• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whiteman almost died today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganhyun

distantmantra said:
Picture of a bear saying "woah, woah.... be cool, man."

Thanks. Glad I got the answer from both here and the other site. :)

Any further update from Whiteman Distant, Prole?

Ganhyun said:
Thanks. Glad I got the answer from both here and the other site. :)

Any further update from Whiteman Distant, Prole?

I haven't heard anything. I do have his phone number, maybe I'll call him later. I'd rather not bother him at the hospital.

Ganhyun

distantmantra said:
I haven't heard anything. I do have his phone number, maybe I'll call him later. I'd rather not bother him at the hospital.

Understand that. I just knew of the members on GAF, you and Prole would be two most likely to hear from him.

bud

there's always something wrong with white man smh. hope you feel better, dude.

either way, i call dibs on your dvd collection

diunxx

bud said:
there's always something wrong with white man smh. hope you feel better, dude.

either way, i call dibs on your dvd collection

Too late, he already promised Jarosh all his stuff :(

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Since it is apparent that while White Man is having health issues its not as severe as we are being led on I am removing my sympathies, especially since this thread was simply made to troll on another GAF member.

I should know MUCH better than to expect maturity here but this is a low. Calling for sympathy from masses over a smaller health problem isn't cool, especially since many would instantly thing the worst since humans always do.

Furthermore (and I don't care if this is a ban for me, because I am sincerely disappointed the mods would be this childish when they are supposed to be the ones banning for this) GAF is a place of discussion, many people go here because they like it, to attack someone (which as I was pointed out to in another forum, seems to be the running gag here) because they dealt poorly with the loss of someone close, what the fuck

This isn't fucking 4chan, THATS WHY PEOPLE COME HERE INSTEAD OF THAT HELLHOLE >.<

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Hitokage said:
Look, knowing White Man, "almost dying" is an enduring condition. This episode is just one of many. :(

Almost dying is one thing, saying his leg has been amputated and everything else that has gone on is another.

His knee has to be drained, its not life or death... christ I know someone who just had to lose a baby because of a kidney infection that almost killed her and she dealt with it better.

Edit:

Hitokage said:
White Man's medical history isn't exactly stellar, you know.

Neither is mine, I could list my health issues and it would take more than 1 post because it would run out of space... but the ulterior motive is what has me riled up

oh wah freakin' wah, lsslave. white man and his wacky internet pals over at that other forum that really should be renamed (it has an awesome podcast, by the by) did this to introduce a little levity into an uncomfortable situation for him, and play up one of the funnier bits of his forum personality. the self-righteous oppobrium from summa you is far, far more ostentatiously creepy than a little playful satire on behalf of white man's uncomfortable albeit far from critical situation. chillax! hit the bong!

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Drinky Crow said:
oh wah freakin' wah, lsslave. white man and his wacky internet pals over at that other forum that really should be renamed (it has an awesome podcast, by the by) did this to introduce a little levity into an uncomfortable situation for him, and play up one of the funnier bits of his forum personality. the self-righteous oppobrium from summa you is far, far more ostentatiously creepy than a little playful satire on behalf of white man's uncomfortable albeit far from critical situation. chillax! hit the bong!

If it wasn't done with trolling reasons I would have found it funny, its the fact that no one likes to lose a loved one and some of the comments made in that situation weren't cool.

I would have been able to laugh it off had it not been for that, but that took a harmless joke and made it cruel.

lsslave said:
Since it is apparent that while White Man is having health issues its not as severe as we are being led on I am removing my sympathies, especially since this thread was simply made to troll on another GAF member.

I should know MUCH better than to expect maturity here but this is a low. Calling for sympathy from masses over a smaller health problem isn't cool, especially since many would instantly thing the worst since humans always do.

Furthermore (and I don't care if this is a ban for me, because I am sincerely disappointed the mods would be this childish when they are supposed to be the ones banning for this) GAF is a place of discussion, many people go here because they like it, to attack someone (which as I was pointed out to in another forum, seems to be the running gag here) because they dealt poorly with the loss of someone close, what the fuck

This isn't fucking 4chan, THATS WHY PEOPLE COME HERE INSTEAD OF THAT HELLHOLE >.<

Stop playing white knight, there are no women to save here

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Zero Hero said:
New on the market:
vsmjhi.jpg
I laughed.

Get better, bro!

gaborn's also an awkward grandstanding internet cretin. he wasn't being mocked because of his loss; he was being mocked because he overreacted to a little morbid internet playfulness -- which you yourslf just acknowledged was humorous.

gaborn sauntered his histrionic ass in here without solicitation, and deliberately got the lens focused on him. if he didn't want to burn, maybe he shoulda stayed out of the light -- especially given his hysterically over-the-top crescendo of self-pity in his dead friend thread.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
twinturbo2 said:
I laughed.

Get better, bro!

I will admit that deserves the crown of the NeoGAF soda thing... that is just inexplicably awesome.

PhoenixDark said:
Stop playing white knight, there are no women to save here

Just hoping GAF retains some of its maturity, besides if it was a girl I wouldn't have to because everyone would be jumping on the defense train unless she was publically hated.

Father_Mike said:
lsslave :lol :lol :lol

Love you too ;) :p

Edit:

Drinky Crow said:
gaborn's also an awkward grandstanding internet cretin. he wasn't being mocked because of his loss; he was being mocked because he overreacted to a little morbid internet playfulness -- which you yourslf just acknowledged was humorous.

gaborn sauntered his histrionic ass in here without solicitation, and deliberately got the lens focused on him. if he didn't want to burn, maybe he shoulda stayed out of the light -- especially given his hysterically over-the-top crescendo of self-pity in his dead friend thread.

That aside, I will admit that I didn't follow the thread but bringing things onto the internet is a bad thing if you can't take the negative and the positive *cue PA comic*

BUT on the same hand I have suffered severe loss, no one deals well with it, christ look at how much of a pussy I was being after my breakup? People don't react well when things go wrong, some get angry some get sad but its just a phase of hurt. Once its over its best to just let it go.

Kevtones

Wow, just a few weeks ago I posted a thread about my own jeopardizing health and White Man, with seemingly routine (but genuine) kindness, put forth some helpful words and well wishes. He's always been that way around here as far I've seen and his words among others were crucial in such a frightening time. I wish the same for him and hopefully everything works out for the best. Its good to know he's got supportive friends and even the addition of having a long list of internet acquaintances can be a spur towards good health. Take care.

Blader

This is like that episode of Seinfeld, where Jon Lovitz faked having cancer to get a free wig, and then got in a car accident.

though hopefully this turns out better than that.

msv

Gawd, people complaining about people complaining is about the shittiest crap I've read in a while. Awesome, I'm complaing about people complaining about people complaining.

Drinky Crow said:

gaborn drug his histrionics in here unsolicited, and got the lens focused on him. if he didn't want to burn, maybe he shoulda stayed out of the light especially given his hysterically over-the-top crescendo of self-pity in his dead friend thread.
Hey man, what's up with all the crying. Everything ok?

btkadams

Drinky Crow said:

i don't really want to get involved with this but seeing someone's tribute to who they say was the "love of their life" and calling it hysterical is a bit much... i dunno. but i hear you on everything else.

EDIT: lets get back to wishing white man good health!

lsslave

Jew Gamer
msv said:
Gawd, people complaining about people complaining is about the shittiest crap I've read in a while. Awesome, I'm complaing about people complaining about people complaining.

Hey man, what's up with all the crying. Everything ok?

You broke my brain ;.;

Just skimmed the thread and looks like it's CPPD and not septic arthritis. I know people are joking around, but this could've been quite serious. A septic knee is no joke; there is a fairly high mortality rate with certain pathogens. Bugs like Staph aureus can eat away cartilage leaving significant damage. Anyway, hope you get well soon.

EmCeeGramr said:
Update: he's got way too much uric acid in his blood, and he's getting shots in his stomach to prevent internal clotting.
Looks like it's gout, though I'm surprised they didn't just diagnose it right away. The shots are probably either heparin or lovenox. It's standard procedure for virtually all orthopaedic patients.

White Man

Richard Cranium said:
Just skimmed the thread and looks like it's CPPD and not septic arthritis. I know people are joking around, but this could've been quite serious. A septic knee is no joke; there is a fairly high mortality rate with certain pathogens. Bugs like Staph aureus can eat away cartilage leaving significant damage. Anyway, hope you get well soon.

They just started me on colchicine (so) based on the results of blood tests. Still waiting for pathology to get back to me on the crystals in the knee.

Mildly upset because this inches towards confirming that surgery was not needed, although I realize he wanted to reduce pressure on my swollen knee.

White Man said:
They just started me on colchicine (so) based on the results of blood tests. Still waiting for pathology to get back to me on the crystals in the knee.

Mildly upset because this inches towards confirming that surgery was not needed, although I realize he wanted to reduce pressure on my swollen knee.
AFAIK, you don't reduce pressure with surgery. You only really need to tap the knee. The surgery was probably precautionary to clean out the joint in case it was septic. I'm still surprised it's taking that long to diagnose gout. You just need to look at the aspirate with a microscope under polarized light.

White Man

You sure gout? They seemed pretty sure it wasn't gout post-surgery, but my surgeon did mention CPPD.

My doc is out, so my source of info is my young, hot, non-native English speaking Japanese nurse. Asking questions is tough.

Flo_Evans

White Man said:
You sure gout? They seemed pretty sure of wasn't gout post-surgery, but my surgeon did mention CPPD.

My doc is out, so my source of info is my young, hot, non-native English speaking Japanese nurse. Asking questions is tough.

Elevated uric acid, crystals in knee... pretty sure. I have gout myself, was it the worst pain you have ever felt? Swelling and redness? A slight shine to the skin?

edit: well it looks like CPPD is pretty much the same thing with a different type of crystal forming. So it could be either.

This reminds me, next time I can't walk maybe I should go to the hospital and get properly diagnosed... maybe even get some medication. :lol

White Man

Flo_Evans said:
Elevated uric acid, crystals in knee... pretty sure. I have gout myself, was it the worst pain you have ever felt? Swelling and redness? A slight shine to the skin?

I literally could not stand or walk, but the brain getting struck by lightning pain you get when you badly need a root canal trumped it. I still get electric feeling brain flashes from that. Feels like a shock right next to my left ear, about aligned with my left eye.

Flo_Evans

Tuna is not that bad on the list of foods to avoid if you have gout... but a whole month of it could certainly cause problems.

Blader

Flo_Evans said:
Tuna is not that bad on the list of foods to avoid if you have gout... but a whole month of it could certainly cause problems.

Yeah that's what I'm saying...a quick google search tells me there's uric acid in tuna, so a whole month of that would, I think, probably lead to gout.

Unless tuna month was a long time ago. Then I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom