• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which celebrity or celebrities deaths would affect you the most?

Bowie hurt.

John Carpenter
Paul McCartney
And basically every major player of the new Hollywood movement of the late 60's and 70's (Nicholson, Scorsese, Spielberg, etc.)

Alastor3

Have affected me: Jackson, I never really listen to his music before he died (did really like music at the time, was very limited in my taste) but it's the kind of guy that have so much attention by the media, that you would think he would be immortal, and it really hit me. I started listenning to his stuff after that, really good!

Robin Williams: I still can't believe it yet... fuck mental illness

Will probably affect me: Jim Carrey (yeah i know, vaccination controversy aside, i really like his character, his movies.

Serj Tankian.

The only youtuber i really follow, Criken, for still being down to earth after all those years.

MickeyPhree

Pat Riley.

Miami Heat basketball has always been a huge part of my life. His coaching and management helped make the Heat a championship organization.

TacosNSalsa

When Christopher Reeve died I was pretty upset even though I was a grown ass man ..lol..I grew up watching these movies and he fucking was Superman to me . So I would guess others the movies I loved at that time too..Dan Akroyd , Bill Murray and Ernie Hudson . When Harold Ramis died I was it did hurt. Sigourney Weaver was in both Alien movies and both Ghostbuster movies so that's a double kick in the nads..Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd will be probably be the worst for me .

Know it seems like a lot but growing up till about 12 or so I didn't have many friends , everyone pretty much treated me like shit cause I was a different race from them . They few friends I did have would come over and watch movies and play video games so these were my friends..

When Kanye dies, I'm just going to be a fucking wreck.

Yes, he's an idiot on a colossal level at times, but the man has created such a powerful body of work with the ethos that nothing should ever hold him back.

Choomp

Banned
Jeff Gerstmann

I'm glad someone else said it first so I didn't feel weird in a thread filled with big time celebs. Following a site like Giant Bomb is like having another friend group, in a weird way. It's why losing Ryan Davis sucked so much. That's why this first came to mind.

Actually, emotionally, when some wrestlers die I'll be kind of sad. Thing is most of my favorite childhood wrestlers are already dead, but if someone like Scott Hall or Jake the Snake Roberts died suddenly, I'd be sad for them knowing that they tried to fight their vices but their vices may have caught up with them.

Bret Hart, Hogan, Vince McMahon, they're not all good people, but I'll be disappointed if they die young/suddenly.

When Macho Man died some years back I was pretty disappointed. Most wrestler deaths are just sad circumstances.

Lord Fagan

Given how much undeserved butthurt he's fallen victim to, especially when measured against his actual achievements, I'm guessing George Lucas is really gonna hurt.

There's gonna be some backbiting, which will make it worse, but that man is a pillar of the middle-class popular imagination for two generations.

Harrison Ford dying will be an even bigger deal, though. So will Bruce Willis.

arigato

They already happened sadly and now no one is left who will literally hurt me as much as those who've already passed away.

adin75

There are many but the one that will likely top all the rest would be James Hetfield.

Have been a huge fan since my early teen years (into my 40's now, so it has been a while).

cr0w

Old Member
Gene Wilder's death broke my heart more so than any.

Same here. It was the first time I truly couldn't believe someone was no longer with us. He was such a good, gentle soul. The only one so far that's been close to the impact he had on me was Harold Ramis. Egon simply can't die.

When Bill Murray or Steve Martin go, I'm going to be an absolute mess.

There are many but the one that will likely top all the rest would be James Hetfield.

Have been a huge fan since my early teen years (into my 40's now, so it has been a while).

This one, too. I saw them live in June, and I was in awe of how much I admire him, especially how he's recovered from his substance abuse issues.

Top Bottom