• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who could play Abby in The Last of Us TV series (season 2?)

Gina Carano Smile GIF by Disney+

What about that big lady from Mandalorian?
she's been cancelled by the woke mob. no way that Druckmann will let her anywhere near the show.

edit: i do think she would be good in the role but woke boy neil won't do it.

Last edited:

G Boaty

Banned
The amount of effort it would take a woman like Abby to get that big, the access to training, protein, and yeah probably PEDs is pretty out there. Women do not look like Abby without these things, it takes a ton of effort.

It takes a lot of effort for anyone to get buff in any situation. Men don’t look like that without a ton of effort either. I didn’t hear any complaints about Henry though.

OrionNebula

she's been cancelled by the woke mob. no way that Druckmann will let her anywhere near the show.

edit: i do think she would be good in the role but woke boy neil won't do it.
Ah yes. I heard she got canned for something. Too bad she got kicked to the curb by the sjw. I liked her, and I’m sure she had enough acting chops to play Abby at worst decently

junguler

Banned
they'll cast a skinny woman to play little-abby and big-abby is going to be added to her in post-production.

Razvedka

Banned
It takes a lot of effort for anyone to get buff in any situation. Men don’t look like that without a ton of effort either. I didn’t hear any complaints about Henry though.
I'm bigger than Henry, so I know what it takes to look like that as a man. What I'm saying for women it is way harder to look like Abby.

G Boaty

Banned
I'm bigger than Henry, so I know what it takes to look like that as a man. What I'm saying for women it is way harder to look like Abby.
Abby isn't much bigger than Henry. Also it being harder means nothing, she literally spends all day training as a soldier in the apocalypse. When she's not out of the camp doing stuff, all she has is time to kill. Henry was fighting for survival constantly I doubt he had spare time to focus on his gains. Abby was living comfortably inside a well stocked fortress.

Last edited:

Razvedka

Banned
Abby isn't much bigger than Henry. Also it being harder means nothing, she literally spends all day training as a soldier in the apocalypse. When she's not out of the camp doing stuff, all she has is time to kill.
That you believe it's logical Abby could be bigger than Henry, in their situation or very nearly any situation, is where the shark has been jumped in realism.

G Boaty

Banned
That you believe it's logical Abby could be bigger than Henry, in their situation or very nearly any situation, is where the shark has been jumped in realism.

So a woman who literally trains as a soldier, with steady and reliable access to food (including meat), with a full on gym, loads of free time, living comfortably and safely inside a literal fortress, couldn't be more buff than an average guy fighting for survival day after day, constantly on the move, scavenging for food while raising a young child.

Ok lol.

Razvedka

Banned
So a woman who literally trains as a soldier, with steady and reliable access to food (including meat), with a full on gym, loads of free time, living comfortably and safely inside a literal fortress, couldn't be more buff than an average guy fighting for survival day after day, constantly on the move, scavenging for food while raising a young child.

Ok lol.
Statistical improbability.

For the record, the male deadlift max is currently 1,104lbs/501kg.

Last edited:

G Boaty

Banned
Statistical improbability.

For the record, the male deadlift max is currently 1,104lbs/501kg.
Statistical improbabilities happen all the time.

For the record that doesn't matter. Again we have Henry on one side. An average guy, treking across the country, fighting for survival, scavenging for food for himself and his young brother. Guy probably hasn't had a proper nights sleep or meal in months, if not years, and is still more jacked than most people.

Abby literally lives in a fortress with no shortage of food, a full gym, comfortable living conditions, trains daily, is literally a soldier, and has plenty of free time and resources to train and bulk, and isn't much bigger than Henry.

Out of those two, Abby is not the statically improbability.

That's without even getting into the "Completely made up but plausible" factors, like her having complete access to a hospital run by her father which very likely has supplements and even steroids available.

Last edited:

Razvedka

Banned
Statistical improbabilities happen all the time.
Actually by definition they don't relative to the average occurrence.

For the record that doesn't matter.

A male rapper who is not an elite lifter casually decimated the world female record for deadlift, which is a good metric for total body strength in a person, as a joke. Erstwhile, the man who played The Mountain in GoT is the current record holder in the world for the exercise and its sitting at 1,100lbs and is nearly twice the weight as the female record.

I mean if you can't see how this is pertinent then ok.

Again we have Henry on one side. An average guy, treking across the country, fighting for survival, scavenging for food for himself and his young brother. Guy probably hasn't had a proper nights sleep or meal in months, if not years, and is still more jacked than most people.

Average male is roughly twice as strong as the average female.

Abby literally lives in a fortress with no shortage of food, a full gym, comfortable living conditions, trains daily, is literally a soldier, and has plenty of free time and resources to train and bulk, and isn't much bigger than Henry.

Henry has a decent physique. A woman being bigger than him is, again, pushing the boundary of credulity. At least without PEDs.

Out of those two, Abby is not the statically improbability.

Incorrect.

very likely has supplements and even steroids available.

The only way this makes a lick of sense.

We can just agree to disagree, no sense in further derailing.

Last edited:

G Boaty

Banned
Average male is roughly twice as strong as the average female.

Henry has a decent physique. A woman being bigger than him is, again, pushing the boundary of credulity. At least without PEDs.

Your points only apply if they're both putting in equal effort to bulk up, when this clearly is not the case. Abby is putting in far, far more work to bulk up, compared to Henry who is fighting to survive. The "average" male who is scavenging daily for food and sleeping rough is not going to be "twice as strong" as someone who literally spends their day working as a soldier, living comfortably and focusing on improving their physical strength.

Like, you're talking about realism here. Henry's physique is not realistic given the circumstances he's living in. He's more buff than the average person living comfortably today IRL. Nothing about his physique is realistic when looking at him in relation to his environment.

Razvedka

Banned
Your points only apply if they're both putting in equal effort to bulk up, when this clearly is not the case. Abby is putting in far, far more work to bulk up, compared to Henry who is fighting to survive. The "average" male who is scavenging daily for food and sleeping rough is not going to be "twice as strong" as someone who literally spends their day working as a soldier, living comfortably and focusing on improving their physical strength.

Like, you're talking about realism here. Henry's physique is not realistic given the circumstances he's living in. He's more buff than the average person living comfortably today IRL. Nothing about his physique is realistic when looking at him in relation to his environment.
If you'd like to continue this talk, we should take it to PM. Not clutter up this thread.

G Boaty

Banned
If you'd like to continue this talk, we should take it to PM. Not clutter up this thread.

There's nothing more to talk about, you're just wrong in this one. Saying "It's not possible for Abby to be bigger than Henry" is a factually incorrect statement when you look at all the factors involved and not just "Abby has a vagina".

Razvedka

Banned
There's nothing more to talk about, you're just wrong in this one. Saying "It's not possible for Abby to be bigger than Henry" is a factually incorrect statement when you look at all the factors involved and not just "Abby has a vagina".
Ok dude. Good luck with your next set.

Raven117

My bet is that they cast whomever can act and is somewhat attractive. They aren’t going to try and match the video game depiction of Abby exactly. Will probably go the lean MMA athletic route and move on.

Azurro

Banned
Macho Man Randy Savage.

wrestlemania vi wrestling GIF by WWE

Oh wait, he passed away, right?

Then Brock Lesnar

GIF by WWE

Last edited:
Kind of funny how you never here these complaints ("it's unrealistic to be that size in the apocalypse, there's not enough food, there's no need to be that size" etc) with regards to other characters in the game. It's only ever Abby who isn't allowed to be big.

byunghwa-jung-byunghwa-jung-ryan-01.jpg

tumblr_p3guptIx2r1qi4j1oo1_640.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Even though the game clearly shows that Abby lives in a healthy, sustainable camp with plenty of food to go around for everyone.
They just hate strong women, bro.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Abby is meant to be what... 20 in the game?

It'll have to be either an unknown or some series CGI de-aging.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Abby is like a battleship commander, I remember liking her arc more in last of us part 2 not too many candidates.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Actually by definition they don't relative to the average occurrence.
What happens to the characters in video games, including esp. naughty dog games, is also statistically very unlikely. They are in a bunch of shootouts, kill hundreds of people, but don't get killed themselves, even though they take great risks. Also, does TLoU2 claim that Abby is not using steroids?

Razvedka

Banned
What happens to the characters in video games, including esp. naughty dog games, is also statistically very unlikely. They are in a bunch of shootouts, kill hundreds of people, but don't get killed themselves, even though they take great risks. Also, does TLoU2 claim that Abby is not using steroids?
It doesn't claim anything about her iirc, beyond the fact she lives in a post apocalypse society and trains.

As for the nature of video games and probability- sure. But don't walk out a character that very obviously has a well built male body type and then insist she's absolutely 100% biological female. That sort of thing takes you out of the game because it's so distracting. I found myself looking at her arms and back muscles and being genuinely impressed with her gorilla physique as a male.

When women get fit or strong they almost never look like Abby. That's what I'm trying to say here: strong women don't look like men, they look like bulked females. Abby quite literally looks male with her physique. She's hulking.

Last edited:

Yoshi

It doesn't claim anything about her iirc, beyond the fact she lives in a post apocalypse society and trains.
She trains a lot, has good food, is crazy and has access to medication. Due to the postapocalyptic nature of the world in Last of Us 2, she probably does not have to worry about long term effects of doping either. So she's probably on peds (however, her physique is obtainable, though hard to obtain, for women naturally).

Razvedka

Banned
She trains a lot, has good food, is crazy and has access to medication. Due to the postapocalyptic nature of the world in Last of Us 2, she probably does not have to worry about long term effects of doping either. So she's probably on peds (however, her physique is obtainable, though hard to obtain, for women naturally).
You and I are having the exact same conversation as the last guy. I'm simply not going to agree on this with you.

Yes, women can look like Abby- but they're elite athletes who eat perfectly (and lots, and constantly) and do particular exercises. Constantly. Abby's body is based on Colleen Fostch, and even then Abby ends up looking bigger than that very impressive woman in the game.

Colleen Fostch:

Screen_Shot_2019-11-26_at_1.53.01_PM.png

ColleenFotsch.SwimCrossFit_40-1.jpg

Abby:
rzRNwhC.png

CKj2wNo.png

And even then, something about Abby doesn't look quite female relative to Fostch.

So in summary, Abby is a female based on an elite crossfitter (Fostch). She is, at the very least as big as Fostch (arguably bigger), and to my eye looks significantly less female in the process. All of this while living out the post apocalypse.

Remember: Fostch is an elite crossfit athlete. Fostch still manages to look like a woman.

Edit: So I do retract my prior statement. Based on Fostch, a woman can end up looking more like a male I guess. I have no clue if Fostch is taking PEDs. Abby looks like a Gorilla.

Last edited:

Yoshi

You and I are having the exact same conversation as the last guy. I'm simply not going to agree on this with you.

Yes, women can look like Abby- but they're elite athletes who eat perfectly (and lots, and constantly) and do particular exercises. Constantly. Abby's body is based on Colleen Fostch, and even then Abby ends up looking bigger than that very impressive woman in the game.

Colleen Fostch:

Screen_Shot_2019-11-26_at_1.53.01_PM.png

ColleenFotsch.SwimCrossFit_40-1.jpg

Abby:
rzRNwhC.png

CKj2wNo.png

And even then, something about Abby doesn't look quite female relative to Fostch.

So in summary, Abby is a female based on an elite crossfitter (Fostch). She is, at the very least as big as Fostch (arguably bigger), and to my eye looks significantly less female in the process. All of this while living out the post apocalypse.

Remember: Fostch is an elite crossfit athlete. Fostch still manages to look like a woman.

Edit: So I do retract my prior statement. Based on Fostch, a woman can end up looking more like a male I guess. I have no clue if Fostch is taking PEDs. Abby looks like a Gorilla.
She has broader shoulders, otherwise Abbys does not look more muscular (interestingly, shoulders are usually a pretty good indicator for steroid use). Since she emphasises stregnth training a lot in her life and is a relatively comfortable situation when it comes to access to food and medicine, why would she not be able to get to roughly that build? Especially since she may have access to, may be more willing to take and certainly has no legality, long time health issues or anti doping agency to care for with performance enhancing drugs (which, again, are not strictly necessary, but would not be suprising to me if she took them in the context).

Razvedka

Banned
She has broader shoulders, otherwise Abbys does not look more muscular (interestingly, shoulders are usually a pretty good indicator for steroid use). Since she emphasises stregnth training a lot in her life and is a relatively comfortable situation when it comes to access to food and medicine, why would she not be able to get to roughly that build? Especially since she may have access to, may be more willing to take and certainly has no legality, long time health issues or anti doping agency to care for with performance enhancing drugs (which, again, are not strictly necessary, but would not be suprising to me if she took them in the context).
I'd be willing to entertain Abby's size, as mentioned prior, if she were on PEDs.

Razvedka

Banned
Hospital procurement side quests and injection minigames were cut for time, no doubt.
jfc lmao

Steroids might explain her intense rage though. That and her T levels.

As for an actress, I mean really I don't think they need to go nuts with her. Just get a fit girl who's more on the 'strength training' spectrum vs 'cardio'. All you're really trying to convey with the character is that she is very physical and capable. You don't need to have a female Dwayne Johnson.

Last edited:
Abbey is like the same age as Ellie so a lot of these people are too old. I have no clue who to use bc she’s a brick house but also needs to act for such a big role. Best just to cut her :)

Rhonda Rousey ?
as stupid as it sounds she would be perfect.....on the plus side she has acting experience where as most of the woman here the only acting they have done is in front of a drug testing officer as they fill the cup with the fake pee

Last edited:

Cleared_Hot

The amount of effort it would take a woman like Abby to get that big, the access to training, protein, and yeah probably PEDs is pretty out there. Women do not look like Abby without these things, it takes a ton of effort.
Exactly. To post a comparison like that shows very little knowledge of weight lifting.

Did Naughty Dog or Druckman ever state why they chose Abs to be so muscular? Was it for the benefit of the story or they just wanted someone who looks polar opposite of Ellie? Or they just say why the hell not?...

Top Bottom