• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which country has the best beer?

Best beer?

• England

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • Germany

Votes: 31 23.5%
  • Ireland

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • America

Votes: 32 24.2%
  • Canada

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Jamaica

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Japan

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Netherlands

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Belgium

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • Mexico

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Australia

• Russia

• Total voters

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I picked Germany because of its Wiehenstephaner that they enjoy, but really, the new world countries (Canada, Oz, US) have great boutique/micro breweries that make lovely beers and ales to suit everyone's tastes. Just like there's a foreign beer to suit everyone's tastes. And sometimes it's all about the occasion and your mood, and what food you're eating at the time.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Einstök White Ale - Iceland.

eZ2j2o3.jpg

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Whoever makes Coors Light.

I was recently at a party where I brought some fancy stuff along with me.. But I saw a Coors Light in the main cooler and something , maybe it was the heat, maybe it was the sun , just called out to me.

I drank that Coors Light and, to be perfectly honest, enjoyed it. It wasn't flavorful. But at the same time, it wasn't flawed. It was crisp, clean, and refreshing. There are a lot worse things I could have been drinking , some of them which carry the "craft" moniker on them.

Am I going to rush out and buy a "cube" of Coors Light? Absolutely not. But at that time, and that place, it worked out really well.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I was recently at a party where I brought some fancy stuff along with me.. But I saw a Coors Light in the main cooler and something , maybe it was the heat, maybe it was the sun , just called out to me.

I drank that Coors Light and, to be perfectly honest, enjoyed it. It wasn't flavorful. But at the same time, it wasn't flawed. It was crisp, clean, and refreshing. There are a lot worse things I could have been drinking , some of them which carry the "craft" moniker on them.

Am I going to rush out and buy a "cube" of Coors Light? Absolutely not. But at that time, and that place, it worked out really well.
It was the blue mountains on the can.

Fbh

I'd have to go with the UK (+ Ireland) as IPA's and Stouts are my favorite kind of beer.
Of course these days with microbreweries and craft beer you can find good Ipas and stouts almost everywhere but being the country of origin has to count for something.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Not an expert so I won't vote. But based on my experience:
  • German beer: awesome. Tastes great and it doesn't make you feel filled.
  • American beer: no. They are too light and don't taste good, at least those that I have tried.
  • Spanish beer: Not as good as the one from Germany, but still very good. I recommend Estrella Galicia and Alhambra.
Worst contenders for me are Heineken, Carlsberg, Budweisser and Coronita. Fuck those.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I’m not a huge beer guy but my favourite of all time is “Imperial” which is from Portugal I guess. I can never ever find it now though

Wildebeest

If you support a proper local brewery, the beer is likely taste better and not be flat.

But I'd like an Irish stout now so I voted that.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
The US has so many breweries these days it's no competition.
Thats what I was going to say. Its like hundreds of small scale, high quality, interesting breweries. The import section is so small in comparison and doesn't really have stuff thats unique to them anymore.

For me its 1) US, 2) Germany, 3) Japan.

I've never had beer from Belgium. Might have to try that.

Last edited:

Erdrick

We've got some decent beers up here in Canada but Germany and Belgium will always be my favourite producers based on the styles they do. 🍺

Hoddi

I swear by Weihenstephaner so that automatically gets my vote.

This 1000 times. People are so focused on hárkarl and svið they forget about the culinary things Iceland definitely does right. Good vodka as well! I could eat their lamb stew for every meal!
I'm Icelandic and I've never even eaten shark. And 'svið' is disgusting because you're basically tongue kissing a sheep and then eating its face.

Our booze is top notch though. We have the experience.

ahtlas7

I don’t drink much beer but Belgium is great. I think everyone here brews their own brand so it’s a different beer every time.

Top Bottom