• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which one is better Neogaf or Resetera ?

Neogaf vs Resetera ?

• Neogaf

Votes: 395 88.6%
  • Resetera

Votes: 51 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lock2k

Banned
Theres been ongoing fight between these two for awhile

As a fellow member of Neogaf what makes you decide to stay on our side ?

What makes this place is different than the others?

Any fellow Reset member are also free to come here and comment

Feel free to talk about what you dont like in Neogaf or Resetera, or any member/admin on Neogaf or Resetera you dont like

No need to worry about getting banned or anything

This is free for all thread

speak up your mind and express your freedom

thank you

Neogaf = America.

Resetera = Cuba.

Which one do you prefer?

Freedom.

Fuck that place.

JordanN

Banned
I'm sure to the relatives of victims of Japanese war crimes it matters to them a lot. And Sugiyama isn't just some "old guy". He's quite popular in Japan.
Dragon Quest has been around 34 years and is so popular that launch days are treated as holidays in Japan.
The idea that losing 1 or 2 sales is suppose to offset this looks naive at best, and downright idiotic.

But then again, this is also why I don't subscribe to social justice.

If you want real activism, why not actually meet up and talk with the victims? No, just participating on a video game board doesn't make you mother Teresa.

Especially when the same people are fine buying up thousands of other products that come from "problematic" sources. Again, where's the mass boycott of China and their widespread damage being done to the world right now?

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Poll should have had 'Display votes publicly' enabled.

raw

lock2k

Banned
Sugiyama is a Nanjing Massacre denialist and denies Japanese war crimes against the Chinese during WW2. I think that is a valid reason to not support the man.

If you're going to think of reasons not to support a person you will end up not supporting anyone because, deep down, all human beings are assholes and flawed in some way.

nush

Gold Member
That's cool.

I also hope you apply your boycotts to actual Chinese products given what just happened to the world.

Otherwise, you're directing all your energy and anger at some boomer who just press keys on a keyboard. Hell, the entire problem with Japan's crime denials stems in their education system, so even just blaming him might be shortsighted. Any product you buy from Japan might stem from people with similar views.

Your expecting him to have any independent thought? The first example he comes up with is a China defence one. Seeing as Ree is all about defending China right now.

He just goes into topics, sees the way the discussion is going and just agrees. This is bad? I agree. This is good? I agree.

StormCell

I tried to stick it out at Era for a few months. In that time, I never really felt like I got to know anyone. I saw over a hundred bans happen in that span of time, and I knew it was BS that people were getting temp-banned for simple stuff like keeping an open mind about events. Like, it's fine if you want to remain level headed, but even posting about being level headed will get you a temp ban.

The only reason I tried to stick it out there is because there were a few lively personalities in their Nintendo discussion. Eventually, I think I realized that those people were posting so much deliberately and not necessarily because they really wanted to be posting so much all day every day.

Era is a sham. Bought, paid for, manufactured, and a production. If they think you're toxic, they will ban you. If you had to work in a professional environment with these same individuals, they would collaborate to get you fired. Believe it.

Darth

I tried to stick it out at Era for a few months. In that time, I never really felt like I got to know anyone. I saw over a hundred bans happen in that span of time, and I knew it was BS that people were getting temp-banned for simple stuff like keeping an open mind about events. Like, it's fine if you want to remain level headed, but even posting about being level headed will get you a temp ban.

The only reason I tried to stick it out there is because there were a few lively personalities in their Nintendo discussion. Eventually, I think I realized that those people were posting so much deliberately and not necessarily because they really wanted to be posting so much all day every day.

Era is a sham. Bought, paid for, manufactured, and a production. If they think you're toxic, they will ban you. If you had to work in a professional environment with these same individuals, they would collaborate to get you fired. Believe it.

Those types of people would never last in a corporate environment and if they did management sure as hell wouldn't choose them over a normal person.

petran79

Banned
Ignorance isn't really an excuse since he actively campaigns for these beliefs.
https://kotaku.com/the-sad-story-of-a-japanese-gaming-legend-who-pretends-5901590

Also he was around when the war happened so the education system isn't an excuse for him either.

Even the glorified Nintendo had ties to organized crime and prostitution. Dont see that much mentioned and on the contrary they laud Nintendo ninjas...

A large part of marketing includes building up a reputation through different strategies based on the factors that are present in the market. However, sometimes companies have a 180-degree shift with the type of business they proceed with.

A good example of this is Nokia, which turned from a factory that produced paper to the best mobile phone company in the 2000s.

However, instead of talking about Nokia, we’re going to be taking a look at what Nintendo occupied itself with before entering the video game industry. At the same time, I hope that you’ll acknowledge the importance of a pristine image gained through marketing. So pristine that many people aren’t aware of the love hotels Nintendo occupied itself with in Japan in the 1960s.

What Is a Love Hotel?

I’m aware that many people are familiar with the term, but I still want to explain it so that there’s no confusion. A love hotel is simply a hotel for people to have sex in (specifically built for this). This isn’t illegal, and it’s still quite a common business in Japan. According to some research done on this industry, love hotels were booming in Japan in the 1960s and 1970s.

Many foreigners described them as motels, but in recent years, they’ve actually become very extravagant with themed rooms and even costumes (as weird as it sounds). These hotels have become a real money maker. The problem with these hotels, though, is that there is some illegal business conducted in them. This includes prostitution as most of these love hotels are found within the red light districts.

At the time, Hiroshi Yamauchi was the president of Nintendo, and he was a very successful businessman in Japan and was always investing in new ventures like the love hotel. Nintendo didn’t really have much of a plan as to what it wanted to become, but they had a lot of financial power.

Where did all the money come from?

What a better way to promote such love hotels than through the notorious Yakuza clan (Japanese Mafia). They ran the sex industry at the time (and probably still do), and therefore they tried to lure Hiroshi Yamauchi into a deal where their prostitutes could use the love hotels. Many people Fusajiro Yamauchi, the founder of Nintendo, was the one who created connections with organized crime.

One thing led to another and more crimes started to appear under Nintendo’s name, such as gambling. At this point, Nintendo’s name made sense as the translation from Japanese would be something like “equally unclear,” or a more specific translation, “leave luck to heaven.” This is because Hiroshi Yamauchi tried his luck at all sorts of ventures, from local restaurants to taxi services.

In the late 1970s, all of the dodgy business was left behind, and even the love hotel venture that Nintendo opened failed. At this time, Hiroshi Yamauchi had an interesting thought. The late 1970s marked the start of the video game industry, and Yamauchi saw the true potential with that industry. He realized it could be very lucrative.

Nintendo became the pioneers of the video game industry and created popular game titles like Super Mario. As they became more and more popular, their notorious history was forgotten.

Last edited:

TaySan

Banned
Even the glorified Nintendo had ties to organized crime and prostitution. Dont see that much mentioned and on the contrary they laud Nintendo ninjas...

A large part of marketing includes building up a reputation through different strategies based on the factors that are present in the market. However, sometimes companies have a 180-degree shift with the type of business they proceed with.

A good example of this is Nokia, which turned from a factory that produced paper to the best mobile phone company in the 2000s.

However, instead of talking about Nokia, we’re going to be taking a look at what Nintendo occupied itself with before entering the video game industry. At the same time, I hope that you’ll acknowledge the importance of a pristine image gained through marketing. So pristine that many people aren’t aware of the love hotels Nintendo occupied itself with in Japan in the 1960s.

What Is a Love Hotel?

I’m aware that many people are familiar with the term, but I still want to explain it so that there’s no confusion. A love hotel is simply a hotel for people to have sex in (specifically built for this). This isn’t illegal, and it’s still quite a common business in Japan. According to some research done on this industry, love hotels were booming in Japan in the 1960s and 1970s.

Many foreigners described them as motels, but in recent years, they’ve actually become very extravagant with themed rooms and even costumes (as weird as it sounds). These hotels have become a real money maker. The problem with these hotels, though, is that there is some illegal business conducted in them. This includes prostitution as most of these love hotels are found within the red light districts.

At the time, Hiroshi Yamauchi was the president of Nintendo, and he was a very successful businessman in Japan and was always investing in new ventures like the love hotel. Nintendo didn’t really have much of a plan as to what it wanted to become, but they had a lot of financial power.

Where did all the money come from?

What a better way to promote such love hotels than through the notorious Yakuza clan (Japanese Mafia). They ran the sex industry at the time (and probably still do), and therefore they tried to lure Hiroshi Yamauchi into a deal where their prostitutes could use the love hotels. Many people Fusajiro Yamauchi, the founder of Nintendo, was the one who created connections with organized crime.

One thing led to another and more crimes started to appear under Nintendo’s name, such as gambling. At this point, Nintendo’s name made sense as the translation from Japanese would be something like “equally unclear,” or a more specific translation, “leave luck to heaven.” This is because Hiroshi Yamauchi tried his luck at all sorts of ventures, from local restaurants to taxi services.

In the late 1970s, all of the dodgy business was left behind, and even the love hotel venture that Nintendo opened failed. At this time, Hiroshi Yamauchi had an interesting thought. The late 1970s marked the start of the video game industry, and Yamauchi saw the true potential with that industry. He realized it could be very lucrative.

Nintendo became the pioneers of the video game industry and created popular game titles like Super Mario. As they became more and more popular, their notorious history was forgotten.

*Sigh* Enough of the whataboutisms all i said was there is a perfectly valid reason to not support the man. I didn't even go into his Anti LGBT activism and homophobia.

mcjmetroid

Resetera CAN be a good forum and users can be lovely and very helpful.

But... The most popular threads are the most dramatic.

The most popular threads here can be the dramatic ones but I enjoy the piss take element of this forum.

If I was to party with a forum it's gotta be this one over Resetera.

buizel

Banned
*Sigh* Enough of the whataboutisms all i said was there is a perfectly valid reason to not support the man. I didn't even go into his Anti LGBT activism and homophobia.

miyamoto might have been homophobic and against blt's. lets just assume he is to be safe and never buy a nintendo again

JordanN

Banned
No, but its completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. "But what about China! But what about Nintendo!" Its irrelevant and doesnt make this issue any less valid. People can care about more than 1 issue at a time.
It represents a double standard. Or honestly, just messed up priorities.

An 89 year old is no where physically capable of picking up a sword and going to China and slaughtering people. The idea he is public enemy #1 when there are probably younger Japanese out there who are much more physically active is again, extremely naive to borderline idiotic.

But like I said, I just think your Reset boycotts shows how ineffective or out of touch with the rest of the world you are.

I could never take solace that boycotting a game makes me a hero. Playing video games isn't an achievement.

Technically, even the act of playing video games also has problematic roots. What's your answer that the materials to make consoles are based on slave labor?

Last edited:
Not only users are better (they even have Dictator, how lucky they are), better topics but they have better mods.... by far! 🤣😂

My account there is still open to illustrate how (sold to Nintendo and) close to any kind of opinion they are. I got ban there a few days (even gay with less checked privileges can got ban there). Best part was mod, so irrational (😱😱🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂). I've observed infantilization was require there. They are so childhish. 😂🤣

There are reasons why more and more people are getting gold memberships here. So pround to be GOLD.✨

nush

Gold Member
Not only users are better (they even have Dictator, how lucky they are), better topics but they have better mods.... by far! 🤣😂

My account there is still open to illustrate how (sold to Nintendo and) close to any kind of opinion they are. I got ban there a few days (even gay with less checked privileges can got ban there). Best part was mod, so irrational (😱😱🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂). I've observed infantilization was require there. They are so childhish. 😂🤣

There are reasons why more and more people are getting gold memberships here. So pround to be GOLD.✨

Can anybody parse this?

Neolombax

Neogaf of course. Era is intimidating to be at. People seem to be more hostile there, for some odd reason. I do go there to read on game OT's and stuff, but I rarely participate in their discussions. I feel here its more chill for me to put out my honest thoughts.

Airbus Jr

Banned
#CrazyEra#NastyEra#StupidEra#InsaneEra#AngryEra#DegenerateEra#PedoEra#RejectedPeopleofSocietyEra

And last but not least
#CommieEra#

petran79

Banned

But I posted it to shows Re and
gaming industry's double standards. Were he a billionaire and supported them with ads and had a whole army of journalists write for his music, criticisms would be hushed or brushed aside.

RealGassy

Banned
An 89 year old is no where physically capable of picking up a sword and going to China and slaughtering people. The idea he is public enemy #1 when there are probably younger Japanese out there who are much more physically active is again, extremely naive to borderline idiotic.
Sugiyama is both very famous, wealthy and influential. He wields an order of magnitude more power and influence than some random piss poor Japanese youngster.
Random Japanese youngster is not endowed to run full-page warcrime denial ads in Washington Post (and NYT and so on)

And boycotting wasn't even the argument - the argument was that there are valid reasons not to "support the guy".
Moreover he directly degrades quality of DQ games by often prohibiting them using orchestrated soundtrack, instead forcing them to use synth MIDI sounds.

I've seen people positively discuss both DQ, Persona and XC2 on Ree, so I don't know where people are getting that you'd get banned or called out for liking any of those.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom