• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which one is better Neogaf or Resetera ?

Neogaf vs Resetera ?

• Neogaf

Votes: 395 88.6%
  • Resetera

Votes: 51 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesseract

Banned
Era has a no nonsense policy to trolling. You can be conservative as long as you don't just post drivebys and troll posts.

Many of those posters there are not banned and i still see them regularly. I don't know why every one of those posters were banned, but many that i've seen were mostly drivebys in very sensitive topics. Also we have a large moderate userbase such as poligaf/Era.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
That dude who called GAF a cockroach, those kind of accounts are the biggest mysteries to me. Do they just lurk and wait and wait and wait until a thread like this to “shoot their shot?” Like, was that account solely created just to suicide in a meta commentary thread one day?

Last edited:
That dude who called GAF a cockroach, those kind of accounts are the biggest mysteries to me. Do they just lurk and wait and wait and wait until a thread like this to “shoot their shot?” Like, was that account solely created just to suicide in a meta commentary thread one day?
"I hate that place and its members and I just HAVE to let them know".

Weirdos.

I was permabanned for "Misogyny" for my detailed post about why I think that women are wired in a different way when it comes to goals in relationships.

And I have seen that kind of banning people for their opinions all the time.
So much that for a long time I almost didn't post anything at all there.

What a shit show.

The whole idea of cancel culture, of silencing those who have a different view - no matter how radical (I'm not talking about your view here), is the most tyrannical position. Not to mention the irony of strengthening that which you hate by fighting so bitterly against it, lol. Obviously those chaps are oblivious though.

For me, most things in life can be safely ignored without the slightest consequence. And for those things that are truly worthy of opposition, silence or promoting the "better" option (from your perspective) is more effective. Raging against things accomplishes little other than creating antipathy all around imho.

MacReady13

Resetera is more active and has a Steam thread. There are no reaction emojis but I still enjoy browsing it. Just stay out of anything politics or drama related.

Seriously? Stay out of politics? Even the gaming side brings politics into it! resetera is NOT real life, yet somehow those fucking morons who post at AND moderate that fucking joint think it is! I though this place used to be bad (and it was) but resetera has taken that and run so far past what this place USED to be like it's not funny.
Here now i'm free to speak what I feel! I can actually think the covington kid was unfairly dealt by without getting piled on and fucking banned! I'm allowed to say trump did something good without liking the fucking guy! Even though over there if you even breath his name you're considered a nazi. There is room to breath here. Over there as soon as you spew forth something they even remotely disagree with, your time there is up!
So basically, anyone saying that place is better is WRONG!!! NeoGAF is far better. And that is a FACT! Why is this even a question at this point or ANY point in time?

munancho

Banned
Neogaf is the lesser of two weevils.

Whilst the people over on Era REEEEEEE! a lot and have the old hive mind thing in full effect that originated here along with the baying for blood mentality it brings for anyone who thinks outside party lines all that remains here is mainly immature bickering, ePeening and fanboyism with a smattering of decent discussion.

Truth of the matter is what made this place interesting way back when left when the exodus began and yet all that seemed to end up at the other site was the crap and none of the charm, hence lesser of two evils.

In many ways people say the time of forums is over as so many other methods of community have taken over and they may be right, just not for me. Whats worst of all is that Neogaf used to have a very diverse and mature crowd that could and did talk about a vast spectrum of things outside of gaming that seems to have evaporated as this place slid downhill, hence the lesser of two weevils.

This is tough.

ResetEra is so unhinged, narcissistic, lack any self awareness, and fucked up, they are a comedy goldmine.

NeoGaf though is like the miners of that comedy goldmine with memes and reactions to dunk on ResetEra's hot takes.

I am torn.

Which is better? The trainwreck or the watch party for the trainwreck?

Last edited:

munancho

Banned
This is tough.

ResetEra is so unhinged, narcissistic, lack any self awareness, and fucked up, they are a comedy goldmine.

NeoGaf though is like the miners of that comedy goldmine with memes and reactions to dunk on ResetEra's hot takes.

I am torn.

Which is better? The trainwreck or the watch party for the trainwreck?

That pretty much proves exactly what I said. That mentality is like a bitter ex girlfriend who takes every opportunity to tell you how much of a dick you are whilst spending all day obsessing about getting you back and watching your every move and commenting on it to her cronies whilst telling them she's over you, moved on, isn't bothered...

It shows that Neogaf as a whole has devolved into an almost parasitic entity that feeds of the collective crap that freely spews from another site whereas before it was its own self contained ecosystem that uesd to lead where it now follows.

One thing I can be sure of if that the average age of users on here has dropped dramatically since its "Hey guys I was offered $5 million dollars for the site but said kthnxbye" as that much is obvious as (aside from the shitty moderation back then) it had an organic intelligence due to how it had slowly came together from so many diverse streams. Nowadays most of the members are people that couldn't have signed up back then and left IGN/GameFAQs to find the promised land of GAF whilst the "alternative" crowd landed at Era and all the people with sparkle and fizz left to find other places as they'd had enough of the crap and it was just the excuse they needed to vacate.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Era has a no nonsense policy to trolling. You can be conservative as long as you don't just post drivebys and troll posts.
Take it from a left-leaning moderate, you really can’t. The environment has been cultivated to weed out dissent. They’ve created impossible expectations of others that no one can possibly meet. There are loud voices over there that the moderation team has allowed to sway the overall direction of the forum in a never-ending quest to become the wokest of the woke. I post infrequently there, but I never participate in political discussions. When you have an administrator that openly says that all white people are racist, you cannot have a useful conversation on sensitive topics because the language being used is incendiary and emotions will fly. Folks will get banned. I mean, if I open up a conversation with “all men are shit”, we are not about to have a meaningful conversation. You’re going to get outraged individuals, and rightfully so!

Things seemed fine at Resetera at the beginning when the exodus first happened. But that was very short lived, as political discussions always resulted in mass dogpiling on conservatives. When the conservatives were driven away over time, you were eventually left with the moderates and the left. Then countless months of drive-by posts with that MLK quote about how moderates are the real problem in America kept being reposted endlessly. Eventually most of the moderates were pushed out of conversations, so now you have mostly just the left.

Now, the left are fighting amidst themselves with the latest forum drama, because they’re their own worst enemy and all the other targets have moved on. You can’t have a decent discussion on politics over there. Look at how the Democratic primaries played out. I remember all the hateful bullshit being posted when Pete Buttigieg was on the way to, and ultimately won the Iowa caucus. According to Resetera, a middle class mayor who takes his own trash out, has lots of debt including student loans, apparently is a secret CIA rat and a closet Republican in the pocket of big business and is a traitor to LGBT causes. Saw some borderline homophobic behavior over there, but hey.

You can troll and drive-by on Resetera, it just has to be the right kind. For example, you can drive-by with a “fucking white people” post in various threads and you’ll be A-OK!

dolabla

REE is an authoritarian shithole of mental illness. It's basically a South Park episode come to life................ and it can be glorious to watch as they devour each other (from afar of course, since they about killed this site and anything they touch)

teezzy

Banned
Many Resetera members are genuinely convinced that NeoGAF is full of "literal Nazis" and they refer to this forum as "the other place" as if we're a Harry Potter villain.

Apart from that, NeoGAF is cooler because people actually know how to take a joke. Notice how many threads there are with people playfully insulting one another in good faith. I missed that so much, it's just what I need in a time of social distancing.

GymWolf

Many Resetera members are genuinely convinced that NeoGAF is full of "literal Nazis" and they refer to this forum as "the other place" as if we're a Harry Potter villain.

Apart from that, NeoGAF is cooler because people actually know how to take a joke. Notice how many threads there are with people playfully insulting one another in good faith. I missed that so much, it's just what I need in a time of social distancing.
3xkir0.jpg

Amory

resetera is full of insane people. maladjusted basket cases who refuse to take responsibility for themselves and who actively enjoy trying to ruin everyone else's day

new gaf can definitely be weird but there's no comparison with those freaks

Xenon

You don't reeeeealize how reeeeeally bad it is until you reeeeeturn to reeeeeset era. The place is horrible. Just look at their mission statement. Could they be anymore up their own asses.

Since its founding in late 2017, ResetEra has been an inviting bonfire dumpster fire at the crossroads back alley of the gaming industry. Our goal is to provide a modern platform where enthusiasts and industry professionals alike will want to talk about all kinds of video games -- and everything else under the sun as long as we approve of it. Safeguarded by technology, a vigilantjaded staff, and some of the toughest registration screening of any public forum, ResetEra has been able to cultivate a highly active and passionate community while keeping most trolls and bad actors off of the site by making them mods.

Today ResetEra is the most popular self important independent gaming forum on the internet as measured by traffic outrage. It is also an inclusive space that proudly welcomes members of every gender, ethnicity, and sexual orientation to shit on people that have different values than them. Respect and decency towards each other people we like, regardless of background, is nonnegotiable. Posters are expected to enter discussions in good faith with a healthy fear or being banned if they don't agree with the staff's outlook on all issues.

ManaByte

Gold Member

Oh it goes beyond that. I don't know if it's still the case, but for a time GAF links were censored there so people couldn't even link back here.

Papa

Banned
I was permabanned for "Misogyny" for my detailed post about why I think that women are wired in a different way when it comes to goals in relationships.

And I have seen that kind of banning people for their opinions all the time.
So much that for a long time I almost didn't post anything at all there.

What a shit show.

Of course

You’re not allowed to remind them that there are biological differences between the sexes (or that sexes even exist and that gender and sex are the same thing) because the mods are all class II trannies.

Rat Rage

Resetera is an obnoxious, hysterical, extremely thin-skinned, hive-minded shithole.

I wonder if it's because of their transgender admins, mods and userbase.

I mean, I don't have anything against transgender people at all, but on Resetera it seems they are out of their minds. Super sensitive and always extremely aggressive. That seems to be a fatal combination for any kind of sane discussion.

Consider the following: could this sensitivity and agression stem from taking (too many) hormones? Hormones can impact your behaviour pretty badly.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
GAF is the only answer here.

Your opinion is valued and you are allowed to express it without fear of reprisals, dogpiling or a ban as long as it is line with the majorities in the given theme of the thread.

So refreshing to be part of.

Welcome back, China shill.

Pretty funny that the first thing you do after your ban is come here and make thinly veiled swipes. Pathetic.

Papa

Banned
That pretty much proves exactly what I said. That mentality is like a bitter ex girlfriend who takes every opportunity to tell you how much of a dick you are whilst spending all day obsessing about getting you back and watching your every move and commenting on it to her cronies whilst telling them she's over you, moved on, isn't bothered...

It shows that Neogaf as a whole has devolved into an almost parasitic entity that feeds of the collective crap that freely spews from another site whereas before it was its own self contained ecosystem that uesd to lead where it now follows.

One thing I can be sure of if that the average age of users on here has dropped dramatically since its "Hey guys I was offered $5 million dollars for the site but said kthnxbye" as that much is obvious as (aside from the shitty moderation back then) it had an organic intelligence due to how it had slowly came together from so many diverse streams. Nowadays most of the members are people that couldn't have signed up back then and left IGN/GameFAQs to find the promised land of GAF whilst the "alternative" crowd landed at Era and all the people with sparkle and fizz left to find other places as they'd had enough of the crap and it was just the excuse they needed to vacate.

It’s always hilarious when you narcissists come back and rehash this ex-girlfriend take for the millionth time like it’s some great wisdom that only you could see and we’re the unwashed plebs who should be happy to receive it.

i lurk resetera sometimes and i get definite old school neogaf vibes

see members on there that were regulars here

i wish we merged, minus their mods

only thing that bugs me about resetera is it's so strict, like there's like a loading screen for your every thought

Kadayi

Banned
Neogaf is the lesser of two weevils.

Whilst the people over on Era REEEEEEE! a lot and have the old hive mind thing in full effect that originated here along with the baying for blood mentality it brings for anyone who thinks outside party lines all that remains here is mainly immature bickering, ePeening and fanboyism with a smattering of decent discussion.

Truth of the matter is what made this place interesting way back when left when the exodus began and yet all that seemed to end up at the other site was the crap and none of the charm, hence lesser of two evils.

In many ways people say the time of forums is over as so many other methods of community have taken over and they may be right, just not for me. Whats worst of all is that Neogaf used to have a very diverse and mature crowd that could and did talk about a vast spectrum of things outside of gaming that seems to have evaporated as this place slid downhill, hence the lesser of two weevils.

ovK5vZY.png
🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom