• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAMBO

CHAINTECH NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939 CPU, Model "VNF4/Ultra" -RETAIL

Model# VNF4/Ultra

13-152-049-02.JPG

I need a quiet 400W+ power supply for this mobo. It looks like a 24 pin connector on the mobo for the power supply.

Any power supply recomendations?

LAMBO

Ghost, Is it 24 pin?

I'm not even really picky i just need a 24pin one, and alot of the time it doesn't say on the retailers and the manufacturer's websites how many pins they are.

ouch max $120 bucks, i couldn't spend that much on s PSU

LAMBO

how can you tell how many pins are on these PSUs? I need a power supply with a 24 pin conector for my motherboard.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
LAMBO said:
how can you tell how many pins are on these PSUs? I need a power supply with a 24 pin conector for my motherboard.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but uusally it's standardized based on processor ...

pestul

24pin PSU is not needed for it.. but it is kinda unsightly when you see extra holes that seemingly should be filled.. meh.. that sounded dirty.

LAMBO

I got that thermtake psu Ghost mentioned today and it turns out to not be a 24 pin psu. Oh well. So i can still just plug the 20 pin psu into the 24 pin mobo without an adapter?

Vandiger

I got this one, after I bought some cheap superflower 500w psu that failed after only 3 months of sporadic use :p. Very good psu, I love modular cables only bad thing is this one has a non-modular 24 pin cable but doesn't really matter for my current pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom