• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which one is better Neogaf or Resetera ?

Neogaf vs Resetera ?

• Neogaf

Votes: 395 88.6%
  • Resetera

Votes: 51 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once i was walking down the street and my life partner Gary said to me

"Hey look there! its a resetera!"

As we got closer it was just a giant pile of rags in a garbage can covered in what appeared, smelled and tasted like human feces.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
The possibility that Rare could possibly make a Banjo-Threeie and the better controller outweighed the cheaper price, better tech and better Japanese support for PS4 in my decision between Xbox One and PS4.

O-N-E

The possibility that Rare could possibly make a Banjo-Threeie and the better controller outweighed the cheaper price, better tech and better Japanese support for PS4 in my decision between Xbox One and PS4.

source.gif

nush

Mods Halp! This topic has become infected with Cov 19 System wars!

In regards to gaming stuff GAF is a billion times worse then era. The hostility and console wars on this site are just downright embarrassing and it's been a billion times worse ever since the PS5 and its underwhelming specs were announced. Everything else though GAF is better by a mile.

RealGassy

Banned
For gaming? 100% Resetera.

For politics?
Well, resetera is out by default as it doesn't have freespeech.

On the other hand, while NeoGaf has freespeech, it not much use if most people frequenting
politics section don't have the mental faculties to hold an informed debate.

And nobody in their right mind is going to stick their head in a politically polarized echo chamber to get dogpilled by people who have no slightest clue what a valid and coherent argument looks like.

Resetera wins by a slight margin due to having better gaming content, OTs, etc.

NeoGaf is arguably more comfy as you don't have to double-think and self-censor yourself.

Dark Star

Neogaf has a much more memorable community. I recognize at least 50% of the users in any given thread, and I don't even post/lurk that much. It's more tight-knit, which I like a lot. One thing I really like about Neogaf is that you can, for the most part, speak your mind without serious backlash, and many users here have a great sense of humor. I don't have anything against ERA, because I post/lurk in many of great threads that have been produced in that community, especially on the gaming side, but it's definitely a different vibe, more formal.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

For politics?

On the other hand, while NeoGaf has freespeech, it not much use if most people frequenting

And nobody in their right mind is going to stick their head in a politically polarized echo chamber to get dogpilled by people who have no slightest clue what a valid and coherent argument looks like.

NeoGaf is arguably more comfy as you don't have to double-think and self-censor yourself.
AmusedSlimyAfricanclawedfrog.gif

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!

For politics?

What did they ban u for

Flintty

GAF is a community, with good and bad members but free flowing conversation. Sure, you can get dogpiled for saying something people disagree with, but rarely banned for it.

Era is an echo chamber with mostly lunatics falling over each other to claim the next scalp. Like someone else said, you rarely get a reply in a thread unless it’s someone disagreeing with you and baiting you for a ban because you dare see things differently. Then there’s the real nasty shit that goes on there, some of which contributed to actual deaths but you’re not allowed to talk about them.

The question is basically what do you like better... Old GAF or New GAF? I guess you could argue that it isn't since its worse than what Old GAF was. But I'd point out that its what Old GAF was building to and would likely currently be if they stay.

Yes I like New GAF better. The reality is what people believe GAF was September 2017 wasn't here then. They left long before because of having their own subreddits/forums/twitter feeds. Leaks of any real meaning are found on websites or twitter, not GAF or Resetera. For example TheGamingRevolution leaked almost all of Modern Warfare on twitter. Jason from Kotaku on Resetera leaked it wasn't COD Ghosts 2.

If I wanted to communicate with Halo devs for example, I'd go to there subreddit. If I wanted to be blocked or ignored by Jason from Kotaku, I'd go to twitter. If I wanted to go to leaks, I'd go to their source. I come to GAF for its community. I stay away from Resetera/4chan because of its community.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
A LOT of Reseteras gaming content is superfluous and filler. But, on the other hand it covers the major AND minor/niche games/news/sales/releases/etc. where as gafs gaming threads pretty much only cover the major headlines, with a dedicated few who keep a couple niche topics alive ( ie. The PnC crew <3).

I just wish gaf had a dedicated team of members to keep up with the slew of gaming news/games., but i dont really care. its much more tolerable to read and chat here. and if anything real happens i nthe industry you hear about it still....the only thing you truly miss out on are learning about under the radar shit and self wanking with other weebs about your nerdy niche topic. which usually is just people either proving their knowledge/love/loyalty of a game or fantasizing and speculating (day dreaming about neverhappens)

petran79

Banned
There is also MetaCouncil.

For actual discussions of gaming news, NeoGAF.
Try to post and discuss on RE or Reddit and be buried under thousands of posts.

I do not care that much for non-gaming related communities for which RE is better or politics either, for which GAF is better. Also on GAF you will not be marked for ban hammer if you criticise gaming figures and journalists. I also notice unprofessional conduct on RE by both journalist and developers and the latter is even worse since they tarnish their company's reputation.

In short, RE is how they want games and "gamers" to be and GAF is how games and "gamers" are with all their good and mostly bad sides. Trying to change it while pretending you are above it is making it worse.

Moogle11

Banned
The question is basically what do you like better... Old GAF or New GAF? I guess you could argue that it isn't since its worse than what Old GAF was. But I'd point out that its what Old GAF was building to and would likely currently be if they stay.

Yes I like New GAF better. The reality is what people believe GAF was September 2017 wasn't here then. They left long before because of having their own subreddits/forums/twitter feeds. Leaks of any real meaning are found on websites or twitter, not GAF or Resetera. For example TheGamingRevolution leaked almost all of Modern Warfare on twitter. Jason from Kotaku on Resetera leaked it wasn't COD Ghosts 2.

If I wanted to communicate with Halo devs for example, I'd go to there subreddit. If I wanted to be blocked or ignored by Jason from Kotaku, I'd go to twitter. If I wanted to go to leaks, I'd go to their source. I come to GAF for its community. I stay away from Resetera/4chan because of its community.

While I only occasionally read GAF ages ago and was mostly on other forums, GAF seemed like a great place before Gamergate and then the 2016 election etc. That started all the SJW vs their other side counterparts nonsense And things quickly went downhill on GAF and most gaming forums.

Before that the gaming side was full of the great OTs, breaking news and leaks, there were active community threads for games etc. Some fanboy, console warring nonsenseas all forums, but GAF was more tightly moderated than the ones I was active on like Cheapassgamer. I just never signed up back then as I refuse to use my work or ISP email for things like forums.

But agreed that new GAF is far better than post Gamergate GAF and vastly superior to ResetEra that’s worthless for anything but lurking the gaming side occasionally for breaking news/leaks.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Is this one of those "high quality" posts I'm told exists on Resetera?

A thread commemorating a genocidal monster.

pEo3idR.png

Gee, why can't Neogaf be this "woke" and celebrate mass murderers?

CommunistEra😱

Man i just read some of the comments there in that Lenin aniversary thread

Seriourly fked up

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
For actual discussions of gaming news, NeoGAF.
Try to post and discuss on RE or Reddit and be buried under thousands of posts.

With Reddit I find things like r/games are a good substitute for skimming for news instead of ResetEra. Too busy for real discussion for sure. r/gaming is a cesspool or kids posting memes and screenshots.

What is great on Reddit is the game-specific subs. I prefer having essential a forum full of threads about one game than a big OT with every post about the game jumbled together in one place. They‘re a nice supplement
to here since few games here have active OTs as more posts are next gen console warring type stuff.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Japanese games. "Problematic" Japanese games.

Even a game like Dragon Quest is enough to bring out the crazies because of one of the musicians who works on it.

What problematic japanese game ?

Out of those three i only know Persona

Is there anything with that game according to them?

Or that dragon quest musician ?

Last edited:

TaySan

Banned
Japanese games. "Problematic" Japanese games.

Even a game like Dragon Quest is enough to bring out the crazies because of one of the musicians who works on it.
Sugiyama is a Nanjing Massacre denialist and denies Japanese war crimes against the Chinese during WW2. I think that is a valid reason to not support the man.

Saber

Whats wrong with those game?

Sorry for the newbie question

According to Era, if you like any of those games you are automatically tagged as:

Sexist, pedo, mysoginy, homophobic, wanker and boys sex club.

But whats wrong with those games? Nothing, absolutelly nothing. They are excellent games, DQ XI being one of my favorites.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Sugiyama is a Nanjing Massacre denialist and denies Japanese war crimes against the Chinese during WW2. I think that is a valid reason to not support the man.
That's cool.

I also hope you apply your boycotts to actual Chinese products given what just happened to the world.

Otherwise, you're directing all your energy and anger at some boomer who just press keys on a keyboard. Hell, the entire problem with Japan's crime denials stems in their education system, so even just blaming him might be shortsighted. Any product you buy from Japan might stem from people with similar views.

Last edited:

petran79

Banned

Even Kotaku , Tim Rogers and J.Schreier do not mention the musician controversy at all in this review that focuses on the game, despite being written after the composer's comments

Airbus Jr

Banned
According to Era, if you like any of those games you are automatically tagged as:

But whats wrong with those games? Nothing, absolutelly nothing.

Those people have no life or something?

Jesus...

I have bigger problem in my life than complaining about those game...

Cant imagine a grown up adult crying about game like catherine or persona...

Last edited:

Saber

Those people have no life or something?

Jesus...

I have bigger problem in my life than complaining about those game...

Cant imagine a grown up adult crying about game like catherine or persona...

I think I remember they proposing to have a "council" to force some of those games to be "banned" from Era.

If you dunno about this, they totally have a list of banned games.

That's cool.

I also hope you apply your boycotts to actual Chinese products given what just happened to the world.

Otherwise, you're directing all your energy and anger at some boomer who just press keys on a keyboard. Hell, the entire problem with Japan's crime denials stems in their education system, so even just blaming him might be shortsighted.
It’s always been flexible morals.

How you can game or use Apple devices knowing the labor conditions of the workers assembling the products? Assuming of course that you have a problem with a music composers take on history, crunch a gaming studios, or “how game makes me feel”.

It’s just an odd stance to take imo. Boycotting a person a group for eating beef but turning a blind eye to that group next to them eating people.

Or perhaps it isn’t flexible morals but inability to take a stand that would affect themselves. Easy to boycott a product or company you never had any intention of buying.

TaySan

Banned
That's cool.

Otherwise, you're directing all your energy and anger at some boomer who just press keys on a keyboard. Hell, the entire problem with Japan's crime denials stems in their education system, so even just blaming him might be shortsighted. Any product you buy from Japan might stem from people with similar views.
Ignorance isn't really an excuse since he actively campaigns for these beliefs.
https://kotaku.com/the-sad-story-of-a-japanese-gaming-legend-who-pretends-5901590

Also he was around when the war happened so the education system isn't an excuse for him either.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
I think I remember they proposing to have a "council" to force some of those games to be "banned" from Era.

If you dunno about this, they totally have a list of banned games.

Never knew about this

This is getting more ridiculous than i thought

What other games are banned there?

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member

But whats wrong with those games? Nothing, absolutelly nothing. They are excellent games, DQ XI being one of my favorites.

Don't forget Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

I was never a part of old GAF. I always used Reddit for gaming news. I joined ERA after being linked some news through a subreddit over there because of how fast they had news and some insiders posting leaks etc. I posted a little bit but never really interacted with anyone because it would quickly be drowned out in hundreds of others posts and frankly I did't really agree with a lot of what they were posting. I had never heard of the controversy or what happened just that you guys were a bunch of racist trump supporting nazi's.

One topic over there really pushed me over the edge so I just floated over here to check out what was going on and registered and to my surprise instead of swastikas I was greeted with welcomes and PM's from people like Mista Mista , -Arcadia- -Arcadia- , brap brap , and as much as it pains me to say.. MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima trying to get to know me and asking me about my favorite games.

People over there don't really give a shit who you are if you don't agree with their personal interests.

JordanN

Banned
Ignorance isn't really an excuse since he actively campaigns for these beliefs.
It doesn't matter.

If you're new to this subject, the topic of war crime denials supersedes one man. It's in their education system, and they even have shrines dedicated to their war dead where their Prime Minister still makes visits.

Any product you buy from Japan carries the same risk of funding a denier. Just one really old guy who might not even be around in the next 5 years happens to be vocal about it.

Last edited:

TaySan

Banned
It doesn't matter.

If you're new to this subject, the topic of war crime denials supersedes one man. It's in their education system, and they even have shrines dedicated to their war dead where their Prime Minister still makes visits.

Any product you buy from Japan carries the same risk of funding a denier. Just one really old guy who might not even be around in the next 5 years happens to be vocal about it.
I'm sure to the relatives of victims of Japanese war crimes it matters to them a lot. And Sugiyama isn't just some "old guy". He's quite popular in Japan.

Saber

Don't forget Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

I was never a part of old GAF. I always used Reddit for gaming news. I joined ERA after being linked some news through a subreddit over there because of how fast they had news and some insiders posting leaks etc. I posted a little bit but never really interacted with anyone because it would quickly be drowned out in hundreds of others posts and frankly I did't really agree with a lot of what they were posting. I had never heard of the controversy or what happened just that you guys were a bunch of racist trump supporting nazi's.

One topic over there really pushed me over the edge so I just floated over here to check out what was going on and registered and to my surprise instead of swastikas I was greeted with welcomes and PM's from people like Mista Mista , -Arcadia- -Arcadia- , brap brap , and as much as it pains me to say.. MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima trying to get to know me and asking me about my favorite games.

People over there don't really give a shit who you are if you don't agree with their personal interests.

For me was kinda of revelation.

You see I was, alongside my brother, tagged as support of bullying. Meaning we were both banned(one week).

I don't like Serebii. Hes a cretin that uses his fans as an excuse and hide between his tail when he get fact checked. But I never got the chance to explain that a coin(meaning him) has two sides. One of his sides is mocking and offending people, while the other is hiding behind people when people offends him.

After my time spent out that forum I was in a process of thinking. Having myself present in a good amount of forums, I never was banned in any of them. So I was like...am I what they think I am?

So after receiving some PMs of people mocking and insulting me, I just knew that forum wasn't for me. If theres one thing I know about forums, is that accounts have no real attachment to me. They're just meaning to conversation.

Just like whem I quit from Sonic Stadium when a mod gave me a Nazi speech.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom