• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White House Press Briefing: Facts are demoralizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

ZdkosG5.jpg

SNL had it right when they said it looks like she should be opening the doors at an FAO Schwarz.

Also, Paddington Bear called, he wants his fuckin' hat back.

rjinaz

People think it's kids that are the biggest internet trolls. Nope, it's dudes like Spicer.
south-park-season-20-750x490.jpg

Yeah it annoys me when people say it's just a kid, some 13 year old or what not. Nah, it's most likely a grown ass man or woman. And often times, they aren't just trolling but actually believe the shit they spew.

rjinaz

Let's not body shame/looks shame.

She's a horrible woman enough on her own. It's too bad people like her can't use their intellect for a good cause instead of undoing the freedoms in America one day at a time.

Zen Aku

Yeah ok so how do they explain the pictures clearly showing Trump speaking on those TVs on the right side? "Photoshop!"
Which ones?
This is one of those failure to understand time zones thing, isn't it?
No, its one of those where they're adamant that the Trump pictures that has been floating around was taken at 8am, hours before the inauguration started vs. Obama's pictures when it was around 11am when the inauguration begins.

UberTag

This sound creepy as fuuuuuuuuck.
Hey... it's the 2-year anniversary of Mickie Dee's committing a terrible injustice in snubbing U.S. Press Secretary Sean Spicer his turtle toy.

I mean, just look at these things...

HappyMeal-e1421340995324.png

They're on tops. How cool is that?!? And they're like Amiibo you can scan to unlock a cool smartphone game.

kvothe

After mulling this over for a bit, I'm convinced this is just part of a bigger, long-term plan to get Trump supporters to not believe the media.

They intentionally target something so unimportant as reporting on inauguration attendance that Trump supporters are forced to believe that either: their choice for president is actually incredibly petty or the media is purposefully trying to lie in a petty attempt to belittle their president. Because it's such a ridiculous move for Trump to lie about this, Trump supporters are more likely to believe the media did, in fact, falsely report on the attendance.

This works as the foundation for when the same media exposes new Trump scandals, they can just say "They're lying again." Even if the media is telling the outright truth.

Let's not body shame/looks shame.

She's a horrible woman enough on her own. It's too bad people like her can't use their intellect for a good cause instead of undoing the freedoms in America one day at a time.

Ha! Like Conway's an altruist or something. Bitch, she's FAMOUS now! People will actually buy and wear that red, white & blue dress she wore. She used to be sane and backed Cruz until he had to drop out and Trump picked her up. Now she got it made brah.

edit: but ya I agree, no need to body shame. Trump has small hands and orange hair, and Conway looks like the undead, but their dangerous rhetoric and actions are the crux of our resistance. Criticizing looks distracts from the issue that Trump has bragged about sexual assault and joked about committing war crimes during serious interviews. The key to bringing them down won't be clever puns about how they kinda look like sith lords, but by educating people in how to vote for their own interests.

UberTag

This sentence doesn't make sense.
She was nuts then and backed The Joker but then she jumped ship for The Penguin. Does that sound better?
We need to see Kellyanne dress up like Harley Quinn. Tara Strong will like that just as much as she likes Spicer quoting Twilight Sparkle. (In other words, not at all.)

She was nuts then and backed The Joker but then she jumped ship for The Penguin. Does that sound better?
We need to see Kellyanne dress up like Harley Quinn. Tara Strong will like that just as much as she likes Spicer quoting Twilight Sparkle. (In other words, not at all.)

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.jpg

Frostburn

Simple truth of the whole crowd thing is this: If the crowd was indeed bigger than that famous picture from Twitter made it seem than a photo taken from the same camera showing a bigger crowd would have been produced to prove it. The fact that this image was never produced and they used a completely different camera perspective to refute the facts shows that the twitter picture was the truth.

The Press Secretary going up there and lying and threatening the press media on day one is something we are going to have to get used to. Facts are dismissed and refuted at every turn with no real evidence to back up their arguments. This is the future we are going to see for the next 4 years.

rjinaz

Ha! Like Conway's an altruist or something. Bitch, she's FAMOUS now! People will actually buy and wear that red, white & blue dress she wore. She used to be sane and backed Cruz until he had to drop out and Trump picked her up. Now she got it made brah.

edit: but ya I agree, no need to body shame. Trump has small hands and orange hair, and Conway looks like the undead, but their dangerous rhetoric and actions are the crux of our resistance. Criticizing looks distracts from the issue that Trump has bragged about sexual assault and joked about committing war crimes during serious interviews. The key to bringing them down won't be clever puns about how they kinda look like sith lords, but by educating people in how to vote for their own interests.

Right. I mean mostly it just seems like something the alt-right would do. Trump being president though, I don't know, I don't really seem to care what people say about him considering how dangerous he is. But it could also be my blinding hate for him.

Narroo

Have you seen Conway's outfits the past few days?
She attended the inauguration dressed like some civil war soldier.
And she was on Meet the Press this morning dressed like a villain from Superman II.

She's cosplaying, too. They're ALL cosplayers!

No, it's worse than that: They're 4chan-ers!

Sean Spicer: You're all lying, period! I told you what happened.End of story! Any questions?
Me: Hi, I heard you're into yiff parties, y/n

Simple truth of the whole crowd thing is this: If the crowd was indeed bigger than that famous picture from Twitter made it seem than a photo taken from the same camera showing a bigger crowd would have been produced to prove it. The fact that this image was never produced and they used a completely different camera perspective to refute the facts shows that the twitter picture was the truth.

Also the timelapse of the whole damned thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdantUf5tXg

We had a big controversy a year ago when trump implied cruz's wife was ugly and now we're doing the same with Conway. Guess this type of stuff just depends on your agenda.

We had a big controversy a year ago when trump implied cruz's wife was ugly and now we're doing the same with Conway. Guess this type of stuff just depends on your agenda.

Me: Not running for President of the United States
Also Me: Not saying it during a heavily publicized interview

rokkerkory

After mulling this over for a bit, I'm convinced this is just part of a bigger, long-term plan to get Trump supporters to not believe the media.

They intentionally target something so unimportant as reporting on inauguration attendance that Trump supporters are forced to believe that either: their choice for president is actually incredibly petty or the media is purposefully trying to lie in a petty attempt to belittle their president. Because it's such a ridiculous move for Trump to lie about this, Trump supporters are more likely to believe the media did, in fact, falsely report on the attendance.

This works as the foundation for when the same media exposes new Trump scandals, they can just say "They're lying again." Even if the media is telling the outright truth.

The strategy here is straightforward.

Pivot away from the terrible executive orders signed,

Continue to make it about media being the evil party.

Get away with real issues like tax returns, russian ties, etc.

The strategy here is straightforward.

Pivot away from the terrible executive orders signed,

Continue to make it about media being the evil party.

Get away with real issues like tax returns, russian ties, etc.
As much as I think there was a strategy, I also think it was Trump fuming that people were saying his stuff wasn't the best and biggest, and he couldn't do his usual angry Twitter rant

Because that's what that briefing sounded like. An angry Twitter rant.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
As much as I think there was a strategy, I also think it was Trump fuming that people were saying his stuff wasn't the best and biggest, and he couldn't do his usual angry Twitter rant

Because that's what that briefing sounded like. An angry Twitter rant.
Bingo. He thinks he deserves everyone's respect despite not earning it. He's not used to not getting his way. He'll be having massive tantrums right now, guaranteed.

Vixdean

Didn't Rick Wilson call this nearly a year ago? He said something along the lines of Trump supporters being mostly "single men that masturbate to anime".

Found it!

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/01/20/republican_strategist_rick_wilson_trump_supporters_are_childless_single_men_who_masturbate_to_anime.html

WILSON: Who think Donald Trump is the greatest thing, oh, it`s something. But the fact of the matter is, most of them are childless single men who masturbate to anime. They`re not real and political players. These are not people who matter in the overall course of humanity.

Zen Aku

I didn't want to start a new thread about this since the last one was pretty much beaten to death and locked. (no pun intended)

Glad he's thinking twice now about spouting his fascism opinions in public. Thought you guys might like to see this.

AzureSky

How often do press secretary's change?

Would it be possible to damage control Trump by getting another one when Spicer's credibility is completly destroyed and keep rotating the seat?
Of course it would discredit the office itself, but i would imagine this happening under current administration.

Dehnus

A suggestion to everyone that wants to understand how we got to this present situation and the solutions that exist that can fix it. I watched this talk and was blown away by what was said:

The Rise of Populism and the Backlash Against the Elites, with Nick Clegg and Jonathan Haidt
Fix what? Donald Trump IS the elite, his cabinet is the richest and whitest and most established EVER!

How much more elite do you want it :p.

Funny thing that :"We vote against the Elite by voting for the Elite". It has nothing to do with that, it is just an excuse to be a bully. A racist, misogynist, homophobic, genderqueer phobic and scared little bully. THey are the peer pressure group, and fall for the typical bullying tactics that are ages old.

For goodness sake man, Adolf Hitler wasn't a "fringe candidate" he had tremendous support from old money in Germany and new Money around the world. Henry Ford got medals of the guy! And IBM delivered the systems that kept track of the Concentration camp prisoners! When people like Hitler, Bannon and Roberts say :"Establishment" they mean :"Regulations that protect the people we wish to bully!". They mean the established freedoms and judicial systems.

Nothing more. nothing less. Stop making these people into the victims, they are far from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom