• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which wrestling squad is your favorite? (Four horsemen/DX/NWO/NoD/)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

If Sting would have beaten Hogan clean and the nWo died as a result, I think the nWo would have gone down as the best stable ever

Bronx-Man

Banned
RESEM57391d5ccf659-3154-4aed-bfda-ff47a2f40f0c.jpg
LOS

Azzurri

nWo or DX because it was when I was interested in wrestling at the time back in the late 90's early 2000's.

Sephzilla

Guys,DX sucks.

Truth.

I did a brief revisit of the Attitude Era and DX was insufferable. Hart Foundation, Nation of Domination, and the Ministry of Darkness were all way better stables.

Can't remember who said it but Gangre's entrance was more over than Gangrel was.

There is literally nothing memorable about The Brood or Gangrel outside of that (amazing) entrance. All of Edge and Christian's memorable stuff happened after the Brood broke up

Zach

The Dangerous Alliance had a great collection of wrestlers. All of those dudes could bring it.

That War Games match ended so stupid too. I think Sting used an arm bar on Eaton to get the win.

Don't care; the match was great! Let's all go watch it.

Sephzilla

I'm shocked people actually remember the Union. I only remember that stable being relevant for a couple of weeks and then the "ITS ME, AUSTIN!" twist happened and The Union lost its relevancy because Vince was no longer with them.

yuraya

Shawn Michaels > Ric Flair
Triple H > Hulk Hogan

DX wins. Also HHH buried everyone so DX will always be the best stable.

uzit88

Was just watching some old WWF/E videos on youtube, LOVED DX with it was with Rick Rude & Chyna etc. Nation and Heart Foundation feud was pretty awesome, with DX lingering in the background.

Good shout to 'Outsiders' Nash and Hall 'invaded' WCW.

Good old days.

OG NWO. Once they broke off into The Wolfpack the story was ruined to the point of no return.

Ravens ECW flock was pretty dope too.

HiResDes

The answer is the Four Horsemen. The original Four Horsemen consisted of wrestlers who all could have been top of the card, or near there, talents. They looked invincible together. And they still managed to put other talents over big time. The Four Horsemen basically did everything you wanted out of a heel wrestling stable.

The nWo was cool at first, but it got too bloated, lost track of what it's original image was (a WWF invasion of WCW), and they basically put nobody over because the nWo was the pinnacle of backstage politicking.

DX was a juvenile nWo that hasn't aged well at all in any of its versions. OG DX was some cringeworthy 90s shit that was also tied to all of HBK and HHH's backstage politicking bullshit. HHH-DX was stupid and it was the genesis of HHH believing he was an actual main eventer. Nu-DX was the HowAreYouFellowKids.gif of wrestling stables.

Nation of Domination was alright, but in the big picture they didn't do much outside of launch Rock's career.
Horrendous take on DX, and you've insinuated that Triple H wasn't a legit main eventer after he proceeded to prove you wrong over two decades and dozens of classic matches, suck it!

Main legit main eventer and Dozens of classic matches?
XzHhzy.gif

Really can't say I ever wanted to see a match because HHH was in it. He was always the guy who worked with the guy. I also felt that he stayed heel because if he ever turned face he would have been washed away in all the great face wrestlers of that age.

Sephzilla

HHH is overrated and actively killed mainstream interest in the product when he tried to pretend he was Nu-Harley Race/Ric Flair with his own wannabe version of the Four Horsemen, complete with the Big Gold Belt, in the early 2000s

Jezbollah

My favorite stables:

Demolition
Fabulous Freebirds
4 Horsemen
Dangerous Alliance
NWO (before the factions)
The Shield
Hart Foundation
Evolution
Bullet Club

I think out of that lot, it's a close thing between the Horsemen, Dangerous Alliance and Bullet Club.

I hated DX too.....

UberTag

2460%20-%20bull_buchanan%20ivory%20microphone%20right_to_censor%20smackdown%20stevie_richards%20the_goodfather%20val_venis%20wwf.jpg

Can we get some Right to Censor love in this thread?
Oh wait... you wanted serious answers? Count me in for The Hart Foundation 1997 then.

Zach

Great booking. He always had the title. Without the title what was great about him?

He was also put in every gimmick match against every top star and given the most time and leeway in matches.

Manufactured greatness when fans were too busy coming down from their Monday Night Wars high to notice or protest.

Hart Foundation, though I remember the original tag team more fondly than their future incarnations. The Montreal Screwjob was one of the most devastating things my nine-year-old self had witnessed, hell even my disinterested dad very loudly said "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT", but it made Michaels dropping the belt at WM14 all the more sweeter.

Fuck him and HHH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom