressions especially compared to the steam release if possible.

Is all the content the same?
How smooth is it? Any hiccups?
Does it use the back touchpad? Can you disable it?
Online Multiplayer?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
WTH? Talk about piss-poor marketing.

What is this anyway? Is this like the old Duke Nukem 3D game from like 20 years ago? Is that all this is? I'd love a breakdown of what this package consists of. I'll probably get it on Vita if its $5-10 and has PC perfect DN3D.

It's literally the Steam version ported to PS3/PSP2. That's it. No extra work.

Megaton added two or three new scenarios to the standard Duke3D package from the 1990's. Plus, they changed the "Shit happens" achievement back to "Looks like Cleanup on Aisle 4."

Which is kinda hilarious since that was the original achievement name for that in the XBLA Duke3D port. I guess console platform owners don't like the word "shit."

Edit: Plus they dropped the "Shame" achievement which is using a Cheat code because they can't be assed to change the keyboard input stuff into buttons, I guess. No "noclip" for you.

nampad

And they pulled it from the EU store again :(
This is so much bullshit. Seems like it is finally ready after all the wait and now they pull this.

Wasp

I was a little unsure whether to buy it so I added the PS3 version to my basket earlier. The talk of it being pulled made me panic into buying it. Downloading now...

Playing now on Vita, here are some incredibly brief impressions based solely on Hollywood Holocaust.

Fully redefinable controls.

60fps smooth.

Sticks feel great.

It's Duke 3D!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Playing now on Vita, here are some incredibly brief impressions based solely on Hollywood Holocaust.

Fully redefinable controls.

60fps smooth.

Sticks feel great.

It's Duke 3D!
Post screens please! XD

If it's really that good then the only reason i can think of for the removal is "regional" parity, IIRC DN3D still haven't passed US certification.

Dsyndrome

Post screens please! XD

If it's really that good then the only reason i can think of for the removal is "regional" parity, IIRC DN3D still haven't passed US certification.

They'd purposely hold it off to January for that? Sheesh. I hate licensing and regionalization issues more than most other things videogame related.

Wiggy

I managed to snag it for vita before it got taken down also. I agree with Lord British its a great port (at least based on the early levels).

Here are some quick screens I took from the level im on since people were asking for them.
3eWPbKH.jpg

z15WqDz.jpg

QAdYz0T.jpg

eZSCKvN.jpg

FD0VL0K.jpg

mZvm0n0.jpg

And in case people were wondering, yes I did die taking a few of these.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Is it possible turn off the texture filtering? Looks gross.

And there shouldn't be a region parity thing, lots of other games releases in certain territories first.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Is it possible turn off the texture filtering? Looks gross.

And there shouldn't be a region parity thing, lots of other games releases in certain territories first.

Yes, but none of them was removed despite being apparently perfect, and we all know that usually US have the priority.

Anyway it's just my hypothesis.

Spacejaws

It got pulled off the EU stores? Damn Im lucky had to search duke nukem to get it. Was trying to play multiplayer until I realised only 3 other people are ranked in the world (are they all on gaf? Co-op?)

Just in case anyone's interested in the menus and such:

F4RxSpq.jpg

G6uCcyv.jpg

teie4pG.jpg

All the extra map packs are there. Birth, DC, Carribean and Nuclear Winter.

xQqQubZ.jpg

97jJlRM.jpg

RMRyWYj.jpg

ISpbtGF.jpg

Art gallery. Might have been in the PC version, I don't recall.

C35sfq4.jpg

XWND6VW.jpg

God damnit! Why is this delayed to January when it obviously works and looks damn good! It only appeared in the EU store too?

WHYYYYYY!!!!

softie

Might have something to do with it being prepared as a PS+ offering, maybe? This also happened to other games, that were delayed just shortly before release.

Ok, that's encouraging.

It would be great if doom or quake would come to the device as well

Bad news. I checked, and the video settings are just the brightness.

The filter is always-on. This is a shame but not exactly a dealbreaker, I'd say. It might get patched in; I'm going to tweet the devs/publisher.

Might have something to do with it being prepared as a PS+ offering, maybe? This also happened to other games, that were delayed just shortly before release.

Nah, more like some QA glitch or ratings issue. They already released it and then pulled it, not delay it at the last minute :/

Top Bottom