• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

where is the opoona hype?

2DMention

Banned
Bump again.

Finally got time to play this, and while it's quirky and different, I kind of like the light-heartedness of it.

2DMention

Banned
Quite a bit further into it, and I'm really enjoying it now. It's a good departure from the JRPGs I'm used to playing. It really opens up when you get new jobs. I also love the TV stations.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Mejilan said:
I still need to buy this. Is it cheap yet?
$19.55 new at Amazon (FSSS, so buy it with something else), $19.99 new at Gamestop (And a lot of stores still have it in stock from the looks of it, and possible to order from interweb), $17.99 used.

DataBot

I cant play this game because of the fat little ball as main caharacter tried playing it but the main character design ruined this game for me for real...

Marvie_3

Banned
2DMention said:
Quite a bit further into it, and I'm really enjoying it now. It's a good departure from the JRPGs I'm used to playing. It really opens up when you get new jobs. I also love the TV stations.
Yeah, I found the beginning kinda slow. Definately picks up soon after though. :D

Scrubking

Finally got Opoona and I can't believe I waited this long. This game is beyond amazing. It's quickly becoming my all time favorite RPG.

Sadist

Haunted said:
:lol

Anyway, I got Opoona as well a few months back for € 10, which is a pretty good deal. It's a cool game full of quirky little characters and very easy gameplay, but in all it's okay. Graphicly it really looks like a Dreamcast game, but thanks to the artstyle its something you can work with. The beginning of the game is pretty boring to.

Sadist said:
:lol

Anyway, I got Opoona as well a few months back for € 10, which is a pretty good deal. It's a cool game full of quirky little characters and very easy gameplay, but in all it's okay. Graphicly it really looks like a Dreamcast game, but thanks to the artstyle its something you can work with. The beginning of the game is pretty boring to.
I agree with the bolded part. What I liked about Opoona is that it wasn't broken. What I didn't like was it wasn't much of anything else.

Haunted said:
I also agree with this bolded part.

Emotions

Scrubking said:
Finally got Opoona and I can't believe I waited this long. This game is beyond amazing. It's quickly becoming my all time favorite RPG.

That is a big stretch. But i've been playing some of it and it isn't half bad, I like it's quirkiness and the characters.

Sadist

Bending_Unit_22 said:
I agree with the bolded part. What I liked about Opoona is that it wasn't broken. What I didn't like was it wasn't much of anything else.
Correct.

Its a very basic RPG with a lot of feelgood moments. I'd still rate it a 70% becaus of it.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
2ymhue8.jpg

Still creeps me out. Makes it worse that he's his uncle (I think)

BikoBiko

SDZeta said:
Worth it for the soundtrack alone.
This. Visually it had some pretty nice parts too, I loved the simplicity. Although I stopped when I had to get 4 or 7 partizans to finish the game since I didn't want to run around and search for all these people to do fetch quests for them.

Top Bottom