• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which one is better Neogaf or Resetera ?

Neogaf vs Resetera ?

• Neogaf

Votes: 395 88.6%
  • Resetera

Votes: 51 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ViolentP

NeoGaf has its problems, especially with pettiness. But pettiness can be outgrown. What this place has is honest opinions regardless of what side of the fence they land. I will take that over a council trying to cultivate what they think is best for me by manipulating the flow of information. What they are building over there is unhealthy and it is only a matter of time before it creates a tragedy.

That said, I voted for Resetera. There is far more value in seeing what not to do than the contrary.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
Hey Tyler it's Munancho, just borrowing my friend's account real quick (but you can delete it, he doesn't care). Firstly, cute thing you did there with the ban message. Secondly, just for clarification are you seriously okay with the way NeoGaf is right now? There will be an Trashfire Community | OT | Burn Baby Burn thread by the end of the year (if there isn't one already). Is the site's moral grotesqueity supposed to be your revenge against the "sjw" who scorned you? Good grief. No offense but be honest, if you heard of someone else doing that, wouldn't you think that it's the most pathetic and predicatble thing ever?

As a fellow human being, if you're not seeing a therapist already, I urge you to consider it.

Papa

Banned
Thanks cobber

Not only am I on the CCP payroll, Resetera got my account details too.

Let me know if you want in on the action!

Let me be clear, I don’t believe you to be a paid CCP shill like rongdi.

You got caught up in an argument with Johnny who trounced you with facts. You seem like one of those kids who can’t handle being wrong because he was raised in participation trophy culture, so you just kept spinning wheels and deflecting to the point where you were actually supporting the CCP because the other option would’ve been admitting you were wrong. That happens all the time, and it’s funny to point at laugh at the retard narcs who get caught in that trap, but where you went wrong was threatening to put him on ignore because you couldn’t beat his argument. That’s straight bitch mode, and we don’t take kindly to bitches round here.

Resetera is terrible, going there would make me anxious and agitated, there was always some bullshit drama going on, people lashing out at others for saying things they didn't like, insane double standards when it came to equality. I remember one of the last threads I viewed before deciding for good that I was just done with the place had a few people getting warnings because they said the word cunt, it was sexist according to the lunatic mods, even though the people who got the warnings called out the mods because they were from the UK and said it's common for them to use the word. So then I replied to the thread saying the same thing they were saying but referring to the people as cocks and dicks instead of cunts, waited for my warning, I definitely didn't get one. This applied to everything, from religion, to race, sexual preference and orientation, it didn't matter, the place was fucking ridiculous. I miss some of my friends from there though, who were originally from here.

Moderation and site features are so infinitely better that its immeasurable. Neogaf dev team is nailing it and running the site really well.

However, Resetera probably still has the edge in terms of higher quality, high effort posts and threads. We have the tools and the freedom to make this site the best out there, but a lot of it gets squandered on lowest possible effort shitposting. Shitposting is fine and all, and I do it too - but we are a little light on fantastic, high effort thread creation.

We have only a handful of posters who consistently put in the effort to make high quality threads and post current news. I'm not one of them, but I can at least say that I appreciate them because they are critical to keeping the site worth visiting. Even though REEE is a dumpster fire I refuse to visit, they probably still have the edge on gaming side in terms of high quality OTs and news.

Last edited:

Mohonky

Well Im a member of one and not the other

Tho Ree provides good lols. Its like the internets greatest drama.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
One has Neo in the name, which means new and new usually means improved or fresh.

One has Reset in the name, which is an action usually done when something no longer works and it needs to start over. I think they should look to their namesake a little closer for a hint.

Last edited:
I have absolutely zero interest in ResetEra and what people have to say about it. For me, as far as online gaming communities are concerned, there is only NeoGAF. I only get a little bit annoyed when older members here still talk about the other site as I think not giving them any attention would serve to better make them irrelevant. Simply put, it's 2020, no longer 2016 or 2017 or whenever it was that shit got real. Let's forget about ResetEra or at the very least try to keep it confined to the official thread. I love you guys but it's all about NeoGAF for me, seeing EviLore and the rest of the staff keep it afloat with new features has been awesome.

JordanN

Banned
Moderation and site features are so infinitely better that its immeasurable. Neogaf dev team is nailing it and running the site really well.

However, Resetera probably still has the edge in terms of higher quality, high effort posts and threads. We have the tools and the freedom to make this site the best out there, but a lot of it gets squandered on lowest possible effort shitposting. Shitposting is fine and all, and I do it too - but we are a little light on fantastic, high effort thread creation.

We have only a handful of posters who consistently put in the effort to make high quality threads and post current news. I'm not one of them, but I can at least say that I appreciate them because they are critical to keeping the site worth visiting. Even though REEE is a dumpster fire I refuse to visit, they probably still have the edge on gaming side in terms of high quality OTs and news.
I'm not being biased but this is what passes for "quality" on Reset.

GLjBIfO.png

Second post, and it's already "orange man bad".

I'm not being biased but this is what passes for "quality" on Reset.

GLjBIfO.png

Second post, and it's already "orange man bad".
The second post of what? I'm sure Miku Miku was talking more about Gaming which has its fair share of low effort replies. Highlighting their political and/or social justice bias is easy but someone on ResetEra can say the same about NeoGAF. Even if we do overall lean towards the middle on the political spectrum, the most vocal posts in Politics support Trump and that's fine, but you're really going to spotlight one post to say, "Haha, look at this guy believing orange man bad, amirite?"

I'm not even defending ResetEra, I could care less what they say or post over there, but this ongoing "let me convince you all of why we're so much better" routine is growing tiresome. It makes all of us look like we're obsessed when some of us just want to log in and talk about games.

nush

Gold Member
I can make a joke and not get banned.

I can not conform to their ideologies and not get banned.

I can basically be myself on this forum without getting banned.

You can criticize GAF on another forum or Discord and not have fragile mods overreaching to other platforms to see what you are saying about them without getting banned.

JordanN

Banned
I'm not even defending ResetEra, I could care less what they say or post over there,
So why are you in this thread? This is not the thread to talk about games.

Highlighting their political and/or social justice bias is easy but someone on ResetEra can say the same about NeoGAF.
We don't act as the paragon of righteousness.
In fact, the stereotypes pushed out by Reset that anyone opposite to them is literally the devil is not actually found here.
But you have the same people saying "we're the good ones" also pushing out death threats or drivel.

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
Let me be clear, I don’t believe you to be a paid CCP shill like rongdi.

You got caught up in an argument with Johnny who trounced you with facts. You seem like one of those kids who can’t handle being wrong because he was raised in participation trophy culture, so you just kept spinning wheels and deflecting to the point where you were actually supporting the CCP because the other option would’ve been admitting you were wrong. That happens all the time, and it’s funny to point at laugh at the retard narcs who get caught in that trap, but where you went wrong was threatening to put him on ignore because you couldn’t beat his argument. That’s straight bitch mode, and we don’t take kindly to bitches round here.

Johnny couldn’t trounce my 8 yr old son ffs. I have seen a few of his other posts....Jesus. And by you saying that shows the level of intelligence that we have on here. Googling some things before posting only goes so far. I stuck to my point and didn’t deviate, whilst you intellectuals didn’t even bother to address it in numerous replies.

Of course I said I was going to ignore him, arguing with people like that is the same as trying to convince religious nuts that Jesus is not real. There is no debating to be had.

Let’s cut to the quick here. It’s not about bitches, it’s about opinions. And people not having the same opinion are not tolerated. The proof was my ban.
What an absolute fucking joke that was. You have got to ask what is the point of the mod post in the politics section when it ain’t worth the fucking time that it takes to read the utter bullshit that is wrote in it?

I’ll leave it there and ask you to do the same. Seeing as certain people or the ones who share the same ideals are more protected than others on here I think that it is for the best

Papa

Banned
Johnny couldn’t trounce my 8 yr old son ffs. I have seen a few of his other posts....Jesus. And by you saying that shows the level of intelligence that we have on here. Googling some things before posting only goes so far. I stuck to my point and didn’t deviate, whilst you intellectuals didn’t even bother to address it in numerous replies.

Of course I said I was going to ignore him, arguing with people like that is the same as trying to convince religious nuts that Jesus is not real. There is no debating to be had.

Let’s cut to the quick here. It’s not about bitches, it’s about opinions. And people not having the same opinion are not tolerated. The proof was my ban.
What an absolute fucking joke that was. You have got to ask what is the point of the mod post in the politics section when it ain’t worth the fucking time that it takes to read the utter bullshit that is wrote in it?

I’ll leave it there and ask you to do the same. Seeing as certain people or the ones who share the same ideals are more protected than others on here I think that it is for the best

Take the fuckin L. There are no participation trophies here.

nush

Gold Member

538.jpg

It shows that Neogaf as a whole has devolved into an almost parasitic entity that feeds of the collective crap that freely spews from another site whereas before it was its own self contained ecosystem that uesd to lead where it now follows.
We don't follow pedophiles or communists, fucktard.

Anyone saying a single positive thing abour resetera will get a very nasty reply from me.

Zero Tolerance for any reetard from now on.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
A little more active gaming threads on GAF would be nice.

Era’s discussion about games is a lot less active than before, and there’s 5 threads about why a certain game is not OK for every thread where people talk about the actual game. Any other discussion can’t be defined as one-way only because there’s a different way every other hour according to the mods’ whims. It’s highly entertaining from a distance, I’ll give it that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom